The Sooner You Understand This - The Easier Watching The Jets Will Be

Yep me too. If we do well, it’s an unexpected miracle. Rooting for the Jets is now all upside for me. Always just assume embarrassing incompetence and embrace the humor when those assumptions are routinely met.

Of course, some will say those like us aren’t “real fans.” To these people I say make sure you go to your regular cardiologist checkups. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Great. Another member of the SOJF Defeatist Victim Brigade crawls out from under the shed and is heard from. 

It’s Christmas morning for all the loser wallflowers at the seventh grade dance. You won’t get rejected by a girl because you never ask.

SAR I

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 14
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

You just realized the jets suck? I gave up hope when Idzik became GM with Geno to Clyde Gates were the stars of the team. I gave up hope a long time ago. 

I have a better chance winning the lotto than seeing the jets win a SB in the next 10 years. 

Actually looking back at some memories of geno and Sanchez... at least Faulk hasn’t thrown 5 or 6 ints in a game. good for him.

Imagine geno or Sanchez behind this Oline. This is the worst Oline I’ve seen. BELL can’t average more than 3.0 ypc. The guy looks amazing. I’ve never seen a rb make so many guys wiff and he does it so casually. What a waste of talent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Great. Another member of the SOJF Defeatist Victim Brigade crawls out from under the shed and is heard from. 

It’s Christmas morning for all the loser wallflowers at the seventh grade dance. You won’t get rejected by a girl because you never ask.

SAR I

So what if we want to piss in our corn flakes you don’t gotta eat em. There’s thousands of active fans here, you aren’t gonna agree with them all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Provide your PSL number if you wish to pass through the velvet rope to have an audience with SAR.

:D

There's no reason any of us should come back every year, but we do. Without fail, we come back and ultimately get kicked in the groin for our troubles. But there gets a point where psychologically you have to make the switch from Hope to being pleasantly surprised. I'm 45 with two kids - I can't emotionally invest in meltdowns for multiple reasons, being a role model the top of the list. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

:D

There's no reason any of us should come back every year, but we do. Without fail, we come back and ultimately get kicked in the groin for our troubles. But there gets a point where psychologically you have to make the switch from Hope to being pleasantly surprised. I'm 45 with two kids - I can't emotionally invest in meltdowns for multiple reasons, being a role model the top of the list. 

Agree. Expecting a bad outcome actually enhances the enjoyment when the Jets perform well.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Agree. Expecting a bad outcome actually enhances the enjoyment when the Jets perform well.

I'm still excited about Sam and Bell. I want to see Williams murder the members of the offense. There's talent and potential on this roster - but unfortunately there's also some gaping holes - the largest of which is the OL.

• Upvote 3

Im a Jets fan in Australia,been following them since the mid 80s. Ive given up crying and getting mad it just kills me inside. Now i just look at the fixture and see when we play the Dolphins or the Bills and cross everything and hope like hell we maybe can get just 1 win. Stiil i cant leave them..its like being in a sh*t marriage and each day you think maybe today is the day things will change. You know deep down it never will but hope is all i have left.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You don't get da dimon rolexes with da poopy faces

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I've been a fan of the Jets for a solid 40 years.

List in order, the great things I've experienced as a fan in that time.

GOB

You’ve been able to get attention from strangers for whining and playing the Jets victim, something you apparently crave seeing what you’re doing right now. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8

9 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Go back into my posts not so many years ago and you'll find posts/threads from my old self that detail a mad man losing his mind following the Jets. I used to rant and rave like none other. I used to throw things during games and scream at the TV. A simple search will reveal some classic posts in which I go into great detail about how hopeless this entire franchise and its future truly is...and unfortunately I've been right up until this day. 

Now that I'm back after a long hiatus, in which I've missed many of you here, I'm a changed man. Call it defeated. Call it whatever you want. But one of my favorite quotes from Band of Brothers sums up being a Jets fan.

To paraphrase: The only hope as a Jets fan you have is to accept the fact that before the season starts they're already mathematically dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a fan of the NY Jets is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. Every year of Jets football depends upon it.

maxresdefault.jpg

LT Ronald Spiers: The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you’re already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

Bravo Sir, bravo. I used to be the same way. Went to every home game during the Shea/ Meadowlands years. On away games I wouldn't sit down the whole game. I had to watch the games in a separate room on those days so as not to scare my kids. I finally arrived at the same conclusion and now I find myself actually enjoying the games. The Jets win, I'm happy. They lose it hurts but life goes on. The whole thing is liberating actually. Some on these board's would benefit no doubt.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

trollfull0821.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Go back into my posts not so many years ago and you'll find posts/threads from my old self that detail a mad man losing his mind following the Jets. I used to rant and rave like none other. I used to throw things during games and scream at the TV. A simple search will reveal some classic posts in which I go into great detail about how hopeless this entire franchise and its future truly is...and unfortunately I've been right up until this day. 

Now that I'm back after a long hiatus, in which I've missed many of you here, I'm a changed man. Call it defeated. Call it whatever you want. But one of my favorite quotes from Band of Brothers sums up being a Jets fan.

To paraphrase: The only hope as a Jets fan you have is to accept the fact that before the season starts they're already mathematically dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a fan of the NY Jets is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. Every year of Jets football depends upon it.

maxresdefault.jpg

LT Ronald Spiers: The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you’re already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

You just need to have realistic expectations. After the last six years of total incompetence by the GM/HC I don't expect a playoff caliber team to magically appear in the first year they're gone. 

I do have a good feeling that we've finally found a FQB and that Douglas and Gase will build a contender in the the next two to four years,

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

See, I have looked at it as we are for our existence really in the top 3rd of the league overall in being in 5 Conference Championship games and won 1 SB (Same as the Giants with Conference Championships in SB era, but they won them all and won 4 SBs). We just always have the Giants making us look bad and if er weren't in the same town as them would look a lot better. Many/most teams still have not accomplished as much as we did, but are the only teams in their area and are treated differently by Media and such. We just have to get through this or weather this storm and let Douglas rebuild this team around Darnold regardless of who we end up with as HC whether Gase gets better or we get someone else.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The franchise doesnt have competent ownership. It's a simple problem without a solution. Once you come to grips with that the caring subsides. 

This. It lowers my expectations for the team. Even with the Mac firing and JD signing, I'm in "wait and see" mode with JD to see if he turns out to be a good GM. I figured the Jets at 1-5 to open this season even with Darnold (winning week 1 vs. Bills), and 6-10 or so for the year. So, they'll be just one game behind my expectations in two weeks (at 0-6). 

For me I just remind myself that NFL football is just television programming content for selling beer and trucks   It’s not important or meaningful  

out role isn’t to fix the team or plan the moves going forward, it’s just consume the content or not. 

I have been giving the Jets 2 drives to prove to me that I should watch and the last 2 games that’s all I consumed 

• Upvote 1

Here's an easier solution; I think the league is fixed so I never watch NFL football any more hence I don't get frustrated.

Its the only way to explain how a below average, mumbling idiot coach goes from CLE where he can barely get to .500 and goes on to majestically win 27 superbowls with pretty boy wonder icon for TV and his model wife; the perfect foils for the rest of the league to hate as they magically get every break in the rule book, get away with videotaping other teams' practices, etc.

No other sport has seen anything close to the BS the pats have done for 2 decades, and the league, mistakenly thinking it would rile up people like me to root harder for my team to complete, actually ended up losing me as a fan forever as its fake outcomes are so pathetically transparent.

I've seen under 30 minutes of NFL football since 1999, and have no plans to return to it any time again, ever.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

For me I just remind myself that NFL football is just television programming content for selling beer and trucks   It’s not important or meaningful  

out role isn’t to fix the team or plan the moves going forward, it’s just consume the content or not. 

I have been giving the Jets 2 drives to prove to me that I should watch and the last 2 games that’s all I consumed 

POTW Nomination