Just make G Williams the head coach already

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

And Gregg Williams would do that? Gregg Williams didn't get hired in Cleveland bc he wasn't the reason they got better. Mayfields development was the reason they got better and Kitchens got the job bc of that. His defense actually got worse as the offense got better.

really so the headcoach who was more aggressive had nothing to do with Mayfield getting better and Kitchens gets the all the credit fine, no we dont know what he would change that context is what I would think he would do

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

I'm not as concerned about him losing with a grocery bagger at QB as I am about the fact that he put a grocery bagger in that position to begin with. That's a sign of poor judgment, poor talent evaluation skills and poor planning. They could have brought in someone better the day they found out Darnold had mono. 

I thought of that too except a) no NFL team prepares for losing both QB1 and QB2 in the same week and b) there are no qualified QB2's out there available for the Jets to acquire.  We're not giving up future picks for a three game Band Aid and we're not getting Trevor Simeon back so we're in no man's land.

Besides, every expert and JN member thought the Jets were headed for 1-3 at best in our first 4 games so here we are, only a game off that pace despite losing 2 quarterbacks and 4 linebackers and Darnold on his way back.  If we were going to lose to the Pats and Eagles anyway, why burn draft picks?  That would be foolish.

SAR I

57 minutes ago, jetsjets said:

Dam man, why are we here already. I mean it just started 

We aren't "here".

I'll bet you anything that you had the Jets at 1-3 when you saw that schedule back in April.  So WTF is everyone going crazy over?  That we're 1 game off that pace?  It's crazy.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, Stark said:

But I had an extra week to get a new truck and pick up more milk to deliver. 

Yes, because quality QB2's are growing on trees, you can just go to the Backup Quarterback Store and buy one for $20.

There are 32 quarterbacks in the world who can start on an NFL team and 32 more who are older experienced guys or younger guys with potential who are qualified as backups.  There aren't more than those 64.  That's as dry as the well goes.

You're a Jets fan.  I shouldn't have to explain to you of all people how hard it is to find a qualified backup since we've been losing 10-12 games a year with backups since 2012.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Gase has a built in excuse with Darnold getting mono. But he has got to be on the hot seat. 

I don't care if we are on our 3rd string qb. The offense hasn't showed up since the 1st half of week 1. It's now week 6.  Gase needs to find ways to adjust the offense and get the ball moving and try to keep the team competitive. Right now the jets are not competitive, or entertaining. We are downright unwatchable.

Gase had to know coming into the season the offensive line was going to be a weakness. But they are far worse than anyone could have imagined  and they are regressing as a unit. They are much worse this year than last year and we added 2 former pro bowlers. We just spent 80 million in cap space to improve the team and we are somehow much worse.

Even when Darnold comes back I don't see him solving any of the jets problems. We can't run the ball, and we can't throw the ball because we can't block for sh*t. We all just witnessed the o line give up 10 sacks to the eagles, and that's coming off of a bye week. Falk certainly didn't help that number but it doesn't change the fact that they have to play better. Jets look far worse now than we ever did with bowles.

It's week 6 and the jets Defense and special teams have more TDs than the offense. We have scored 1 offensive TD since the first half of week 1. That is beyond pathetic no matter the circumstances. 

Here's where the jets rank offensively thru 4 games with gase...

Yards per game: 32nd (179)

Passing yards per game: 32nd (113)

Rushing yards per game: 30th (66)

Points per game 31st (9.8)

Qb sacks allowed per game 32nd (5.8)

Gase has got to do a better job or he will be 1 and done. 

39 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

He's been garbage well-before coming here.

"Look at me!  I was right!  Gase is garbage!  Look!  We are 0-4!"

(Joe Willie before the season)

"This is a tough schedule, best we can hope for to start the year is 1-3"

Yes, let's fire our head coach for the mortal sin of being 1 game off the pace you predicted he'd be at before the season started.  And, FYI, Gase's O had that Bills game in the bag with a 16 point lead until William's D blew it in epic fashion. 

Gase isn't your problem.  God is.  Only God can give the Jets QB1 mononucleosis and QB2 a season ending leg injury in the same week.  Blame him.  Leave our HC alone.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

At this point SAR1 is just a parody poster. His shtick is getting old, there is some World class gas lighting going on.

I’ve never see a Bigger sh*t show ever, and I include Kotite’s team in this, at least he ran teams close.

If you can't make an argument, discredit the poster.  Not going to fly considering how ridiculous some of you are being. 

"We should be 1-3 not 0-4.......fire the head coach!"

SAR I

Yes, because quality QB2's are growing on trees, you can just go to the Backup Quarterback Store and buy one for $20.
There are 32 quarterbacks in the world who can start on an NFL team and 32 more who are older experienced guys or younger guys with potential who are qualified as backups.  There aren't more than those 64.  That's as dry as the well goes.
You're a Jets fan.  I shouldn't have to explain to you of all people how hard it is to find a qualified backup since we've been losing 10-12 games a year with backups since 2012.
SAR I

While I agree with you, it is awfully discouraging when you see other teams backups at least keeping them respectable. I think it is more an indictment of our organizational scouting rather than current coaching regime.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Look at me!  I was right!  Gase is garbage!  Look!  We are 0-4!"

(Joe Willie before the season)

"This is a tough schedule, best we can hope for to start the year is 1-3"

Yes, let's fire our head coach for the mortal sin of being 1 game off the pace you predicted he'd be at before the season started.  And, FYI, Gase's O had that Bills game in the bag with a 16 point lead until William's D blew it in epic fashion. 

Gase isn't your problem.  God is.  Only God can give the Jets QB1 mononucleosis and QB2 a season ending leg injury in the same week.  Blame him.  Leave our HC alone.

SAR I

You've attributed to me a quote that I never made. The good Lord has nothing to do with this ... perhaps, it's more attributable to Satan, with whom you appear to be well acquainted.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Gase has a built in excuse with Darnold getting mono. But he has got to be on the hot seat. 

I don't care if we are on our 3rd string qb. The offense hasn't showed up since the 1st half of week 1. It's now week 6.  Gase needs to find ways to adjust the offense and get the ball moving and try to keep the team competitive. Right now the jets are not competitive, or entertaining. We are downright unwatchable.

Gase had to know coming into the season the offensive line was going to be a weakness. But they are far worse than anyone could have imagined  and they are regressing as a unit. They are much worse this year than last year and we added 2 former pro bowlers. We just spent 80 million in cap space to improve the team and we are somehow much worse.

Even when Darnold comes back I don't see him solving any of the jets problems. We can't run the ball, and we can't throw the ball because we can't block for sh*t. We all just witnessed the o line give up 10 sacks to the eagles, and that's coming off of a bye week. Falk certainly didn't help that number but it doesn't change the fact that they have to play better. Jets look far worse now than we ever did with bowles.

It's week 6 and the jets Defense and special teams have more TDs than the offense. We have scored 1 offensive TD since the first half of week 1. That is beyond pathetic no matter the circumstances. 

Excellent point but really what stuck out to me was the what I bolded above:

Jets look far worse now than we ever did with bowles.

come AGAIN??? WORSE?? in all these craptatude of a team I somehow dismissed that. WE ARE WORSE NOW THAN WHEN WE HAD BOWLES!!!!

GASE NEEDS TO PASS THE KEYS TO G WILLIAMS.

No one can argue we woudl be better off any other way.

30 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

While I agree with you, it is awfully discouraging when you see other teams backups at least keeping them respectable. I think it is more an indictment of our organizational scouting rather than current coaching regime.

Trevor Semian = Backup

Luke Falk = Pastry Chef

Yes, it sucks.  But it's the way it is in the NFL.  If you lose QB1 and QB2, you are screwed.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Just a friendly reminder that if you’re using “but it’s Luke Falk” as your reasoning to defend Gase: the Jets are the second team this supposed “QB whisperer” has brought Falk on. Falk is a Jets QB because Gase wanted him to be. 

p3ngjdmps4mtrnq7ad5m

This is Trevor Simiean.  He is a backup quarterback.  You might not recognize him because he took 5 snaps and went out for the year with a leg injury.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

You've attributed to me a quote that I never made. The good Lord has nothing to do with this ... perhaps, it's more attributable to Satan, with whom you appear to be well acquainted.

Oh, my bad.  So you had the Jets opening 4-0 back in April?  I didn't realize you were such an optimist considering your recent whoa is me posting history.

SAR I

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Trevor Semian = Backup

Luke Falk = Hand Picked QB who knows the systme better than anyone.

Yes, it sucks.  But it's the way it is in the NFL.  If you lose QB1 and QB2, you are screwed.

SAR I

unless you are carolina, jax, the eagles, steelers, etc etc etc...but yeah you are so screwed 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Just a friendly reminder that if you’re using “but it’s Luke Falk” as your reasoning to defend Gase: the Jets are the second team this supposed “QB whisperer” has brought Falk on. Falk is a Jets QB because Gase wanted him to be. 

Gase coaches every game as if he had Peyton Manning under center, which is fine when you actually have Peyton Manning.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe Willie said:

No, I didn't. They are playing down to my low expectations currently.

So you had them at 1-3.  Like everyone else.  So fire our HC because he (wait for it) lost *1* game more than you expected.  Without his franchise quarterback.  Without his competent backup.  With a pastry chef.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So you had them at 1-3.  Like everyone else.  So fire our HC because he (wait for it) lost *1* game more than you expected.  Without his franchise quarterback.  Without his competent backup.  With a pastry chef.

SAR I

I knew from the outset that they'd suck BECAUSE of Gase, not in spite of him. I think most of us held the same opinion except, of course, for you.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If you can't make an argument, discredit the poster.  Not going to fly considering how ridiculous some of you are being. 

"We should be 1-3 not 0-4.......fire the head coach!"

SAR I

Let’s stick to facts.

Jets 0-4.

Jets worst scoring offence in football.

Jets gave up 10 sacks against a side with 3 sacks in 3 previous games.

All-Pro Running back average 2.9 yards per rush.

No adjustments, zero innovation. Predictable. 

We should have Drafted Dan Marino but we didn’t. File that under should be 1-3 not 0-4.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As a cheap backup?  Who cares?  They never play.  And if they do, you're dead in the water so it doesn't matter.

SAR I

Apparently they do play. Look around the league. Siemian was one of the worst Backups in the league. Falk is terrible. But these are the guys Gase wanted. And he hasn’t pressed to get someone else on the roster either. This team isn’t serious about winning games and has been mailing it in for the last three games. The one game we can look at seriously, the offense was pretty bad still. 

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Go ahead and keep going through HCs. Doesn’t really matter until the GM actually builds a respectable roster. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

FACT.  Luke Falk is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.

FACT.  Falk was as good as any other third-string emergency taxi quarterback in the NFL.

FACT.  Gase knows that without Darnold or Simean it doesn't matter what he does, they aren't winning.

FACT.  Gase is predictable because his quarterback only knows 10% of the playbook and is immobile.

Everyone knows that if we don't force feed the ball to Bell we are idiots considering he is our only offensive weapon that doesn't require a forward pass to generate yardage.

SAR I

Your statement about Falk only knowing 10% of the PB is BS,   AG stated on  several different occasions that Falk knew his system better then anyone playing O not named SAM....  

Fact:  For the second consecutive game, the offense was noncompetitive, and that’s inexcusable regardless of who’s playing quarterback.

Fact: Last 36 games this HC is 13-23, let me repeat that 13-23 

fact:  Last 7 gams he is 0-7 and losses on average were by 17 pts

Fact:  The Jets had an extra week to prepare to play against one of the worst defenses in the league and they were non-competitive.  That two games in a row if your counting. 

Fact:  the Jets have produced 233 yards of offense in the past two games, which is 32 yards fewer than what the Eagles produced Sunday

Factual statement by AG:  "We should [be more competitive]l" Jets coach Adam Gase said of the offense. "We haven't been. We haven't been doing anything right, right now. We're playing bad."  

Well golly who's scheme is not working?  Who is not adapting his scheme to the players ability to give them a chance to be success?  BTW - AG O is predicable and one of the  Eagles D player said they knew that the Jets O focus was on Bell,  they key on him as did NE, yet AG did nothing to change that NOTHING,   

You see a trend here?  Just saying... Keep dreaming that AG is the solution, he isn't. he is part of the problem. 

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Let’s stick to facts.

Jets 0-4.

Jets worst scoring offence in football.

Jets gave up 10 sacks against a side with 3 sacks in 3 previous games.

All-Pro Running back average 2.9 yards per rush.

No adjustments, zero innovation. Predictable. 

We should have Drafted Dan Marino but we didn’t. File that under should be 1-3 not 0-4.

Third. String. Quarterback.

This SOJF trolling just isn't working.  Because some of us realize we don't have an NFL quarterback under center.  And that means conservative playcalling and playing to the one strength on the offense-  the running back.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Apparently they do play. Look around the league. Siemian was one of the worst Backups in the league. Falk is terrible. But these are the guys Gase wanted. And he hasn’t pressed to get someone else on the roster either. This team isn’t serious about winning games and has been mailing it in for the last three games. The one game we can look at seriously, the offense was pretty bad still. 

Nothing matters with Luke Falk under center.  We weren't beating the Patriots or Eagles with that bum, be real. 

So the fact that Gase gave Darnold all the reps last week was a smart move.  Sam will be game-ready when he returns this Sunday.  No rust.  Ready to roll.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SOJ said:

Your statement about Falk only knowing 10% of the PB is BS,   AG stated on  several different occasions that Falk knew his system better then anyone playing O not named SAM....  

Fact:  For the second consecutive game, the offense was noncompetitive, and that’s inexcusable regardless of who’s playing quarterback.

Fact: Last 36 games this HC is 13-23, let me repeat that 13-23 

fact:  Last 7 gams he is 0-7 and losses on average were by 17 pts

Fact:  The Jets had an extra week to prepare to play against one of the worst defenses in the league and they were non-competitive.  That two games in a row if your counting. 

Fact:  the Jets have produced 233 yards of offense in the past two games, which is 32 yards fewer than what the Eagles produced Sunday

Factual statement by AG:  "We should [be more competitive]l" Jets coach Adam Gase said of the offense. "We haven't been. We haven't been doing anything right, right now. We're playing bad."  

Well golly who's scheme is not working?  Who is not adapting his scheme to the players ability to give them a chance to be success?  BTW - AG O is predicable and one of the  Eagles D player said they knew that the Jets O focus was on Bell,  they key on him as did NE, yet AG did nothing to change that NOTHING,   

You see a trend here?  Just saying... Keep dreaming that AG is the solution, he isn't. he is part of the problem. 

I don't care what Adam Gase's record was in loserville Miami.  The fact that he took them from 1-4 to 10-6 and the playoffs is amazing though.

Nothing about the first 4 games counts.  They never happened.  That's what happens when you lose your QB1 and QB2 in the same week and have to rush QB3 into service.   I know you put a lot of thought into that post, but I didn't read any of it.

If you love the Jets, chill and see what happens when Sam is back.  Mosley, Herndon, Copeland, and injured players too.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Third. String. Quarterback.

This SOJF trolling just isn't working.  Because some of us realize we don't have an NFL quarterback under center.  And that means conservative playcalling and playing to the one strength on the offense-  the running back.

SAR I

Gas light much.