Predict the final 2019 record

Predict the final 2019 record  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Objectively predict the Jets final record ...

• 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2019 at 02:47 AM

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Which returning player will fix a terrible offensive line?

This.  Everyone wants to throw blame at coaching or whatever.  We haven’t invested in the offensive line in 13 ******* years.  This is what you get.

• Upvote 4
Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I said 7-9 before all the injuries and mono and with some sense of realistic hope. I adjusted to 2-14 and I’m being serious. This is the worst team that I’ve ever seen and coaching seems to be a major problem which I wasn’t expecting. No way we win more than 4 games but 2 is my bet. 

I was thinking around 4 wins before everything now. 2 looks realistic. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I said 7-9 before all the injuries and mono and with some sense of realistic hope. I adjusted to 2-14 and I’m being serious. This is the worst team that I’ve ever seen and coaching seems to be a major problem which I wasn’t expecting. No way we win more than 4 games but 2 is my bet. 

I voted 3. Because they’ll win one that doesn’t matter, knock themselves out of the top spot, and trigger the ownership to give everyone lifetime contracts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Darnold. Falk is a statue and goes through his progressions as quick as a 3rd string QB does. Oh it will still be a sh*tshow for sure but Darnold would take half the sacks Falk did today. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, TeddEY said:

This.  Everyone wants to throw blame at coaching or whatever.  We haven’t invested in the offensive line in 13 ******* years.  This is what you get.

But the oline is fine and you only need to get a passrusher and poof, Championship. 

No way this team does not win a few utterly meaningless games at the end of the year to screw us out of draft position and suddenly make the owner and pundits thing that gase 'has the team on the right track'

I say we win 4.

• Haha 1

I voted 0-16. I know that is hard to fathom, but I truly believe they have an excellent shot at a winless season. They do not even try. 10 sacks against a team that had no secondary at all and I think very few sacks through weeks 1-4. They had a bye week and came back exactly the same as they went out - nothing has changed. There is no game planning. There is no offensive creativity. There is no heart or fire on offense. They know they have no shot at even competing, it seems pre ordained. Is this the culture change we were waiting for? The defense plays hard but is spent by the end of the first half after having been on the field the first 25 or 30 minutes of the game. The 1996 1-15 Kotite team had talent just had no coaching. This team has no coaching and no talent. Do you guys think bringing Sam back will make much of a difference? I don't. With that OL? He will be knocked out of the game relatively quickly with some sort of injury due to getting hit so many times.

I have serous concerns in my mind about our GM, mainly, is he conscious? He has done nothing to improve this pathetic roster. Surely there is a journeyman QB who can play at least a tiny bit out there to bring in? I think Osweiler is still available are we to believe he is worse then Luke Falk? I mean how the hell do you let your team go into games with Luke Falk and no back up anyway? Oh well put Lac Edwards in to play QB. They knew Sam could be out for many weeks with an unpredictable disease, what the bloody hell is wrong with them? I would also be trying out any kid who has ever played OL in his life on a daily basis. American, Canadian, Chinese or whatever the f**k football league they played in, come in for a tree out LOL. Sorry have to laugh.

So yes I voted 0-16 and in all honesty would be shocked if they won more than 1 game this season the way it stands right now, Sam or no Sam.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

No way this team does not win a few utterly meaningless games at the end of the year to screw us out of draft position and suddenly make the owner and pundits thing that gase 'has the team on the right track'

I say we win 4.

Darnold and everyone is healthy, the D plays well against shitty teams, Leo looks like he belongs in the NFL, Anderson catches a few deep TDs and the team goes 3 - 1 to end the season. Gase stays, players get extensions and they go from 1st to 6th in the draft. This story sounds familiar. 

• Upvote 2

After Week 7 our schedule is laughably easy. We have the defense, and if Darnold can bring the magic we'll win at least 6. The offense is terrible now. However through TC and preseason they were playing great with Darnold. There's a real chance that our O can gel with Darnold back, and let's not forget Chris Herndon returning as well. 

• Upvote 2

I'll go with 3-13. Before the season, I was thinking 7-8 wins. So, this is a really disappointing season. I misjudged the talent on this team. I didn't expect the OL to be this bad. I thought we would be able to find a competent Kicker. I expect more from the iDL.

As of now, the only thing I am putting on coaching is the play of the OL. It's been awful. Darnold's mobility and pocket awareness will remedy some of that. But the run blocking has taking a turn for the worse. That falls on coaching. Our OL run blocking was bad last year as well, but not this bad. And they were able to protect Darnold and McCown. Although both of those guys are mobile with pocket awareness. Either way, the OL needs to start playing competent. 

37 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Darnold. Falk is a statue and goes through his progressions as quick as a 3rd string QB does. Oh it will still be a sh*tshow for sure but Darnold would take half the sacks Falk did today. 

Oh. Good. Just five sacks then. Cool. 

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I voted 3. Because they’ll win one that doesn’t matter, knock themselves out of the top spot, and trigger the ownership to give everyone lifetime contracts. 

I voted 3 also. And guys will be happy if they come at the end, thinking the culture will change.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Darnold... Herndon... Both will... Darnold because of how well he escapes... not afraid to throw downfield  and Herndon to help blocking since he is a good blocking TE. So both offensive players will.

• Thumb Down 1
2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Darnold... Herndon... Both will... Darnold because of how well he escapes... not afraid to throw downfield  and Herndon to help blocking since he is a good blocking TE. So both offensive players will.

Let's say I agree with that(I don't but that's a different story...): Who fixes the horrible DBs and zero pass rush? This is a really, really fundamentally bad team and I haven't even talked about the poor coaching.

• Thumb Down 1
2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Meh. There’s no guarantee Darnold is back next week. I don’t know much about Herndon’s blocking, but it’s still a terrible offensive line and changing out some of the players somehow made it worse. Darnold being able to escape and having a bette grasp of the offense than Falk will help, but it’s not going to cure all of the ills.