The Redskins Fire HC Jay Gruden

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

In general, I've not been a fan of the argument that "if you do x, no one will want to come here," because there's only 32 of these jobs, and far fewer if you exclude the ones with quality entrenched coaches.  But, if you fire a coach who lost his QB1, QB2, WR1, TE1, ILB1, ILB2, #3 overall pick, and more after 4 games, literally no one of any promise will come here.

They had a #1 WR??

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Anderson is still playing (sort of) Enunwa was nothing more then a waste of a roster spot. 

That's not how the Jets viewed him, or particularly relevant to the fire Gase after 4 games argument, as either way, you're acknowledging that there's no WR talent on the team, by injury or otherwise.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

That's not how the Jets viewed him, or particularly relevant to the fire Gase after 4 games argument, as either way, you're acknowledging that there's no WR talent on the team, by injury or otherwise.

If this group of receivers played on a good team they’d be fine.
Replace the Pats receivers/backs with the Jets. Pats OLine, Pats coaching and Brady with Bell, Montgomery, Anderson, Crowder and D Thomas. The Pats are still undefeated and all of them have good stats for their positions and depth. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Replace the Pats receivers/backs with the Jets. Pats OLine, Pats coaching and Brady with Bell, Montgomery, Anderson, Crowder and D Thomas. The Pats are still undefeated and all of them have good stats for their positions and depth

I suppose we can agree that the team is so bad that our awful group of WRs is like 5th on the list of problems. 

Meanwhile, the only thing that we can verify in this non-falsifable scenario is that the Pats coach thought so highly of D. Thomas, he let him go to the Jets, after not making a single deal with the Jets over his entire career.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I suppose we can agree that the team is so bad that our awful group of WRs is like 5th on the list of problems. 

Meanwhile, the only thing that we can verify in this non-falsifable scenario is that the Pats coach thought so highly of D. Thomas, he let him go to the Jets, after not making a single deal with the Jets over his entire career.

1. Oline 

2. DBs

3. Passrusher

4. Coaching 

5. WR

He’d be 5th behind Bell, Crowder, Anderson and Montgomery so he’d still be expendable. 

I can't really feel bad for Gruden. Too many guys are too desperate for that head coaching job and take it situations that are extremely unlikely to succeed. I get there's "only 32" of those jobs, but if you're willing to talk into a tire fire just to get one then you should expect to get burned.

Just now, New York Mick said:

1. Oline 

2. DBs

3. Passrusher

4. Coaching 

5. WR

He’d be 5th behind Bell, Crowder, Anderson and Montgomery so he’d still be expendable. 

You left QB off this list, which is either 1 or 2 (Darnold is not on the field), and this is a representation of how bad this team is, and why it's it's hard for me to even evaluate coaching when you're poor group of WRs is like the 5th biggest problem, and the problem you've listed as #1 is actually 5 human beings, not one, and the problem you listed as 2, is also more than one human being.  Essentially, the problem is most of the roster.  Fix some of these things, and I'll worry about strategy and play calling.  Until then, I'm not going to stress how a coach is able to manage Luke Falk and the offensive line.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Ouch. 

We can relate.

Image result for bill belichick resignation note

52 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Replace the Pats receivers/backs with the Jets. Pats OLine, Pats coaching and Brady with Bell, Montgomery, Anderson, Crowder and D Thomas. The Pats are still undefeated and all of them have good stats for their positions and depth. 

Jeremy Kerley would be Julian Edelman on the Pats. Julian Edelman would be Jeremy Kerley on the Jets.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

You guys are wasting a lot of energy and anxiety worrying over Gase’s employment status with the Jets.  He isn’t going to be fired today, tomorrow or in December.  It’s just not happening.  

Yeah, unless there's something dramatically bad about him that we don't yet know about, he'll last the year.  I think he was a bad hire and will end up failing, but at least give him this year to see what develops. Hey, the dude ran a reverse yesterday, so maybe he's just now learning about misdirection?

:-)

Also, as crappy as the Jets are, do we really want to use the Redskins as a model of how to be behave?  No, thanks.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTM said:

The funny thing is I dont think theres anyone here who would advocate sitting through a season and a 1/2 of this let alone 6 years. 

You dont fire a coach after 4 games in which hes lost his #1 and #2 QB.  It's that simple.

When Darnold comes back and we still suck as bad as we did without him, you fire the mistake of a hire. It's that easy. 

24 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

When Darnold comes back and we still suck as bad as we did without him, you fire the mistake of a hire. It's that easy. 

If Darnold comes back and the offense continues to look like this then yes you strongly consider dumping Gase at the end of the year. 

I don't think it will. I think Falk doesn't belong on a CFL field let alone NFL

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

You left QB off this list, which is either 1 or 2 (Darnold is not on the field), and this is a representation of how bad this team is, and why it's it's hard for me to even evaluate coaching when you're poor group of WRs is like the 5th biggest problem, and the problem you've listed as #1 is actually 5 human beings, not one, and the problem you listed as 2, is also more than one human being.  Essentially, the problem is most of the roster.  Fix some of these things, and I'll worry about strategy and play calling.  Until then, I'm not going to stress how a coach is able to manage Luke Falk and the offensive line.

When the HC is saying the lineman are blocking the wrong people/gap and receivers are running the wrong route and there’s miscommunication after a bye week there’s something wrong with practice. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/7/2019 at 6:10 AM, New York Mick said:

They’re talking about it on NFL radio.

Even with all the injuries they still believe the team should go a different direction.

They lose to the patriots, have a bunch of injuries and are missing their best OT and they still fire him. 

Does this mean coaches can be held accountable in those situations?

No it means hes been there for 6 seasons, had one 9-7 winning seasons.  

• Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, New York Mick said:

And somehow Bellichick went 6-10 with a better OL, a similar defense and Bledsoe.

Today we forget

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:51 AM, sec101row23 said:

You guys are wasting a lot of energy and anxiety worrying over Gase’s employment status with the Jets.  He isn’t going to be fired today, tomorrow or in December.  It’s just not happening.  

Woody ain't paying 2 GMs and 3 HCs next year. Anybody who thinks he is, is deluding themselves. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Sounds like Gase. 

Gase made the playoffs 1 of 3 seasons and went into week 15 or 16 with a chance last year.

Doesnt sound like Gase to me, just to someone who totally dislikes him, didnt want him here and now with all this team is struggling with cant stop blaming him without any consideration.

Hes not going anywhere because he shouldnt, get over it until he has a chance to show what he is or isnt.  Today isnt that time

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Gase made the playoffs 1 of 3 seasons and went into week 15 or 16 with a chance last year.

Doesnt sound like Gase to me, just to someone who totally dislikes him, didnt want him here and now with all this team is struggling with cant stop blaming him without any consideration.

Hes not going anywhere because he shouldnt, get over it until he has a chance to show what he is or isnt.  Today isnt that time

JN this is a Jet board logical or reasonable thought has no place here..:dohslap:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He sucks

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Because he keeps repeating his performance. Read my earlier post. Gase said guys are blocking wrong and receivers are running the wrong routes. That’s bad coaching no matter how you want to blindly spin it.

If I tell you the right way to do something so you don't get hurt and you don't do it and get hurt that's on me??

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Because he keeps repeating his performance. Read my earlier post. Gase said guys are blocking wrong and receivers are running the wrong routes. That’s bad coaching no matter how you want to blindly spin it.

Thats as simplistic a compliant as there is.  When you find a HC who coaches the OL and WR s to the point that their mistakes are his fault get back to us

Gase helps coach those units more than any coach we've had since I dont know when but whine on about this nonsense

Anyone who thinks the mess could be straightened out with a coaching change has no business talking.

Or mindlessly down voting every post that offers a differing perspective.