Gase will be one and done

WowOhWow

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The guy deserves to be fired at any point. He is a loser with a horrible personality who SUX at his job. Hopefully, Douglas is smart enough to cut the cord on this as&hole and find a LEADER, unlike Gase who is a weak loser with no gumption. He is owed nothing and does not deserve a second season to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He senselessly blathers when talking “football” and never gets to a point. I wouldn’t be surprised if the players have already tuned him out- he is unintelligible. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

We saw Gase coach against Bowles 6 times while he was at Miami.  He generally out-coached Bowles and his band of clowns.  

This is a terrible team right now.  The players are terrible and the coaching is terrible.  That is the only way you get football this terrible.

I am actually wondering if there is some type of NFL conspiracy not to play for Gase.   I think the players may really not like him.   I am trying to find a rational explanation for this, and I can’t.   Even these bad players are not that bad. 

An outstanding observation. Nobody is going to put themselves at risk for this guy. Players will do the bare minimum to earn their money. he's not a general you want to go to war with. he's not somebody you want to come here and play for neither. How many of his player's in Miami, sung his praises when he was fired there???

1 hour ago, varjet said:

We saw Gase coach against Bowles 6 times while he was at Miami.  He generally out-coached Bowles and his band of clowns.  

This is a terrible team right now.  The players are terrible and the coaching is terrible.  That is the only way you get football this terrible.

I am actually wondering if there is some type of NFL conspiracy not to play for Gase.   I think the players may really not like him.   I am trying to find a rational explanation for this, and I can’t.   Even these bad players are not that bad. 

blink 182 wtf GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

We can overthink this all we want.  Dude is 0-7 in his last 7 with 4 total offensive TDs.  

This is exactly what it looks like when you are in over your head and are done.  He's done.

He'll take a year off and then come back as an OC.

He's done.  I'm convinced he's done.

We can only hope and pray

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

There is no way the Johnson brainiacs are eating that many years of guarantee money. We are stuck with Gase for another year at minimum.

I’d like to see them eat a bag of dicks..

If the fan base riots, he’s gone they are nothing but cowards at heart.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’d like to see them eat a bag of dicks..

If the fan base riots, he’s gone they are nothing but cowards at heart.

My  guess is this is nothing but a pet project investment for J&J. Owning an NFL franchise is a license to print money. There isn't a single one of them losing money. They'll give Gase another year unless Joe Douglas either threatens to walk or grows a pair.

How ironic would be for the GM brought under Gase's interim GM time is the one that cans Gase?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

My  guess is this is nothing but a pet project investment for J&J. Owning an NFL franchise is a license to print money. There isn't a single one of them losing money. They'll give Gase another year unless Joe Douglas either threatens to walk or grows a pair.

How ironic would be for the GM brought under Gase's interim GM time is the one that cans Gase?

Six year contract V Four year. Douglas is now running this sh*t show. Gase is just steering the RMS Titanic.

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Darnold comes back, Kalil and Winters whiff on a combo block, Darnolds ACL explodes. 

20190905_115113.thumb.jpg.2048d4aea54de8c4319a8a2bde6d2530.jpg

Not like we needed a reason to beat the Dollfans to the 1st overall pick. But Darnold isn’t changing our season around either. He might get us 4-5 wins and fvck with our draft pick. But we aren’t a .500 team with Darnold. We are definitely a .0000000 team without him though and I hope he doesn’t come back. The fvck we gonna do with a 5 win season? Fvcking Mac did that every year. Hope we lose all 16. In fact, I don’t need to hope for that. I’m just hoping Sam tweaks a hammy for another 2 months and we just IR him. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, genot said:

An outstanding observation. Nobody is going to put themselves at risk for this guy. Players will do the bare minimum to earn their money. he's not a general you want to go to war with. he's not somebody you want to come here and play for neither. How many of his player's in Miami, sung his praises when he was fired there???

Not sure if what is more ridiculous, that he posted that honestly or that you agreed with him as if he made a good point.

1 hour ago, CurtMart said:

Not like we needed a reason to beat the Dollfans to the 1st overall pick. But Darnold isn’t changing our season around either. He might get us 4-5 wins and fvck with our draft pick. But we aren’t a .500 team with Darnold. We are definitely a .0000000 team without him though and I hope he doesn’t come back. The fvck we gonna do with a 5 win season? Fvcking Mac did that every year. Hope we lose all 16. In fact, I don’t need to hope for that. I’m just hoping Sam tweaks a hammy for another 2 months and we just IR him. 

#MeaninglessWins in Week 5!

Seriously though, shutting Darnold down would be an epic disaster. We have got to figure out toot sweet whether or not he is the answer. That's not happening with him on the bench.

4 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Unfortunately you are right 

Woody and Chrissy could care less if this team wins or loses.  At least Jim Dolan wants to win he may not know how but he wants it

2 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Sam is a very talented player unfortunately I think he and CJ save Gase’s job and get him another year

let's see. back in 1999 when the jets had the second greatest coach in their history they started out the same way because they lost their qb on game one.  it took some time before the great parcells was able to settle the team down and get a qb who could win games.  and let's not forget that the 1999 team was ready for prime time.  this one isn't.  it doesn't have many outstanding players and then a mixture of old and young.  and they have guys like leo who don't seem very interested anymore.

the bottom line is you really can't judge much about this team at the moment.  next year and the year after will have a lot more to say about gase.  but if gase does get this team to 8-8 then he will be seen in a much different light.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

let's see. back in 1999 when the jets had the second greatest coach in their history they started out the same way because they lost their qb on game one.  it took some time before the great parcells was able to settle the team down and get a qb who could win games.  and let's not forget that the 1999 team was ready for prime time.  this one isn't.  it doesn't have many outstanding players and then a mixture of old and young.  and they have guys like leo who don't seem very interested anymore.

the bottom line is you really can't judge much about this team at the moment.  next year and the year after will have a lot more to say about gase.  but if gase does get this team to 8-8 then he will be seen in a much different light.

Excellent post

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

If you don't want to judge Gase on his Jet tenure, that's fair.

Explain why he was a dumpster fire in Miami then, please. This guy is a complete turd that is going to lead this team nowhere.

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Winners adapt. Losers look for excuses. Excuses are around every corner. They are readily available.

This is so true.  Even with a swiss cheese roster, the HC has to produce better results than this.  The team isn't even competitive.  This offensive "guru" of a coach had two weeks to prepare for this game and this is the best he came up with? 

12 hours ago, C Mart said:

You mean it’s not working with, at best, a 3rd string QB?  and with this OL?  We all knew this OL was going to be shaky w/Sam.  and without a threat at TE in Herndon  

Did people really expect it to?  Seriously?!?!  

we will get sam back and herndon back and we will still be awful it is the gase way-

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

So another 3 year rebuild. 

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Not sure if what is more ridiculous, that he posted that honestly or that you agreed with him as if he made a good point.

Whats ridiculous about it. Nobody wants to play for that guy. Do you ever see him interact with anybody on the sidelines. He's in a world unto himself.

15 hours ago, genot said:

An outstanding observation. Nobody is going to put themselves at risk for this guy. Players will do the bare minimum to earn their money. 

This is a league wide issue outside of New England. Their draft process seems to funnel out the bare minimum guys.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is a league wide issue outside of New England. Their draft process seems to funnel out the bare minimum guys.

Thats a fair point. We're still dealing with human nature though. If you don't like or respect the man who's your HC, playing hard, playing through injury, and trying to make a difference, becomes a real problem. among other things. Like locker room backtalk, and finger pointing.

Outside of maybe a small handful of superstars the idea that NFL players are going to not play hard because they don't like the coach is absurd. 90% of these guys are essentially playing year to year for their jobs. Do you know what happens to NFL players who look like they aren't trying hard? They become ex-NFL players very quickly.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, genot said:

Thats a fair point. We're still dealing with human nature though. If you don't like or respect the man who's your HC, playing hard, playing through injury, and trying to make a difference, becomes a real problem. among other things. Like locker room backtalk, and finger pointing.

These are the types of traits that need to be identified in the draft process. Bowles was respected and dealt with the same stuff e.g. Trumaine Johnson. The coach cant be the babysitter.

Mangini's interview process pre-draft was intense and specifically screened for players who enjoyed playing hard and not coincidentally oversaw the strongest Jets classes since the Johnson's bought the team. This is a major factor in why the Patriots continue to dominate. We dont know a terrible amount about Joe Douglas but this is apparently a biggie for him in the draft process. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, genot said:

Whats ridiculous about it. Nobody wants to play for that guy. Do you ever see him interact with anybody on the sidelines. He's in a world unto himself.

Because you can’t gauge a players relationship with a coach or effort unless there is a blatant moment of clarity. It’s speculation behind speculation. And yeah CJ Anderson and David Godchaux on the Dolphins both came out and talked about much they loved Gase. Darnold gushes about Gase, Lev Bell seems to love being here.

Effort and not playing for a coach is a cliche. Performance and talent level is discernible.

If Darnold comes back, plays the last 10-12 games and the team shows only minor improvement and ends up with 4-5 wins, The Johnson's need to show some guts and not get lulled into the same 3-4 year pattern of accepting a sh*tty coach and sh*tty results.  Cut ties with Gase and reload with a HC coach that actually has had success in the NFL.  

54 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Because you can’t gauge a players relationship with a coach or effort unless there is a blatant moment of clarity. It’s speculation behind speculation. And yeah CJ Anderson and David Godchaux on the Dolphins both came out and talked about much they loved Gase. Darnold gushes about Gase, Lev Bell seems to love being here.

Effort and not playing for a coach is a cliche. Performance and talent level is discernible.

Whats a 2nd yr QB too say. Bell has only been here for a short time after sitting out a year. This is not a reflection on your post, but wow, look at all the players that came out publicly in support of Gase, from Miami. Your right, in part, i am speculating. We can't overlook the stories about dissension in the Dolphin locker room about Gase's decision making

So disappointing.  It really can't get much worse.  Gase must be wondering what he got himself into.   You should know what kind of coach he is after the next 3 weeks with the assumption Sam will be back for the Dallas game.  At that point, if things have not improved, I would assume you will see Chris Johnson going to Joe Douglas and asking him what is going on and who is responsible for this mess and if Adam Gase knows what he is doing.  Not a whole lot of dialog coming from Johnson or Douglas on the state of the Jets.  I am hoping Gase has what it takes to make this work.  I don't want to start over again with another coaching change.  Please let Gase be the genius they say he is.