Gardner Minshew

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase sucks.  The steelers were going up and down the field w their 3rd string qb.  I never even heard of the guy.

Neither did the Steelers two weeks ago. They signed him off the street.

Amazing what a difference a good coach and a winning organization makes.

Meanwhile we suck and half the fan base is afraid to see the starting QB come back and play when he’s healthy.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I can’t get enough of the guy. He’s a beast. Narrow loss but was 26-44, 375 yards and 2 touchdowns. How can coaches get these numbers out of QB’s who have never started before and Gase can’t. 

No excuse here.

Rookie, 6th round pick, same college as Falk.  They're basically identical, just Falk a little bigger and Minshew more athletic.  Crazy though how they looked like the same player in college but totally different in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

That same Jax coaching staff couldn't get much out of Blake Bortles. Maybe Mshew is a good player because he's a good player. 

All they got out of Bortles was a AFCG appearance they win if the zebras don’t blow Brady

Coaching matters.

• Upvote 1

Unbelievable. You really think with the horrible OL, the crappy skill players we have, and the sieve we call a secondary that ANY one of these off the street guys could succeed? Please. I know you guys are pissed after a tough loss but you can't really believe that the talent on this roster compares to any of the teams you are talking about. ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I can’t get enough of the guy. He’s a beast. Narrow loss but was 26-44, 375 yards and 2 touchdowns. How can coaches get these numbers out of QB’s who have never started before and Gase can’t. 

No excuse here.

Just because a qb is an unknown prospect doesn't mean he is a bad qb. Just because a qb is a known prospect doesn't mean he is a good qb. Minshaw is just head and shoulder above Falk....who should have never left the practice squad. Plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

Just because a qb is an unknown prospect doesn't mean he is a bad qb. Just because a qb is a known prospect doesn't mean he is a good qb. Minshaw is just head and shoulder above Falk....who should have never left the practice squad. Plain and simple.

They don’t become good over night brother. It comes from good coaching, preparation and someone who can play to the strengths of his players. Someone who makes it easier on the rookie. 

Its Gase, dude. Gase sucks. Let’s cut it out lmao.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I did, this is a Jets board lol. And you specifically tied your thread to the Jets. 

I get your point. Minshew has a lot of potential.

Darnold has more. And the entire team will look better when he’s back. 

I wasn’t saying anything about Darnold. My thread was about Gase not getting the most out of who he has to work with. Nothing about Darnold in there.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They don’t become good over night brother. It comes from good coaching, preparation and someone who can play to the strengths of his players. Someone who makes it easier on the rookie. 

Its Gase, dude. Gase sucks. Let’s cut it out lmao.

I am not trying to argue that Gase isn't a problem. I think to this point he hasn't done this team any favors by leading with his ego. Play calling is terrible. The decision to give Falk no 1st team reps this week was terrible. Bell is phenomenal but you need to get creative and not just run him up the gut all game. 

HOWEVER....you can't sit here and blame Gase for not making Falk our savior. You either got it or you don't. Great coaches can mask some warts but eventually your true skill will show. And Falk is simply terrible. Could Gase game plan a little better? Sure. Call better plays? Sure. But the difference would be losing 31-14 not 31-6. lol The fact is the talent just isn't there and Sam covered up a lot of warts on offense. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

That same Jax coaching staff couldn't get much out of Blake Bortles. Maybe Mshew is a good player because he's a good player. 

You mean like that time that coaching staff got Blake Bortles to a blown call from the Super Bowl?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

How can coaches get these numbers out of QB’s who have never started before and Gase can’t. 

No excuse here.

This is what you said. 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not. But what I am saying is 1 offensive touchdown in 5 weeks is disgusting 

Agreed. Disgusting. However, Gase can't be blamed for Falk's ineptitude. Which is what you were talking about and what I responded to. lol I think we are in agreement. Results have been terrible. 

I just think you can't FULLY judge Gase until we get Darnold back. If Sam comes back and the results are the same....fire everyone. ASAP. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alentador31 said:

This is what you said. 

Agreed. Disgusting. However, Gase can't be blamed for Falk's ineptitude. Which is what you were talking about and what I responded to. lol I think we are in agreement. Results have been terrible. 

I just think you can't FULLY judge Gase until we get Darnold back. If Sam comes back and the results are the same....fire everyone. ASAP. 

I don’t trust him with Darnold, or my dog for that matter.

10 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

I am not trying to argue that Gase isn't a problem. I think to this point he hasn't done this team any favors by leading with his ego. Play calling is terrible. The decision to give Falk no 1st team reps this week was terrible. Bell is phenomenal but you need to get creative and not just run him up the gut all game. 

HOWEVER....you can't sit here and blame Gase for not making Falk our savior. You either got it or you don't. Great coaches can mask some warts but eventually your true skill will show. And Falk is simply terrible. Could Gase game plan a little better? Sure. Call better plays? Sure. But the difference would be losing 31-14 not 31-6. lol The fact is the talent just isn't there and Sam covered up a lot of warts on offense. 

But Gase has done crap to help Falk that much is clear

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1