Jets season already over it’s your 2019-2020 Knicks thread

Philc1

• 2 weeks later...

Fizdale absolutely deserves to get fired forget about the 20% winning pct he refuses to play Alonzo Trier who is the best shooter on the roster nor will he play Brezdeikis who is a talented young player who can shoot every plays Wayne Ellington who is 30% from the field and can’t defend me and DennisSmith who is a poor man’s Marbury

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Good God Dennis Smith is maybe the worst basketball player I’ve ever seen. Bad passes, dumb shots, awful defense. Put me out there I’d do a better job. 

He’s a poor man’s marbury 

No wonder the real GM Isiah is so in love with him

• Upvote 1

I miss the Knicks being relevant. It’s been sooooo long. When I was a kid/young adult, the Knicks were must-watch TV and the most popular team in the city. 

I now seriously wonder if the Knicks will ever become contenders again in my lifetime. They have been utterly hopeless since Dolan came onto the scene. It’s beyond absurd at this point. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2020 at 12:47 PM, slimjasi said:

I miss the Knicks being relevant. It’s been sooooo long. When I was a kid/young adult, the Knicks were must-watch TV and the most popular team in the city. 

I now seriously wonder if the Knicks will ever become contenders again in my lifetime. They have been utterly hopeless since Dolan came onto the scene. It’s beyond absurd at this point. 

Supposedly they are getting Masai Ujiri the raptors GM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I hope the Knicks get to draft LaMelo Ball because James Dolan vs. LaVar Ball in the back pages would be the most entertainment the NBA has provided for over a decade.

Not happening.  Silver is going to rig the draft to help the warriors trade for Antekonompo 

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like the NBA is the only league that’s not trying to finish their season. 

MLB: Has created multiple plans to get a season in such as going to Arizona or recreating divisions. Seems like they really want to make something work. 

NHL: Has been in talks with governors in New Hampshire and North Dakota to make one site for all teams. 

NFL: Running business as usual, has said they plan on the season starting on time with fans. 

The NBA has done nothing it seems, not that I really care because other than being a Knicks fan I really have no use for this league. The games are mostly blowouts and all anyone does is chuck threes and play no defense. NCAA BB is a much better product. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I feel like the NBA is the only league that’s not trying to finish their season. 

MLB: Has created multiple plans to get a season in such as going to Arizona or recreating divisions. Seems like they really want to make something work. 

NHL: Has been in talks with governors in New Hampshire and North Dakota to make one site for all teams. 

NFL: Running business as usual, has said they plan on the season starting on time with fans. 

The NBA has done nothing it seems, not that I really care because other than being a Knicks fan I really have no use for this league. The games are mostly blowouts and all anyone does is chuck threes and play no defense. NCAA BB is a much better product. 

You’re absolutely right

Apparently under the NBA CBA the teams don’t have to pay players if the games aren’t played due to a national emergency like the one happening now.  I heard a crazy high number of what the owners are saving right now.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You’re absolutely right

Apparently under the NBA CBA the teams don’t have to pay players if the games aren’t played due to a national emergency like the one happening now.  I heard a crazy high number of what the owners are saving right now.

I didn’t know that. That’s probably the nail in the coffin on this season. Owners wont care if they’re not losing money. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I didn’t know that. That’s probably the nail in the coffin on this season. Owners wont care if they’re not losing money. 

NBA was losing money before coronavirus.  The salary cap was projected to decrease next year.  TV ratings have been taking a nose dive and attendance hasn’t been good

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...