How many cowboy fans will be in the house on Sunday ?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

.....the MetLife Stadium fans who spent an average of $3,000 on PSL's and $150 on gameday tickets at a time when we knew the playoff runs were over and dark times lay ahead for several years are "bad fans"?

You can't make this stuff up.

SAR I

LOOK-AT-ME-GUYS-LOOK-AT-ME-HEY-HEY.png.p

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Wait.  Let me understand this:

"Real fans" from Giants Stadium who paid $50 a ticket for the best seats in the house, refused to pay fair market value for their seats when asked, went to the MetLife upper deck, and then abandoned the team completely in 2012 when it was clear the playoff runs were over are "real fans"?

And the MetLife Stadium fans who spent an average of $3,000 on PSL's and $150 on gameday tickets at a time when we knew the playoff runs were over and dark times lay ahead for several years are "bad fans"?

You can't make this stuff up.

SAR I

Don't be mad because we weren't foolish enough to get taken for PSLs.

You knew the playoff runs were over? We had a younger team that made an AFC championship game the final year of the old place and first year in the new place. No one expected this run of futility, if they did they would have sold far fewer PSLs that they actually did.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

There are FAR MORE than 4,000 Cowboy fans that already have tickets. This game is the most in demand game the Jets have seen in years. If Darnold doesn't play it will be the largest opposing fan takeover that I have seen since the new stadium was built. 

If Darnold plays Jets fans will be excited but anyone who thinks there are going to be less than 10,000 Cowboys fans there is going to be shocked at what they see on Sunday.

There's no way they only have 10,000 fans there Sunday.  I'd be shocked if they only had 20,000.

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

The fans in the seats next to mine in 2002 said the same thing about the Jets that season and I wound up being the only one in my section sitting there in my seats watching the 41-0 playoff blowout in January.  Be careful what you wish for.

SAR I

This does have a 2002 feel, if only we beat Buffalo week 1 like we did in 02 then we'd have a shot.  This week is a must win to have any hopes for this year.  Win this week then steal one vs NE and we're back in business

• Upvote 2

I went on a Cowboys message board today expecting to see them trashing us, counting the win already—like every other team that has played us this year. 

I saw a thread about Sam being cleared. I clicked. 

Boy was I surprised. Their fans are worse than us and basically think their D will make the Jets look great. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

It absolutely won't be 60%. It is going to be bad but it won't be the majority of fans.

People always exaggerate this stuff. People who have never actually been to a game. 
There is never anything close to the majority of fans rooting for the other team at the meadowlands.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

I went on a Cowboys message board today expecting to see them trashing us, counting the win already—like every other team that has played us this year. 

I saw a thread about Sam being cleared. I clicked. 

Boy was I surprised. Their fans are worse than us and basically think their D will make the Jets look great. 

Haha, you should go comfort them by telling them about our offensive line 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Don't be mad because we weren't foolish enough to get taken for PSLs. 

Don't be mad because PSL owners wound up paying an average of $3,000 for a PSL and then had $0 ticket price increases for the last 10 years thus saving us the $300 a year or $30 a game on average we expected the prices to increase.  PSL's cost us nothing.  We got the best seats in the house for free.

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You knew the playoff runs were over? We had a younger team that made an AFC championship game the final year of the old place and first year in the new place. No one expected this run of futility, if they did they would have sold far fewer PSLs that they actually did.

Every fan knew on Buttfumble night that the playoff Jets team we once knew was over and done with.  And the exodus in the upper deck began where 20,000 Giants Stadium season ticket holders had PSL-free season tickets in MetLife Stadium and let them go because they could.

You don't have to worry about the 16,000 Jets fans who wrote PSL checks to the Jets.  In a metropolis of 20 million people, it's a drop in the bucket.  No PSL owners complain about PSL's.  Those of you who think you beat the system by avoiding PSL's didn't.  The PSL's wound up costing us nothing and we wound up with the best seats in the house for free.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

There's no way they only have 10,000 fans there Sunday.  I'd be shocked if they only had 20,000.

jetrai-zpsa821ee88.jpg

62893722-BC91-4-D49-BC15-C480-CF337-FF6.

If you actually attended a Jets game in MetLife Stadium you'd realize how foolish you sound.  I count opposing fans at the games for the last 10 years because of you knuckleheads.  It's 5% of the stadium at most.  Some photos.  Count the Raiders and Browns jerseys. See for yourself.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

People always exaggerate this stuff. People who have never actually been to a game. 
There is never anything close to the majority of fans rooting for the other team at the meadowlands.  

Thank you.  These "I watch on TV I'm a big fan" types don't have a clue what its like in the stadium.  We make a lot of noise.  We show up.  Doesn't fit their victim narrative so they reject what we say outright.  Joe Beningo's got to get listeners, have to get those cars donated and those big time bats sold.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the seats in my row want $1k per ticket.  i am going to list mine for $500 each.  if they sell they sell lol.

"Hey Siri, add batman10023 to my SOJF hypocrites list"

"I have added batman10023 to your SOJF hypocrites list.  Would you like me to read the 48 other names on the list?"

"No thanks.  I'll need that in a few weeks when the Jets are winning and they try to jump back on the bandwagon.  When do the Yankees play their next game?"

"The New York Yankees play in the American League Championship Series starting on Saturday, October 12."

"Thanks Siri."

SAR I

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thank you.  These "I watch on TV I'm a big fan" types don't have a clue what its like in the stadium.  We make a lot of noise.  We show up.

SAR I

I think what probably happens is that those 5 or so percent of opposing fans sound really loud on tv when the Jets are losing and our fans are silent.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

jetrai-zpsa821ee88.jpg

If you actually attended a Jets game in MetLife Stadium you'd realize how foolish you sound.  I count opposing fans at the games for the last 10 years because of you knuckleheads.  It's 5% of the stadium at most.  Some photos.  Count the Raiders and Browns jerseys. See for yourself.

SAR I

Looking at these photos, I wish our fan base would would wear a majority color to games.   Watching the KC and SF games, the red in attendance really looked pretty cool.  I know we have certain games where they ask us like "white out" day, but do those other two teams always suggest to wear Red to every game?

I must say that there a lot of white in the photos.

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I think what probably happens is that those 5 or so percent of opposing fans sound really loud on tv when the Jets are losing and our fans are silent.

Yes.  People forget that inside that broadcast truck, right next to the Video Director and his staff, sits the Sound Director and his staff.  Their job is to balance the crowd noise for the most effective presentation on TV.

"It sounded much louder in Buffalo than it does at MetLife!" has nothing to do with fan participation and everything to do with how far to the right an arbitrary Sound Director turns a little knob connected to the crowd microphones.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Looking at these photos, I wish our fan base would would wear a majority color to games.   Watching the KC and SF games, the red in attendance really looked pretty cool.  I know we have certain games where they ask us like "white out" day, but do those other two teams always suggest to wear Red to every game?

I must say that there a lot of white in the photos.

Yeah, green is sort of a dark color and its also a color that doesn't coordinate with much.  Red and blue team apparel sells way more than green.  It's why so many teams, Jets included, have a heavy dose of black and grey activewear.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Hey Siri, add batman10023 to my SOJF hypocrites list"

"I have added batman10023 to your SOJF hypocrites list.  Would you like me to read the 48 other names on the list?"

"No thanks.  I'll need that in a few weeks when the Jets are winning and they try to jump back on the bandwagon.  When do the Yankees play their next game?"

"The New York Yankees play in the American League Championship Series starting on Saturday, October 12."

"Thanks Siri."

SAR I

nobody is buying my tickets for $500 a piece. lol.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don't be mad because PSL owners wound up paying an average of $3,000 for a PSL and then had $0 ticket price increases for the last 10 years thus saving us the $300 a year or $30 a game on average we expected the prices to increase.  PSL's cost us nothing.  We got the best seats in the house for free.

Every fan knew on Buttfumble night that the playoff Jets team we once knew was over and done with.  And the exodus in the upper deck began where 20,000 Giants Stadium season ticket holders had PSL-free season tickets in MetLife Stadium and let them go because they could.

You don't have to worry about the 16,000 Jets fans who wrote PSL checks to the Jets.  In a metropolis of 20 million people, it's a drop in the bucket.  No PSL owners complain about PSL's.  Those of you who think you beat the system by avoiding PSL's didn't.  The PSL's wound up costing us nothing and we wound up with the best seats in the house for free.

SAR I

Congrats and I, as a former STH, get tickets for a fraction of the price without ever having to be fleeced for a PSL but at least you get his rewards now!

Buttfumble night was in 2012, the stadium opened in 2010 when we were at the height of SB expectations. 

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

jetrai-zpsa821ee88.jpg

SAR I

Then you can't count and you underestimate cowboy fans.  The last time they came here we were coming off 2 straight AFC championship games so it wasn't bad but now after all these years of losing and staying e 0-4?  It will be really bad.

45 minutes ago, prime21 said:

They are really loud in person too, the only way to keep them quiet is to win which we haven't done much in this decade

On 10/7/2019 at 8:50 AM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

This could get ugly .

Unfortunately there will be way too many.  The Jets do not sell out and many fans sell their tickets. When I saw the home shedule this year I knew there would be a lot of "neutral" site games: Cowboys, Giants, Steelers and Raiders. 

That said with Darnold and Herdon back, I think it will be a great game.

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Congrats and I, as a former STH, get tickets for a fraction of the price without ever having to be fleeced for a PSL but at least you get his rewards now!

You can do the a-la-carte strategy and save money.  But you don't get a consistent set of fans you call friends all around you to celebrate the good times.  When the good times come, of course.

40 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Buttfumble night was in 2012, the stadium opened in 2010 when we were at the height of SB expectations. 

Yes, and 2012 was the last year the upper deck was sold out.  April 2013 a scant few renewed their season ticket rights staring down the barrel of Tony Sporano, Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens, and Stephen Hill.  And as soon as the Jets look like a playoff team again?  They'll all come running back.  But we don't want 'em.

SAR I

42 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Then you can't count and you underestimate cowboy fans.  The last time they came here we were coming off 2 straight AFC championship games so it wasn't bad but now after all these years of losing and staying e 0-4?  It will be really bad.

The Cowboys are back here in 4 weeks to play the Giants.  Methinks given the choice, they'd go to that contest instead.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Easy fix to get opposing teams fans out of our house....WE need to get more of us NY Jets not season ticket holders to buy in. 

Im thinking about it, been looking on PSLsource for a great deal. 

That's the spirit jw12!  We need your help!

Let's support Sam and Adam and show 'em that their fans understand what's what and are there for them!

We don't need some blue collar chant leader-  we need YOU the fans.  Besides, it's the 100th Anniversary game and it's the Spotlight White Rally Towel Giveaway!  You kidding me?! People fight for those cannon t-shirts, this towel thing is going to be off the chain!

SAR I

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You can do the a-la-carte strategy and save money.  But you don't get a consistent set of fans you call friends all around you to celebrate the good times.  When the good times come, of course.

Yes, and 2012 was the last year the upper deck was sold out.  April 2013 a scant few renewed their season ticket rights staring down the barrel of Tony Sporano, Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens, and Stephen Hill.  And as soon as the Jets look like a playoff team again?  They'll all come running back.  But we don't want 'em.

SAR I

I'm there to watch football not socialize.  If say hello to the people around me (if they were there and didn't sell/give away their tickets) but I wasn't best man in anyone's wedding.

They never sold PSLs in the upper deck.

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Cowboys are back here in 4 weeks to play the Giants.  Methinks given the choice, they'd go to that contest instead.

SAR I

They will go to both and they have a large presence at Giants games too for the same reasons.  

We have a huge cowboy fan population in the NY area (along with the other great teams of the 70s- Pitt, oak, Miami) and they only get to see their team come to town once a year except every 8th year when they come here twice.  

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm pretty confident I've been to more games than 90% of the board.  I don't go to every game anymore as my kids are growing up and they have games and other things on Sundays now but I've still been to a million games. In the old building fans would take over when we suck but in the new building it can get taken over even when we don't suck.  I still remember the ridiculous amount of Ravens fans at the first ever regular season game there.

48 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm pretty confident I've been to more games than 90% of the board.  I don't go to every game anymore as my kids are growing up and they have games and other things on Sundays now but I've still been to a million games. In the old building fans would take over when we suck but in the new building it can get taken over even when we don't suck.  I still remember the ridiculous amount of Ravens fans at the first ever regular season game there.

I have also been to a ton of NFL games (not just Jets games, I have also been to Bills games, Steelers games, and Chargers games) and I have personally never seen a stadium that was anywhere near filled with a clear MAJORITY of the other team’s fans. 
I think people underestimate how loud a few thousand fans cheering in unison can sound, when everyone around them is quiet.

To be clear, there will certainly be thousands of Cowboys fans there on Sunday, but no where near more than half, IMO 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I'm there to watch football not socialize.  If say hello to the people around me (if they were there and didn't sell/give away their tickets) but I wasn't best man in anyone's wedding.

They never sold PSLs in the upper deck.

That's your prerogative.  Some of us view sitting next to fans we can call friends for 30 years a worthy perk, same for never stressing over ticket purchases, shifting locations, parking passes, etc.

SAR I

• Upvote 1