Jump to content
The Gun Of Bavaria

The Sooner You Understand This - The Easier Watching The Jets Will Be

Recommended Posts

On 10/6/2019 at 10:19 PM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Go back into my posts ...

 

Better yet, don't watch...or watch REdZone and just watch the lowlights..

defo not worth watching this team....  turned TV on, it's alreqdy 10-0, watched Sam lamely fumble, turned TV off..

end of

Sam played QB as bad as you can...   all the INTS were horrendous, I GIVE UP, pussy throws...  DISGUSTING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 1:08 PM, Matt39 said:

When Woody went overseas he had an easy and obvious opportunity to hand over the football operation to someone other than his brother (ala George/Stick Michael suspension) and he didnt do it. 

Agree. It's blatantly obvious that Woody owns the team as both some sort of status symbol and financial investment. Even the worst teams in the NFL make money. A lot of money. An NFL Franchise is one of the few safe returns on investment, because it doesn't matter how your season's going, how your draft goes, who's on your team and what your record is over time. People will still buy PSLs, People will still buy Season Tickets. People will still come to games, buy concessions, pay for parking, buy merchandise, advertise on TV, radio and billboards. There literally isn't any negative to being a poorly run organization at all levels, from ownership to coaching to players. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 1:08 PM, Matt39 said:

When Woody went overseas he had an easy and obvious opportunity to hand over the football operation to someone other than his brother (ala George/Stick Michael suspension) and he didnt do it. 

He didn't do it because he doesn't care. The Jets are a cute investment that always makes a return no matter how poorly it's ran. He doesn't need to improve the football operation because even with nearly 50 years of ineptitude, people keep going to game, buying season tickets and paying for PSLs. I don't fault them for it. They're fans and they're sticking behind their team. They love their team....and unfortunately the only reward they get for their dedication and most of all, financial investment in the team is more misery. It's not fair for us fans and it's especially not fair for the fans who pay for season tickets and/or follow the team around the country supporting them.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woody Johnson is the smartest owner in sports. Realized a long time ago he can make more money with a cheap loser than an expensive winner. The Max Bialystock of the NFL.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 1:46 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I've been a fan of the Jets for a solid 40 years.

List in order, the great things I've experienced as a fan in that time.

GOB

 

Well, first of all, I agree with you. This team will break your heart like no other. With that said, going to the AFC championships in 1982, 1998, 2009, 2010 had to times that brought a smile to your face?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, first of all, I agree with you. This team will break your heart like no other. With that said, going to the AFC championships in 1982, 1998, 2009, 2010 had to times that brought a smile to your face?

Yes - Making them gave me a smile - the results made me sad. I was 8 for the '82 game but remember my Dad cursing Don Shula. In '98 I was stuck in Grafenwoehr, Germany pre-internet and cell phone days. Came out of the field to heard they lost. 99 and Vinny's injury broke my damn heart. 09 and '10 were exciting I won't lie. Still get upset at the first half of that Pittsburgh game. I really thought that was our year. We had such a run going.....if it wasn't for that slow start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Yes - Making them gave me a smile - the results made me sad. I was 8 for the '82 game but remember my Dad cursing Don Shula. In '98 I was stuck in Grafenwoehr, Germany pre-internet and cell phone days. Came out of the field to heard they lost. 99 and Vinny's injury broke my damn heart. 09 and '10 were exciting I won't lie. Still get upset at the first half of that Pittsburgh game. I really thought that was our year. We had such a run going.....if it wasn't for that slow start.

In 2019 we are just an expansion franchise, that was formed in 1960.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 1:19 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Go back into my posts not so many years ago and you'll find posts/threads from my old self that detail a mad man losing his mind following the Jets. I used to rant and rave like none other. I used to throw things during games and scream at the TV. A simple search will reveal some classic posts in which I go into great detail about how hopeless this entire franchise and its future truly is...and unfortunately I've been right up until this day. 

Now that I'm back after a long hiatus, in which I've missed many of you here, I'm a changed man. Call it defeated. Call it whatever you want. But one of my favorite quotes from Band of Brothers sums up being a Jets fan.

To paraphrase: The only hope as a Jets fan you have is to accept the fact that before the season starts they're already mathematically dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a fan of the NY Jets is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. Every year of Jets football depends upon it.

 

maxresdefault.jpg

LT Ronald Spiers: The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you’re already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 11:45 AM, Larz said:

For me I just remind myself that NFL football is just television programming content for selling beer and trucks   It’s not important or meaningful  

out role isn’t to fix the team or plan the moves going forward, it’s just consume the content or not. 
 

I have been giving the Jets 2 drives to prove to me that I should watch and the last 2 games that’s all I consumed 

They scored on the opening drives of the last two games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

They scored on the opening drives of the last two games. 

Cool. I was in a movie theater last week for that and next Sunday I have plans too 

not wasting my Sunday on this team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The planes, billboards and anti-owner articles like Manish just wrote will make a difference with these buffoons. 

the Johnsons are ok being mediocre so long as the coach and GM gets blamed, and they can drop down and fire them and feel important. 

when the Johnsons start to rightfully get blamed and shown for fools in front of their social class, that is when the team will change 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, jeremy2020 said:

waiting on the "it's fans like you who cause the jets to lose"...oh, nm, @SAR I was already here to launch personal attacks

if there was ever a time when fans have every right to vent their frustrations, it is now.  @SAR I:  You going to attack everyone who is expressing how they feel?  Give it up.  It's warranted.  It is WELL warranted this time.  Just don't read these threads because it's all you are going to hear until the ship turns around or we get a new Captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 2:40 PM, SAR I said:

Wait....wait....wait....

So those who say that season ticket holders loud cheering makes a difference are wrong?  And all this wishing on a star for Firefraud Ed to return to the sidelines means nothing?

Because I think that the negativity of 500,000 Jets fans every single day of the week on social media is far more damaging to the team than a few decibles less loudness by 77,000 fans on Sunday.

The same people complaining about fan noise being too quiet on their basement TV's are the same people bringing the team down now on forums and Twitter.  They are unbelievable hypocrites.

SAR I

No, it's everybody now.  Except you. Your HC is ruining your potential franchise QB.  If he continues to do so, there will be no coming back for Sam.  That's the main reason he has to go.  Case closed.  Or should I say "Gase" closed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dcat said:

if there was ever a time when fans have every right to vent their frustrations, it is now.  @SAR I:  You going to attack everyone who is expressing how they feel?  Give it up.  It's warranted.  It is WELL warranted this time.  Just don't read these threads because it's all you are going to hear until the ship turns around or we get a new Captain.

Venting frustration?  That's fine.  Good lord, I'm frustrated too.

But don't blame Adam Gase or Christopher Johnson.  They aren't responsible for illness and injuries, not like this, not to this extent. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

But don't blame Adam Gase or Christopher Johnson.  They aren't responsible for illness and injuries, not like this, not to this extent. 

Injuries and illness are not the only issues here, not even close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CTM said:

Injuries and illness are not the only issues here, not even close

He forgot Ghost. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dcat said:

No, it's everybody now.  Except you. Your HC is ruining your potential franchise QB.  If he continues to do so, there will be no coming back for Sam.  That's the main reason he has to go.  Case closed.  Or should I say "Gase" closed?

We have no OL.  We are down to our 5th ILB.  Gase can't control that.  Short of benching Sam for his own well-being, what is Gase to do?  Our kicker retired.  We brought in a bunch of guys.  Did Gase force his retirement?  Did Douglas not bring in whoever he could?  Mono and K cost us 2 wins.  OL and ILB injuries cost us 2 more.  Injuries.  Not the head coach.

And let's talk about the healthy players, shall we?  Explain Jamal Adams to me.  A player personally responsible for 4 of the last 5 TD's scored against us.  He's a Pro Bowler.  What, Adam Gase's bad coaching is making him awful all of a sudden?  Or is it just a player making bad decisions and having a brutally bad year while he tries to weasel his way to Dallas?  And if your theory is correct that the OL is just fine and Gase is a bad OC, explain Le'Veon Bell to me.  Last year I saw Saquon Barkley rip off enormous runs behind a terrible OL.  What's Bell's excuse?

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Injuries and illness are not the only issues here, not even close

If we were 100% healthy at all positions and Teddy Bridgewater was our quarterback, what is our record this very day?

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we were 100% healthy at all positions and Teddy Bridgewater was our quarterback, what is our record this very day?

SAR I

2-6 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CTM said:

2-6 

 

Thank you.  I needed that laugh.  Try 5-3 or 4-4 and very much in the wildcard hunt with the easy part of our schedule ahead. 

It's not the head coach.  It's the 22 year old quarterback who has mono and likely never fully recovered and the decimation to the OL and LB's from injuries.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We have no OL.  We are down to our 5th ILB.  Gase can't control that.  Short of benching Sam for his own well-being, what is Gase to do?  Our kicker retired.  We brought in a bunch of guys.  Did Gase force his retirement?  Did Douglas not bring in whoever he could?  Mono and K cost us 2 wins.  OL and ILB injuries cost us 2 more.  Injuries.  Not the head coach.

And let's talk about the healthy players, shall we?  Explain Jamal Adams to me.  A player personally responsible for 4 of the last 5 TD's scored against us.  He's a Pro Bowler.  What, Adam Gase's bad coaching is making him awful all of a sudden?  Or is it just a player making bad decisions and having a brutally bad year while he tries to weasel his way to Dallas?  And if your theory is correct that the OL is just fine and Gase is a bad OC, explain Le'Veon Bell to me.  Last year I saw Saquon Barkley rip off enormous runs behind a terrible OL.  What's Bell's excuse?

SAR I

If you read somewhere that I said or theorized that "the OL is just fine" then you are either lying or using hyperbole to be manipulative. Gase is supposed to be a QB guru and offensive genius. He's not. Hes never shown it. In fact Tannehill is playing better without him. I know you want to believe he is. I get that.  Hope you're right. I wouldn't bet the farm on it if I were you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Thank you.  I needed that laugh.  Try 5-3 or 4-4 and very much in the wildcard hunt with the easy part of our schedule ahead. 

It's not the head coach.  It's the 22 year old quarterback who has mono and likely never fully recovered and the decimation to the OL and LB's from injuries.

SAR I

I guess Darnold must of had a mono relapse after the Dallas game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

 And let's talk about the healthy players, shall we?  Explain Jamal Adams to me.  A player personally responsible for 4 of the last 5 TD's scored against us.  He's a Pro Bowler.  What, Adam Gase's bad coaching is making him awful all of a sudden?  Or is it just a player making bad decisions and having a brutally bad year while he tries to weasel his way to Dallas?

Or, he was wildly overrated all along!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If you read somewhere that I said or theorized that "the OL is just fine" then you are either lying or using hyperbole to be manipulative. Gase is supposed to be a QB guru and offensive genius. He's not. Hes never shown it. In fact Tannehill is playing better without him. I know you want to believe he is. I get that.  Hope you're right. I wouldn't bet the farm on it if I were you.

An NFL team with a high school caliber offensive line isn't an NFL team.

You can't judge a NASCAR driver whose car is missing a transmission either.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CTM said:

I guess Darnold must of had a mono relapse after the Dallas game

Or he never fully recovered or his offensive line got additional injuries in the subsequent games or the big name free agent lineman quit on the team or the big name free agent linebacker can't come back or the two biggest targets Darnold had never played a down all season.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Or, he was wildly overrated all along!

Perhaps.  But that's not on Adam Gase.  Jamal Adams knows how to play in the NFL.  He's a team captain and an All Pro.  If he took stupid pills that's on Jamal, not Adam.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily I'm a big CFB fan and a fan of the draft process, so that helps. Just would be cool if we had some young players to look forward too and watch. Another draft where nobody is contributing. We stink and can't even watch guys develop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps.  But that's not on Adam Gase.  Jamal Adams knows how to play in the NFL.  He's a team captain and an All Pro.  If he took stupid pills that's on Jamal, not Adam.

 SAR I

We love to blame the coach here because it allows us to continue the fantasy that all we need is one person replaced and things will get better.

Imagine if we didn't blame the coach, we'd have to acknowledge that maybe the team itself is not talented, maybe the QB isn't good, maybe the SS isn't that valuable, and maybe the JV offensive line needs a full replace.  We'd have to accept that all of this mess could take years to fix.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...