The Biggest Problem Is Gase, NOT Falk

PCP63

Yes, Falk sucks. Obviously. But Gase is the much bigger problem. When we're watching Falk, it's not that there are these intricately-designed plays with wide-open receivers. No. The blocking schemes are trash, the receivers aren't schemed open, and the play designs as a whole are just terrible. 

When people say that Gase shouldn't be blamed because he has to play a third-string QB, it implies that there are wide-open throwing and running lanes everywhere, and it's the players' failures for not hitting them. In reality, it's just crap play design. If you put Brady back there and made him run those plays, he'd look terrible, too. But not because of a bad OL, it's because the coach isn't getting the best out of his players. And I think that really sums it up. Gase is not putting his players in positions to succeed, so even with good players, they'd still fail. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thumb Down 8

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

Yes, Falk sucks. Obviously. But Gase is the much bigger problem. When we're watching Falk, it's not that there are these intricately-designed plays with wide-open receivers. No. The blocking schemes are trash, the receivers aren't schemed open, and the play designs as a whole are just terrible. 

When people say that Gase shouldn't be blamed because he has to play a third-string QB, it implies that there are wide-open throwing and running lanes everywhere, and it's the players' failures for not hitting them. In reality, it's just crap play design. If you put Brady back there and made him run those plays, he'd look terrible, too. But not because of a bad OL, it's because the coach isn't getting the best out of his players. And I think that really sums it up. Gase is not putting his players in positions to succeed, so even with good players, they'd still fail. 

You should have stopped right after those 1st 4 words. Gase can't be evaluated with a QB that should be in Div. I college.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Rolloffjet said:

Nope biggest problem is the f’ing ol. How do you give up 10 sacks to a team that had what 2 sacks all year. They can’t run block either. Never seen a ol so bad. 

Yeah, they do suck. Gase needs to ******* coach them up. That's his job. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

By this logic Gase should be able to win with Kevin Hart at WR and Richard Simmons at QB.

Falks' performance was so abysmal it's hard to be that mad at him..  he's simply incapable of being a QB in the NFL. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Pac said:

By this logic Gase should be able to win with Kevin Hart at WR and Richard Simmons at QB.

Falks' performance was so bad it's hard to be that mad at him..  he's simply incapable of being a QB in the NFL. 

I didn't say we could WIN with a bad QB. What I'm saying is that with the play designs of Gase, there are always unblocked guys, and never any open wide receivers. 

I mean, have you seen how wide open Pats WRs are? That's not skill, that's coaching. 

Just now, ECURB said:

Darnold will next week.

If it was that easy just to "scheme" a game plan for a scrub QB they wouldn't be so important.

We'll be just as bad when he's back in. Darnold can make the throws... but they won't be there to make in the first place. 

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

I didn't say we could WIN with a bad QB. What I'm saying is that with the play designs of Gase, there are always unblocked guys, and never any open wide receivers. 

I mean, have you seen how wide open Pats WRs are? That's not skill, that's coaching. 

That's a function of having a QB who the defense respects

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I agree that the O-line's never-ending confusion is a reflection on Gase and Pollaks coaching...  That said they weren't responsible for at least half of the sacks today.  It was reminiscent of Greg Mcelroy coming in and getting sacked 11 times when the team hadn't allowed anywhere near that many sacks before he played.

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Boy you really know football. Newsflash, our WR's suck. All the coaching in the world won't help talent challenged players.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Boy you really know football. Newsflash, our WR's suck. All the coaching in the world won't help talent challenged players.

Yes, it does help. Hence how the Patriots consistently dominate no matter their personnel outside of QB. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The receivers aren't schemed open? What exactly does that mean?

Much of receivers' separation has to do with intelligent play design. Could be through alignment, pre-snap movement, picks, good route combinations, etc. It's not ALL player skill. 

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

Falks' performance was so abysmal it's hard to be that mad at him..  he's simply incapable of being a QB in the NFL. 

These are backups and third stringers playing against one of the elite teams in the NFL;  backups and third stringers to starters that weren't that good to begin with too. That anyone can actually sit here and identify playcalling or whatever as anything near the primary problem today isn't tilting at windmills, they're launching nukes at them.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

this post is, i dunno, worth ten scrotums/sacs

• Haha 2