Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TMAC

UNIMAGINABLY BAD

Recommended Posts

I am beyond anger and disgust.  Somehow, Chris Johnson figured a way to deliver up something even worse than the garbage he served over the last three seasons (a nauseating total of 14 wins).  Yes, the Jets have been incredibly unlucky.  For the first time in the 100 year history of the NFL, a starting QB has been sidelined with mono.  Key players were injured.  We know this.  But every NFL team deals with injury.  After gagging in the first game against the Bills, the Jets have not been competitive--not for a second.  The offense is non-existent.  Worse than anything Todd Bowles or Rex Ryan ever rolled out. The defense is not much better.  I am convinced that as long as the Johnson Brothers have anything do do with football operations (including selecting the GM or Head Coach), the Jets will remain the joke of the NFL.  I know it was a long time ago, but this team, this organization, once had class.  The players played with heart and if they went down, it wasn't in the first five minutes of the game.  Several years ago, Jet fans were influential in getting John Idzik fired.  Perhaps, a new movement could start to convince the Johnson's to sell the team.  Why anyone would actually go to see this putrid product bewilders me.  Until the Johnsons let go, nothing good will come of this.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, Johnson's are NOT selling this cash cow no matter what, otherwise good post.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

leo williams is a backup...  best player in draft!!!!!   wow! hows that for scoutfail?

btw, may as well send me my money now, Genot

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You have us losing another game?  Yee of little faith.

Spit out my beer you mother fukker.... LMAO!!!!!!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

leo williams is a backup...  best player in draft!!!!!   wow! hows that for scoutfail?

btw, may as well send me my money now, Genot

His replacement is equally as inept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

OP, Johnson's are NOT selling this cash cow no matter what, otherwise good post.

The Jets are actually one of the most successful teams in the league in regards to tickets sales DESPITE being the most poorly run organization by far. They are rewarded for their failure so where is the incentive to get better? It’s incredible actually. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

OP, Johnson's are NOT selling this cash cow no matter what, otherwise good post.

Exactly.

No one likes to hear it, but you have to sit and wait for the brothers Johnson to die off.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so sure what is so 'unimaginable' about the season so far.

We had a paper thin roster to start, largely bereft of NFL talent.  The starting, and backup QB have been out after game 1, the OL is horrific (as many of us noted all off-season), the starting TE was suspended for the first 4 games, we lost our supposed '#1' WR for the season in PS, our big-money FA all-pro MLB (after he was injured the Bills game was lost), there is NO pass rush, our 'best player in the draft' DPs for the past 3 seasons either a. play a relatively non-impact position or b. are actually just high-priced JAGS (though the jury is still out on QW).  There's like $70 million in cap space being taken up by average to below average NFL players.

Everyone at the beginning of the season was bemoaning the first 6 games on our schedule to begin with...winning maybe 1 or two of those games would have been a surprise, at least to me.  We should have beat BUF...would everyone feel any better right now if we had?

If your upset because we look 'horrifically' bad with the cast-off PS/3rd string QB playing behind a crappy OL..I don't know what to tell you.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Exactly.

No one likes to hear it, but you have to sit and wait for the brothers Johnson to die off.

And some of us are already waiting for the Wilpons and Jimmy Dolan to die off. Unless you’re a yankee fan, sports in this town is just sad. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Not so sure what is so 'unimaginable' about the season so far.

We had a paper thin roster to start, largely bereft of NFL talent.  The starting, and backup QB have been out after game 1, the OL is horrific (as many of us noted all off-season), the starting TE was suspended for the first 4 games, we lost our supposed '#1' WR for the season in PS, our big-money FA all-pro MLB (after he was injured the Bills game was lost), there is NO pass rush, our 'best player in the draft' DPs for the past 3 seasons either a. play a relatively non-impact position or b. are actually just high-priced JAGS (though the jury is still out on QW).  There's like $70 million in cap space being taken up by average to below average NFL players.

Everyone at the beginning of the season was bemoaning the first 6 games on our schedule to begin with...winning maybe 1 or two of those games would have been a surprise, at least to me.  We should have beat BUF...would everyone feel any better right now if we had?

If your upset because we look 'horrifically' bad with the cast-off PS/3rd string QB playing behind a crappy OL..I don't know what to tell you.

That’s not right, there was a lot of hype about this year with expectations talking high wild card, and 8-8. No one thought this was going to be Epic level sh*t show.

This has turned into to worst team I’ve seen perhaps ever. Losing your starting QB with mono took the air out of the season after only one game.

Its why everyone is so pissed, The team will mail it in very soon. Plus Douglas is going to trade every player he can in the next two weeks. I expect the Johnson’s will be in hiding by week 8.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Johnsons are unlikely to sell the team while it remains a cash cow. So, let's have a fan boycott. Don't attend games, don't buy or wear merchandise, don't give 'em a dime. Protest on social media. Let Woody and Chris know that we're done until things change. I know that the tv rights, etc., will keep the Johnsons rolling in dough regardless of what we do. However, if we just sit by and do nothing, then we'll all have to accept abject failure in the foreseeable future ... and we won't have any justification for complaining or otherwise b*tching about it. I'm so angry and frustrated right now ... this organization, its owners, and its players, are a bunch of pathetic losers who can't or won't even try. It's plain disgusting and depressing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TMAC said:

I am beyond anger and disgust.  Somehow, Chris Johnson figured a way to deliver up something even worse than the garbage he served over the last three seasons (a nauseating total of 14 wins).  Yes, the Jets have been incredibly unlucky.  For the first time in the 100 year history of the NFL, a starting QB has been sidelined with mono.  Key players were injured.  We know this.  But every NFL team deals with injury.  After gagging in the first game against the Bills, the Jets have not been competitive--not for a second.  The offense is non-existent.  Worse than anything Todd Bowles or Rex Ryan ever rolled out. The defense is not much better.  I am convinced that as long as the Johnson Brothers have anything do do with football operations (including selecting the GM or Head Coach), the Jets will remain the joke of the NFL.  I know it was a long time ago, but this team, this organization, once had class.  The players played with heart and if they went down, it wasn't in the first five minutes of the game.  Several years ago, Jet fans were influential in getting John Idzik fired.  Perhaps, a new movement could start to convince the Johnson's to sell the team.  Why anyone would actually go to see this putrid product bewilders me.  Until the Johnsons let go, nothing good will come of this.

Your probably one of those fans that would come out of the closet once we start winning more games!!!

  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The start of year 5 of the Gase regime:

Guys, it took years to fix Idz...er..mac's mistakes! Gase just now has the roster he needs to win! 

End of 2023: 

FIRE GASE! Team looks even worse than the first four years! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No lie, I can’t remember a team being this bad. We barely can complete a pass. I’m happy if we complete a 4-6 yard pass. 
 

I’ve been a fan for a long, long time. I honestly cannot recall us being this bad. It’s ridiculous to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mangini/Ryan eras are looking pretty good right about now. 

At least those were NFL level teams 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The "unimaginable" part is that after hiring an "offensive guru" and splurging in FA the team is worse.

I repeat, Todd Bowles and Jeremy Bates had the same talent (arguably worst talent, really) looking significantly better than we've looked so far.

The QB injuries as an excuse only go so far. There's no reason this offense should be this bad. You could literally trot out one of the better offenses in the SEC and they'd score more points than we have.

This 100%!!

Yes the QB (Falk) was poor as was the OL but Bowles had the team better prepared on the offensive side of the ball with Bates as his OC that is obvious and Gase is responsible, period!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team remains a steaming pile of HOBO shït! Douglas better start stripping this team down and start over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I unfortunately have now recognized the GREEN units I fell in Love with in the 80s, the Namath stigma etc.. is gone.   We are a poorly run franchise owned by trust funds babies and I can no longer be emotionally invested.

Im a fan, but I watched NONE of this shlt show today and feel happy I didn’t. 

4 years in a row of FITZ and McCown should have been our clue.  

 

This problem goes back 30 years.  Since the Al Toon injuries.  Esiason with Coslet handcuffing him.  To Kotite.  Save from One year of a healthy VInny T, we endured several years of injury/limited Pennington, selfish Favre, limited Sanchez, Geno, one weird year of Fitz, McCown.  

After watching last year, I was optimistic but our offense is worse than Sanchez against the Ravens bad.  

From what I have seen the past three games, I am fearful for Darnold.  Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes couldn’t produce with our current combination of coaching, O line, and skill players.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

That’s not right, there was a lot of hype about this year with expectations talking high wild card, and 8-8. No one thought this was going to be Epic level sh*t show.

This has turned into to worst team I’ve seen perhaps ever. Losing your starting QB with mono took the air out of the season after only one game.

Its why everyone is so pissed, The team will mail it in very soon. Plus Douglas is going to trade every player he can in the next two weeks. I expect the Johnson’s will be in hiding by week 8.

I stated before the season that if the Jets got to 8-8 that would be a successful season - too many people had green colored glasses on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TMAC said:

I am beyond anger and disgust.  Somehow, Chris Johnson figured a way to deliver up something even worse than the garbage he served over the last three seasons (a nauseating total of 14 wins).  Yes, the Jets have been incredibly unlucky.  For the first time in the 100 year history of the NFL, a starting QB has been sidelined with mono.  Key players were injured.  We know this.  But every NFL team deals with injury.  After gagging in the first game against the Bills, the Jets have not been competitive--not for a second.  The offense is non-existent.  Worse than anything Todd Bowles or Rex Ryan ever rolled out. The defense is not much better.  I am convinced that as long as the Johnson Brothers have anything do do with football operations (including selecting the GM or Head Coach), the Jets will remain the joke of the NFL.  I know it was a long time ago, but this team, this organization, once had class.  The players played with heart and if they went down, it wasn't in the first five minutes of the game.  Several years ago, Jet fans were influential in getting John Idzik fired.  Perhaps, a new movement could start to convince the Johnson's to sell the team.  Why anyone would actually go to see this putrid product bewilders me.  Until the Johnsons let go, nothing good will come of this.

The defense is playing lights-out considering they live on the field. They've scored and turned the ball over. They've done their job.  As for the rest it's all an absolute question mark. Coach? Dunno, theres no oline so theres no time for a play to develop.   QB?  Dunno.  Theres no oline so we have no way to judge.  Weapons?  Pretty sure we're solid there. But we dont know because we have no oline and nobody can finish a route or get a crack to run through.   So basically. The one unit we've perennially ignored since the Mangini era has been our downfall.   Who would have seen that coming. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not an excuse for Gase and Douglas, but literally what you’re seeing is what Mac built. His mess was not gonna get cleaned up in one partial off season post draft. 
 

also we have a guy who doesn’t belong on an nfl team playing QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more disgusted the Jets could have had a top 5 QB in the league(Mahomes or Watson) and decided to take a SS instead.

 

Thanks Mac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...