Game Observations (PHI)

KRL

Great post. I know it's prob not a pop view but with the rash of injuries we've faced and the opposition our schedule awarded - it may be for the best that Sam was forced to rest these past few weeks. 

He gets to come back with fresh legs at the same time as Herndon, Mosley, Jenkins and Copeland (that's literally a different line backing group). That's five starters on like five or six weeks extra rest.

I'm hopeful that these guys will make a difference and we win a few games... But honestly...we could prob use a solid year of relatively higher draft picks too as we need to completely rebuild the Oline the way the Colts did over the past few seasons.

I am only worried now about how the line will perform over the next few months - I've never seen a line play THIS badly this consistently... And I fear we are putting awful wear and tear on Leveon and will put Sam in harm's way unless our supposed oline guru starts finding some answers...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I don't  blame falk holding the ball too long making for the OL looking bad, they are just bad. I can't  understand for the life of me why Kalil is still playing.  He looks horrible out there. Can he at least get in someone way making them go around him giving the QB an extra second to throw. Winters and Beachum just look like they should be taken out back and shot. 

The only positive I saw is it looks like DT can still get behind DB's. I didn't  see if he does it with positioning or speed but he should be a positive for Sam next week. 

• WTF? 1

Let’s be clear. Luke Falk is bad. The OL is made up of the worst starter at each position in the NFL. Winters and Kalil are our steadying forces while also be the worst players on our OL. The receivers are depleted. Our top 10 capable TE hasn’t played yet. But some people are acting like losing to a Super Bowl favorite team is the worst thing that’s ever happened. 

• Upvote 1

Lev Bell is legit

I knew it before this year ... but didn’t fully know it

He balls out & gets more than is there play in / play out ... in the middle of this $h*t-storm “offense” ... while all 11 guys on the other side of the field know that he is the only player they need to be concerned about

Lev Bell = BEAST!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Luke Falk

The New York Jets lost to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday by a score of 31 to 6. The loss drops the Jets to 0 and 4 on the season. Anyone who didn’t think this game was going to be a blowout was delusional. The day Sam Darnold was ruled out with mono this game was over.  

The offense knows they can’t compete with Luke Falk as a starter.  And it showed in their body language, you didn’t see frustration you saw resignation with the numerous turnovers and three and outs.  A bit of credit to the defense for hanging in there and playing with emotion as they were constantly on the field.  Considering that the three turnovers led directly to 21 points they held PHI to 10 points, not bad:

– Nice to see Quinnen Williams back and making some plays.  He blew a layup sack as he whiffed on Wentz but at least he was in PHI backfield a number of times.  He has to build on this game, because by the end of the year he has to be a consistent DLine play maker.

– Why?  Because Leonard Williams is the “jaggiest of JAGs”.  Another game where his name was never called other than being hit with penalties.  What a HUGE disappointment.

– Why was Trumaine Johnson let out of the doghouse?  I would rather see if Nate Hairston can develop into something by the end of the year.  No more old high priced free agent CBs. Only CB’s 27 years old or younger from now.

– Neville Hewitt continues to step up in CJ Mosley’s absence.  Another 10 tackles, TFL and a QB hit in his reps.

– Tarell Basham (5 tackles, 2 TFL) and Jordan Willis (2 QB hits) flashed some edge pressure.

– Brian Winters is bad, that is all.

– Chuma Edoga was spun around on way too many plays.

– Luke Falk is not an NFL QB at this point.  Holds the ball too long, below average arm strength and seems totally overwhelmed.  Other than that he’s terrific.

– LeVeon Bell is being wasted, his talents are still there and he show glimpses but he can’t overcome the dreck at OLine & QB.

If Sam Darnold isn’t cleared this week prepare for another dumpster fire against the Dallas Cowboys.

The post Jets Lose 31-6 to Eagles; KRL Notes appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
nHp1GQld_cI

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The OL is average imo, considering the injuries. The issues are magnified with alike being at QB. 

My observations on Luke

1. Holds the ball for an eternity. 

2. Stares down his 1st read

3. Doesn’t scan the field

4. Has absolutely no pocket awareness

5. Decent accuracy on short passes but weak arm strength 

6. Can’t consistently hit WRs. Dumpoffs is all he’s good for. 

7. There was a reason Jets let him go. If you’re a QB and Jets released you, you should reject any incoming calls from the NFL and make your way to CFL for a few years. Or forever. NFL isn’t for you. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Great post. I know it's prob not a pop view but with the rash of injuries we've faced and the opposition our schedule awarded - it may be for the best that Sam was forced to rest these past few weeks. 

He gets to come back with fresh legs at the same time as Herndon, Mosley, Jenkins and Copeland (that's literally a different line backing group). That's five starters on like five or six weeks extra rest.

I'm hopeful that these guys will make a difference and we win a few games... But honestly...we could prob use a solid year of relatively higher draft picks too as we need to completely rebuild the Oline the way the Colts did over the past few seasons.

I am only worried now about how the line will perform over the next few months - I've never seen a line play THIS badly this consistently... And I fear we are putting awful wear and tear on Leveon and will put Sam in harm's way unless our supposed oline guru starts finding some answers...

He'll need them as he runs for life avoiding sacks :-)

• Upvote 1

Sarcasm aside, did anything good show up on tape yesterday? Maybe someone with more technical viewpoint can shed some light on positives?

I know the OL gave up 10 sacks but part of that was the QB holding the ball. I thought at times they actually looked less confused than prior weeks. Can anyone comment on this?

10 hours ago, KRL said:

Anyone who didn't think this game was going to be a blowout was delusional.
The day Sam Darnold was ruled out with mono this game was over.  The offense
knows they can't compete with Luke Falk as a starter.  And it showed in their
body language, you didn't see frustration you saw resignation with the numerous
turnovers and three and outs.  A bit of credit to the defense for hanging in
there and playing with emotion as they were constantly on the field.  Considering
that the three turnovers led directly to 21 points they held PHI to 10 points,
not bad:

- Nice to see Quinnen Williams back and making some plays.  He blew a layup
sack as he whiffed on Wentz but at least he was in PHI backfield a number of
times.  He has to build on this game, because by the end of the year he has to
be a consistent DLine playmaker

- Why???  Because Leonard Williams is the "jaggiest of JAGs".  Another game where
his name was never called other than being hit with penalties.  What a HUGE
disappointment

- Why was Trumaine Johnson let out of the doghouse???  I would rather see if Nate
Hairston can develop into something by the end of the year.  No more old high 
priced free agent CBs!!!  Only CB's 27 years old or younger from now

- Neville Hewitt continues to step up in CJ Mosley's absence.  Another 10 tackles,
TFL and a QB hit in his reps

- Tarell Basham (5 tackles, 2 TFL) and Jordan Willis (2 QB hits) flashed some edge
pressure

- Brian Winters is bad, that is all

- Chuma Edoga was spun around on way too many plays

- Luke Falk is not an NFL QB at this point.  Holds the ball too long, below average
arm strength and seems totally overwhelmed.  Other than that he's terrific

- LeVeon Bell is being wasted, his talents are still there and he show glimpses but
he can't overcome the dreck at OLine & QB

If Sam Darnold isn't cleared this week prepare for another dumpster fire against DAL

Great Post but you spent way more time on this than I would have.  

My post would have been more like: 

Game Observations (PHI)

Jets are HORRIBLE.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, KRL said:

Anyone who didn't think this game was going to be a blowout was delusional.
The day Sam Darnold was ruled out with mono this game was over.  The offense
knows they can't compete with Luke Falk as a starter.  And it showed in their
body language, you didn't see frustration you saw resignation with the numerous
turnovers and three and outs.  A bit of credit to the defense for hanging in
there and playing with emotion as they were constantly on the field.  Considering
that the three turnovers led directly to 21 points they held PHI to 10 points,
not bad:

- Nice to see Quinnen Williams back and making some plays.  He blew a layup
sack as he whiffed on Wentz but at least he was in PHI backfield a number of
times.  He has to build on this game, because by the end of the year he has to
be a consistent DLine playmaker

- Why???  Because Leonard Williams is the "jaggiest of JAGs".  Another game where
his name was never called other than being hit with penalties.  What a HUGE
disappointment

- Why was Trumaine Johnson let out of the doghouse???  I would rather see if Nate
Hairston can develop into something by the end of the year.  No more old high 
priced free agent CBs!!!  Only CB's 27 years old or younger from now

- Neville Hewitt continues to step up in CJ Mosley's absence.  Another 10 tackles,
TFL and a QB hit in his reps

- Tarell Basham (5 tackles, 2 TFL) and Jordan Willis (2 QB hits) flashed some edge
pressure

- Brian Winters is bad, that is all

- Chuma Edoga was spun around on way too many plays

- Luke Falk is not an NFL QB at this point.  Holds the ball too long, below average
arm strength and seems totally overwhelmed.  Other than that he's terrific

- LeVeon Bell is being wasted, his talents are still there and he show glimpses but
he can't overcome the dreck at OLine & QB

If Sam Darnold isn't cleared this week prepare for another dumpster fire against DAL

imo the biggest issue was waiting until friday to scratch darnold.  falk got limited reps in practice.  the oline looked bad but maybe a little better than against the patsies and the browns.  edoga was too much of a turnstile.  at least the defense looks like it's good enough to keep them in games.

• Thumb Down 1

Everything on offense is connected.  If a QB doesn't know where to go with the
ball, holds it too long and is immobile the OLine will give up sacks.  A number
of sacks from yesterday were on Falk's lack of skills.  Also, if Falk got extra
reps in practice NOTHING was going to change.  He's a practice squad QB trying
to run an offense and he can't.  Watching the KC/IND game last night illustrated
a few of those points.  Because Mahomes got his legs banged up he was immobile,
held the ball too long and got sacked a ton.  He looked nothing like his MVP self    

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

imo the biggest issue was waiting until friday to scratch darnold.  falk got limited reps in practice.  the oline looked bad but maybe a little better than against the patsies and the browns.  edoga was too much of a turnstile.  at least the defense looks like it's good enough to keep them in games.

100% disagree. Falk blows...a couple extra practices or games or years won’t change that. Now if in those extra years humankind figures out how to change Falks entire body structure, athletic ability, and brain processing speed...well then maybe a couple extra practices would help. 

Side note Mike Leach must be a hell of a coach.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CurtMart said:

The OL is average imo, considering the injuries. The issues are magnified with alike being at QB. 

My observations on Luke

1. Holds the ball for an eternity. 

2. Stares down his 1st read

3. Doesn’t scan the field

4. Has absolutely no pocket awareness

5. Decent accuracy on short passes but weak arm strength 

6. Can’t consistently hit WRs. Dumpoffs is all he’s good for. 

7. There was a reason Jets let him go. If you’re a QB and Jets released you, you should reject any incoming calls from the NFL and make your way to CFL for a few years. Or forever. NFL isn’t for you. 

This is the truth right here... Overall the line sucks... but there were no free runners this game and most of the sacks were on the QB and not the line. Should the line play better... Yes they need to, Edoga is getting beat on too many spin moves and Beachum doesn't know how to hand off blocks properly... but overall the line looked competent if they just had a QB that could throw more then 7 yards... playing against a stacked box because nobody respects his arm leads to tons of sacks... easy pickings ... 

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Sarcasm aside, did anything good show up on tape yesterday? Maybe someone with more technical viewpoint can shed some light on positives?

I know the OL gave up 10 sacks but part of that was the QB holding the ball. I thought at times they actually looked less confused than prior weeks. Can anyone comment on this?

Bell is a beast and the Defense is playing tremendous given the circumstances they are dealing with. (Horrible Off, they lost the play caller of the defense and their best player, don't have any of their starting LBs, Trumaine Johnson Sucks, Leo is a bust, etc., etc.) and they still are only giving up 17 points a game. 

These are the positives.

Hopefully they can put the Falk era behind them starting tomorrow.