The Sooner You Understand This - The Easier Watching The Jets Will Be

29 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

This. It lowers my expectations for the team. Even with the Mac firing and JD signing, I'm in "wait and see" mode with JD to see if he turns out to be a good GM. I figured the Jets at 1-5 to open this season even with Darnold (winning week 1 vs. Bills), and 6-10 or so for the year. So, they'll be just one game behind my expectations in two weeks (at 0-6). 

When Woody went overseas he had an easy and obvious opportunity to hand over the football operation to someone other than his brother (ala George/Stick Michael suspension) and he didnt do it. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

Here's an easier solution; I think the league is fixed so I never watch NFL football any more hence I don't get frustrated.

Its the only way to explain how a below average, mumbling idiot coach goes from CLE where he can barely get to .500 and goes on to majestically win 27 superbowls with pretty boy wonder icon for TV and his model wife; the perfect foils for the rest of the league to hate as they magically get every break in the rule book, get away with videotaping other teams' practices, etc.

No other sport has seen anything close to the BS the pats have done for 2 decades, and the league, mistakenly thinking it would rile up people like me to root harder for my team to complete, actually ended up losing me as a fan forever as its fake outcomes are so pathetically transparent.

I've seen under 30 minutes of NFL football since 1999, and have no plans to return to it any time again, ever.

And yet, here we still are Jetsfan_always. I haven't been able to even turn the game on since the end of the Cleveland debacle but I'm still posting on Twitter and here just as if it's still 2010

You guys re too much. I would bet 1 years salary that none of you would speak to each other in person as you do hiding behind your computers.

Its not the fans fault that we watch the worst team in NFL history you know? We should be commiserating with each other not bickering like 3 year olds.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

You guys re too much. I would bet 1 years salary that none of you would speak to each other in person as you do hiding behind your computers.
Its not the fans fault that we watch the worst team in NFL history you know? We should be commiserating with each other not bickering like 3 year olds.

I’d speak to any of you ... as long as you brought the beer

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

You’ve been able to get attention from strangers for whining and playing the Jets victim, something you apparently crave seeing what you’re doing right now. 

SAR I

Still waiting for an answer to my question, dude. You're the resident Hot Air Blower on here, you'd think you'd be able to answer a direct question with a direct answer.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Bravo Sir, bravo. I used to be the same way. Went to every home game during the Shea/ Meadowlands years. On away games I wouldn't sit down the whole game. I had to watch the games in a separate room on those days so as not to scare my kids. I finally arrived at the same conclusion and now I find myself actually enjoying the games. The Jets win, I'm happy. They lose it hurts but life goes on. The whole thing is liberating actually. Some on these board's would benefit no doubt.

Absolutely. If we wanted to quit and follow another team, we would have done so long ago. I grew up in the UP, I could be a Packers fan without anyone really noticing, but guys like you and me stick with it.....even if our expectations may no longer be optimistic. I want to sit down and watch a game with my kids. It's a lot easier for me to laugh stuff off than it is to lose my mind like I used to. 

Glad to hear i'm not the only one. Sounds like you and I were the same. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 1:30 AM, SAR I said:

Great. Another member of the SOJF Defeatist Victim Brigade crawls out from under the shed and is heard from. 

It’s Christmas morning for all the loser wallflowers at the seventh grade dance. You won’t get rejected by a girl because you never ask.

SAR I

3-13

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2019 at 8:19 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Go back into my posts not so many years ago and you'll find posts/threads from my old self that detail a mad man losing his mind following the Jets. I used to rant and rave like none other. I used to throw things during games and scream at the TV. A simple search will reveal some classic posts in which I go into great detail about how hopeless this entire franchise and its future truly is...and unfortunately I've been right up until this day. 

Now that I'm back after a long hiatus, in which I've missed many of you here, I'm a changed man. Call it defeated. Call it whatever you want. But one of my favorite quotes from Band of Brothers sums up being a Jets fan.

To paraphrase: The only hope as a Jets fan you have is to accept the fact that before the season starts they're already mathematically dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a fan of the NY Jets is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. Every year of Jets football depends upon it.

LT Ronald Spiers: The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you’re already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

This is great advice and the proper mindset when going out to war. But I'm just a poor shmuck who wants a little run, wants something to look forward to.  I don't want to be "dead" before I start.

4 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Absolutely. If we wanted to quit and follow another team, we would have done so long ago. I grew up in the UP, I could be a Packers fan without anyone really noticing, but guys like you and me stick with it.....even if our expectations may no longer be optimistic. I want to sit down and watch a game with my kids. It's a lot easier for me to laugh stuff off than it is to lose my mind like I used to. 

Glad to hear i'm not the only one. Sounds like you and I were the same. 

Yes sir. I used to go off on anyone who bad mouthed the Jets. I even used to travel from Michigan to go 4 home games a year. Wasted a lot of time and missed out on a lot of family stuff to do it too. I finally came to the same conclusion as you did and my life is a lot better for it. Probably saved my Marriage.....lol. Well not all good came from it. Anyway take a lesson younger guys. There are more important things in life than if this sorry-ass team we love and root for win or lose on Sundays.

• Upvote 1

Always the optimist I'm taking the path that tells me this sh*tshow has been a blessing in disguise for the NY Jets. For the most part the Jets have been a mediocre franchise with an occasional uprising (early 80s, Parcells, Herms small runs to the playoffs, Rex 2 AFCGs). 

Sure we had some horrible years (70s, Kotite), but for the most part the Jets have kind of been nondescript to NFL fans outside NY because we haven't had a young QB since Namath, while many small places like Indy & GreenBay were getting to watch Payton & Luck, Favre & Rogers. 

Guys? THIS IS A ROCK BOTTOM START! We've scored 2 offensive TDs in 4 games. The team as a whole isn't the worst we've ever witnessed BUT the Oline indifference by Idzik & Macc has finally been exposed & is biting us in the AZZ! No one knows this better than Joe Douglas. He was an Olineman, believes in having a strong Oline & he just happens to be our new GM. 

He's working off of the scrap heap right now. Do you think for 1 moment that JD doesn't see what Jet fans have been watching for 8 years? Macc was a f*cking moron, any Jet fan that posts on the draft forum here would have had more success that he had here. While us as Jet fans are sulking in our cheerios JD sees Sam, Bell, Crowder, Herndon and knows DAMN WELL he's gotta find 5 guys that can help these guys succeed. 

Mosely, Bell & Crowder were 3 free agent successes. Trumaine Johnson was a free agent failure. Guys like Trent Williams are out there? Andrew Thomas is a stud, we will have free agent money for JD to go to work. Our season is over but as soon as Sam Darnold is healthy we'll get a glimpse of what can be as long as we can keep from from getting killed by this scrap heap of an Oline. 

I kind of like some of these defensive guys. Hewitt, Basham, Cashman, Phillips, Hairston, Poole, that are shining a bit. Remember, we lead the NFL in Three & Outs, very difficult to judge your defense under those circumstances. They aren't great but there is potential if we find a CB & pass rusher. 

In Joe Douglas I trust. I like the cut of this dudes jib. I doubt he's a defeatist. Hell, after watching this Oline he probably is excited to get to work on fixing it when this season ends. He's under no illusion that he's got a lot of work ahead. Macc was fired for a reason.

Great. Another member of the SOJF Defeatist Victim Brigade crawls out from under the shed and is heard from. 

It’s Christmas morning for all the loser wallflowers at the seventh grade dance. You won’t get rejected by a girl because you never ask.

SAR I

Your Jets fandom really proves your masculinity that’s hot 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Larz said:

For me I just remind myself that NFL football is just television programming content for selling beer and trucks   It’s not important or meaningful  

out role isn’t to fix the team or plan the moves going forward, it’s just consume the content or not. 

I have been giving the Jets 2 drives to prove to me that I should watch and the last 2 games that’s all I consumed 

Same!  Once they are down by 2 touchdowns, I shut it off and do something worthwhile.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Your Jets fandom really proves your masculinity that’s hot 

The point is, if you're not all-in and you don't believe you have the stomach to take a chance and believe in your team then don't bother.  The wallflower at the high school dance will always be a frustrated loser because he is afraid.  And that's what this post reeks of.  Fear of getting hurt by a form of entertainment.  Coming into a Jets forum and announcing you can't root for the Jets because they've hurt you too many times is like going into a movie forum and telling everyone you can't watch the Wizard Of Oz because you're afraid of flying monkeys.

It's pathetic.

SAR I

6 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Still waiting for an answer to my question, dude. You're the resident Hot Air Blower on here, you'd think you'd be able to answer a direct question with a direct answer.

You will not refer to me as 'dude'.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The point is, if you're not all-in and you don't believe you have the stomach to take a chance and believe in your team then don't bother.  The wallflower at the high school dance will always be a frustrated loser because he is afraid.  And that's what this post reeks of.  Fear of getting hurt by a form of entertainment.  Coming into a Jets forum and announcing you can't root for the Jets because they've hurt you too many times is like going into a movie forum and telling everyone you can't watch the Wizard Of Oz because you're afraid of flying monkeys.

It's pathetic.

SAR I

Your analogy might make half sense if the “fan” actually had anything to do with contributing to the team winning or losing.  But...

• Upvote 3

I think it’s a combination of the Jets sucking, the awful rules changes and officiating, and the TMZ style culture with the players and the league. To me the NFL feels a lot like MTV did back in the days when they started playing tv and reality shows. It feels like the NFL is trying to shove fashion and glitz down everyone’s throats because the product is going to sh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's pathetic.

SAR I

We're 14 and 38 since 2016. You deserve better. I deserve better. We deserve better. Honestly, and be honest with yourself, and try not to call me any names. Do you ever get the feeling that we're less prepared than our opponents just about every game since Parcells ? We have no identity on either side of the ball and haven't had one for the longest time. We had a big time defense with Rex for a bit, but even then we had games where we had to bury the ball. Out-coached on every single game we've played in recent memory. Just once I'd like to have the confidence to say, "We've got this one !", and sit there and enjoy it, but usually someone like Matt Barkley will pull the rug from under my feet and I'm frustrated again. I'm saying this as a plea to you to understand that to some of us a little joy every so often isn't too much to ask of any franchise. It's very easy to say the sky is falling when you get hit by a little piece of it almost every week of the season. 

P.S. ...............and I am and always will be "all in". After 50 years and counting , there's nowhere else I'd rather be. Just,please give me some signs of life.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

Your analogy might make half sense if the “fan” actually had anything to do with contributing to the team winning or losing.  But...

Wait....wait....wait....

So those who say that season ticket holders loud cheering makes a difference are wrong?  And all this wishing on a star for Firefraud Ed to return to the sidelines means nothing?

Because I think that the negativity of 500,000 Jets fans every single day of the week on social media is far more damaging to the team than a few decibles less loudness by 77,000 fans on Sunday.

The same people complaining about fan noise being too quiet on their basement TV's are the same people bringing the team down now on forums and Twitter.  They are unbelievable hypocrites.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Wait....wait....wait....

So those who say that season ticket holders loud cheering makes a difference are wrong?  And all this wishing on a star for Firefraud Ed to return to the sidelines means nothing?

Because I think that the negativity of 500,000 Jets fans every single day of the week on social media is far more damaging to the team than a few decibles less loudness by 77,000 fans on Sunday.

The same people complaining about fan noise being too quiet on their basement TV's are the same people bringing the team down now on forums and Twitter.  They are unbelievable hypocrites.

SAR I

The team/franchise/ownership sucks. Stop blaming everything but the problem. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The team/franchise/ownership sucks. Stop blaming everything but the problem. 

We have turned a corner and have completed our rebuild years ahead of schedule.  Yes, we have had an unfortunate bump in the road the past four weeks with a ridiculous amount of illnesses and injuries. That does not undo all of the good things that Christopher Johnson has done in the past six months.

Next off-season we will draft better and get the right free agents in here under Joe Douglas’ expert guidance. Look for us to make a push next season to become amongst the AFC elite.

SAR I

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We have turned a corner and have completed our rebuild years ahead of schedule.  Yes, we have had an unfortunate bump in the road the past four weeks with a ridiculous amount of illnesses and injuries. That does not undo all of the good things that Christopher Johnson has done in the past six months.

Next off-season we will draft better and get the right free agents in here under Joe Douglas’ expert guidance. Look for us to make a push next season to become amongst the AFC elite.

SAR I

@SAR I with all due respect buddy we need an OL,CB,Edge Rusher and a #1 WR we have not completed any rebuild years ahead of schedule. 

• Sympathy 2

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

How have we completed our rebuild? We’re regarded as one of the worst teams in the NFL. Every team has injuries and just because we’ve had a few doesn’t mean the wheels should completely fall off. There are so many holes on this team I doubt it can all be fixed in one offseason and also what has Christopher Johnson done other hire a pretty good gm? 

I thought we were among the elite of the AFC this year? If we were so good we’d rattle off 10 wins and make the playoffs with Darnold back but we’re not even close to good therefore we’d be lucky get 4 wins this season. 

I love your optimism man but be reasonable. This team is not good. We can get there, but not right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/7/2019 at 2:03 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I'm still excited about Sam and Bell. I want to see Williams murder the members of the offense. There's talent and potential on this roster - but unfortunately there's also some gaping holes - the largest of which is the OL.

Saw a photo a while back of Kahlil Mack; cut like a total F___ing monster, like he lives in the gym. Right next to it a photo of Leo poolside-flabby, uncut, fat dumb and happy. Very scared Q-Coffee Boy's safe pick-is like his namesake, a product of a great Tide machine.Josh Allen, built like mack, is tearing it up.  The way this team has drafted under the last 2 GMs has been an unmitigated disaster. Many people on this board could have showed up drunk with a few draft magazines and a functional internet connection and done a better job. Darnold is hopefully the one exception, but the OL mess may yet make negate his impact . 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Seriously?  We've completed the rebuild?  lol  I'm hoping for Joe D's success but realize it is hope and he's proven nothing yet.  To suggest otherwise is a bit misleading.  Further, "all the good things" the ownership "has done in the past six months" includes allowing a known idiot to spend FA dollars as well run a draft where our top 10 pick may turn out decent but the rest is a lottery ticket.  I get it.  You're a homer but at some level we need to acknowledge our fandom has taught us many lessons and the one that sounds loudest to me is, blind faith in our leaders may lead us to misery.  I'm glad to see many fans of my favorite team find ways to rise above the bullsh*t. 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:59 AM, Jetsfan_always said:

Here's an easier solution; I think the league is fixed so I never watch NFL football any more hence I don't get frustrated.

Its the only way to explain how a below average, mumbling idiot coach goes from CLE where he can barely get to .500 and goes on to majestically win 27 superbowls with pretty boy wonder icon for TV and his model wife; the perfect foils for the rest of the league to hate as they magically get every break in the rule book, get away with videotaping other teams' practices, etc.

No other sport has seen anything close to the BS the pats have done for 2 decades, and the league, mistakenly thinking it would rile up people like me to root harder for my team to complete, actually ended up losing me as a fan forever as its fake outcomes are so pathetically transparent.

I've seen under 30 minutes of NFL football since 1999, and have no plans to return to it any time again, ever.

Gotta ask why you come to talk football if you haven’t watched since 1999. Genuinely curious. 

SAR I

Isn’t it time for you to eat your prunes.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

3crnzq.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 11:07 PM, shevys said:

Gotta ask why you come to talk football if you haven’t watched since 1999. Genuinely curious. 

Because I accidentally opened the bookmark to this site as I was cleaning/organizing my thousand-odd bookmarks in my browser.

I had forgotten about this site completely.

One funny thing I noticed about watching a few minutes of the game for the first time in 2 decades or so was the amount of commercials, esp as a hockey fan. Go look up an NFL game from the 1990s and compare the amount of ads then to now, its astounding anyone can sit through more than 5 minutes of a game - if you can call it that since its more like 11 minutes of a sport vs over 3 hours of commercials.

Then look at a hockey game where you get 60 minutes of actual play with FAR less advertisements.

Besides the belief that I have the the league is as completely fixed/as fake as WWF or whatever it calls itself these days, the product is not very entertaining.  When it was a real sport, there is no way a team would have ever allowed tom brady to stand in the pocket for like 10 seconds and scan the field, they would have broken his legs.  You're all watching jai alai or horseracing; its completely rigged.  All that's missing is Lou Albano and Freddie Blassie on the sidelines.

I'll always be an optimist at the start of the season - but I must say I am very quick to give up on them though.

I honestly thought they were going to win last night - and make a playoff run!  Thought it was going to be Sam's coming out party.

Instead the Jets and Sam got embarrassed on national television.  So F-in Sad.