Gase will be one and done

WowOhWow

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

How is it not? Even if Darnold is a good QB which no one at this point even really knows he is not saving this pathetic roster. 

We will win 4 or 5 games this year.  Our schedule still has dolphins twice, redskins, bengals, giants.  And one team that is clearly better then us will overlook us so we will win one that way.

• Haha 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

We will win 4 or 5 games this year.  Our schedule still has dolphins twice, redskins, bengals, giants.  And one team that is clearly better then us will overlook us so we will win one that way.

If you say so. This team have looked worse than the Dolphins. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

No way.  Douglas is here because of him, he's at least getting next year and rightfully so.  I have zero confidence in the guy but at least give him some games with his starting QB and an offseason with Douglas to see what they can do.

If Sam comes back and plays the rest of the season and we still look like this. Douglas might not have a choice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

No way.  Douglas is here because of him, he's at least getting next year and rightfully so.  I have zero confidence in the guy but at least give him some games with his starting QB and an offseason with Douglas to see what they can do.

Why? What did he do in Miami that made anyone say: "Wow, I really wish the Jets could get a guy like that here."

He was in over his head in Miami and he's in over his head here. The sooner they flush this turd down the drain the better.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Cardinals were laughed at when Keim fired Steve Wilks after one season and shipped out Rosen. But Keim did it anyway because he judged it was in the best interests of the franchise.

Of course, it's far too early to determine whether the move to the Kingsbury/Murray combo is going to pay dividends, but I think the days of a coach getting multiple years to turn around a franchise may not always hold true any more if the PTB determine that he doesn't have the right stuff.

This team has looked clueless since week 1, especially on offence, which is meant to be Gase's bread and butter. There are obviously mitigating factors, of course, but I feel that if Gase doesn't improve the offence efficiency over the remainder of the season, with or without Darnold under centre, then he may well be looking for another job and Jets fans are going to be lamenting that it's the second time Peyton Manning screwed over the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The guy deserves to be fired at any point. He is a loser with a horrible personality who SUX at his job. Hopefully, Douglas is smart enough to cut the cord on this as&hole and find a LEADER, unlike Gase who is a weak loser with no gumption. He is owed nothing and does not deserve a second season to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

36 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

happy if that's the case.  this ain't working.

You mean it’s not working with, at best, a 3rd string QB?  and with this OL?  We all knew this OL was going to be shaky w/Sam.  and without a threat at TE in Herndon  

Did people really expect it to?  Seriously?!?!  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, JiF said:

Firing gase after 1 season makes this job as bad as T0m thinks it is 

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The guy deserves to be fired at any point. He is a loser with a horrible personality who SUX at his job. Hopefully, Douglas is smart enough to cut the cord on this as&hole and find a LEADER, unlike Gase who is a weak loser with no gumption. He is owed nothing and does not deserve a second season to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We have a leader its Gregg Williams. HC.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

We can overthink this all we want.  Dude is 0-7 in his last 7 with 4 total offensive TDs.  

This is exactly what it looks like when you are in over your head and are done.  He's done.

He'll take a year off and then come back as an OC.

He's done.  I'm convinced he's done.

If only we had a courageous owner and GM who would terminate this abomination. Gase will be back to follow up his 1-15 masterpiece this year with a 3-13 the next year to claim progress.

LL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

They both answer to the owner. 

We saw Gase coach against Bowles 6 times while he was at Miami.  He generally out-coached Bowles and his band of clowns.  

This is a terrible team right now.  The players are terrible and the coaching is terrible.  That is the only way you get football this terrible.

I am actually wondering if there is some type of NFL conspiracy not to play for Gase.   I think the players may really not like him.   I am trying to find a rational explanation for this, and I can’t.   Even these bad players are not that bad. 

• Sympathy 1