How many cowboy fans will be in the house on Sunday ?

Is 50% an overestimation? Yes. Is 5% way low for a “National Team”? Absolutely. I have season tickets in section 121. Regardless of the team we play I am surrounded by more than 5% opposing fans. The Jets failed to sell out the PSLs in my section and therefore they sell them on the open market. The ones that don’t sell are given to their employees who seem to come sit for a few minutes then disappear.

The Cowboys have a ton of fans in the metro-area. I except a third or so of the stadium to be Cowboy fans. They will definitely be louder and more enthusiastic. They will definitely fill the stadium with noise.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

They will go to both and they have a large presence at Giants games too for the same reasons.  

We have a huge cowboy fan population in the NY area (along with the other great teams of the 70s- Pitt, oak, Miami) and they only get to see their team come to town once a year except every 8th year when they come here twice.  

I understand, I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years, I know the behaviors of all the visiting fanbases.

What I am telling you is that 5% is the norm, if you want to double that and go up to 10% it is of no consequence to me but I do not believe that Cowboy fans are in a good mood (lost 2 straight), want to see them against the Jets (they view it as a blowout), and believe they'd rather see their team send Daniel Jones back down to Earth and watch Saquon Barkley in the flesh.

SAR I

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I'm pretty confident I've been to more games than 90% of the board.  I don't go to every game anymore as my kids are growing up and they have games and other things on Sundays now but I've still been to a million games. In the old building fans would take over when we suck but in the new building it can get taken over even when we don't suck.  I still remember the ridiculous amount of Ravens fans at the first ever regular season game there.

Anything goes in the upper deck where tickets are available for $5 to any opposing fan because the real Jets fans won't spend a dime.

SAR I

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I was in attendance it was bad. 

It was opening day, the Jets and Ravens were elite AFC teams, and Baltimore is only 2.5 hours down the turnpike.

Again, no more than 5% of the stadium were Ravens fans.  Per usual.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

Is 50% an overestimation? Yes. Is 5% way low for a “National Team”? Absolutely. I have season tickets in section 121. Regardless of the team we play I am surrounded by more than 5% opposing fans. The Jets failed to sell out the PSLs in my section and therefore they sell them on the open market. The ones that don’t sell are given to their employees who seem to come sit for a few minutes then disappear.

The Cowboys have a ton of fans in the metro-area. I except a third or so of the stadium to be Cowboy fans. They will definitely be louder and more enthusiastic. They will definitely fill the stadium with noise.

I'm sorry that you sit in a section that failed to sell out and thus have opposing fans in and out all the time.

I can tell you that in my section of 150 seats even in down seasons against elite teams we only have a handful of opposing fans.  Same for the mezz club sections adjacent to mine.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I'm sorry that you sit in a section that failed to sell out and thus have opposing fans in and out all the time.

I can tell you that in my section of 150 seats even in down seasons against elite teams we only have a handful of opposing fans.  Same for the mezz club sections adjacent to mine.

SAR I

Sections 137, 135, 134 were flooded with Ravens fans that game.  It was inexplicable.  There were 6 in a row at the end of my row and they were friends and relatives of Ray Rice.  I have no idea where they all got their tickets but it was weird.  

It was opening day, the Jets and Ravens were elite AFC teams, and Baltimore is only 2.5 hours down the turnpike.
SAR I

Perhaps on opening days versus the Ravens when the weather is nice, the hopes of Jet Fans is at its highest point and playing a good team there are fewer seats sold to the opposing team.

However, the Cowboys have a large fan base and tickets for the Jets game are cheaper than a Giants game they probably opt for the Jets. Unfortunately I think this week will be fairly ugly in the stands.

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Inaugural MetLife Opening Game I attended in a neck brace after just having a cervical fusion. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Inaugural MetLife Opening Game I attended in a neck brace after just having a cervical fusion. 

I thought Sanchez was going to leave in a neck brace.

And, by the way, I tremendously respect your fanhood man.  I only wish there was a better performance out there for you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I thought Sanchez was going to leave in a neck brace.

And, by the way, I tremendously respect your fanhood man.  I only wish there was a better performance out there for you.

Didn't he get destroyed on the first play of the game, I still don't know how he got up. 

Thank You I used to be there every game. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Didn't he get destroyed on the first play of the game, I still don't know how he got up. 

Thank You I used to be there every game. 

Happened right in front of me.  Ugly.  And the throngs of Ravens fans in my section and nearby quickly became obnoxious.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sections 137, 135, 134 were flooded with Ravens fans that game.  It was inexplicable.  There were 6 in a row at the end of my row and they were friends and relatives of Ray Rice.  I have no idea where they all got their tickets but it was weird.  

Guys like SAR sold them theirs.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Pics or it didn't happen (the surgery, not the attendance).

SAR I

@SAR I I even have the lanyard from the comp tickets the NY Jets gifted me as I sat in the MEZZ while friends sat in my 4 UD seats. 

I don't have a cloud so i can't take pics with my phone and send to my computer. 

Believe me buddy no reason to lie I was there. 

Did you sell that game? 

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Guys like SAR sold them theirs.

SAR is in the endzone corner.  What I am referring to were prime seats in prime sections.  They were strictly in clusters! Clusters of 6, 8 10 and some must have been in the 20's.  Clusters are sold only as "group tickets", right?  So they had to come from the Jets. There obviously were many unpurchased PSLs at that time in these sections. 

It has long been my belief, that it was the NY Jets themselves who sold (or even gifted) those huge chunks of premium seats to the Baltimore Ravens (or Baltimore area scalpers) who then distributed to groups of Ravens fans.  I think it was the Jets themselves who infested the new stadium with purple that night.  In fact, I have no doubt.  Bastards.  They really are when it comes to money. 

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I I even have the lanyard from the comp tickets the NY Jets gifted me as I sat in the MEZZ while friends sat in my 4 UD seats. 

I don't have a cloud so i can't take pics with my phone and send to my computer. 

Believe me buddy no reason to lie I was there. 

Did you sell that game? 

No, I wasn’t traveling for work and my kids didn’t have conflicting sports activities so I was there. Even shot a video of my first time entering the stadium for a game that counted. 

I also got a tour of the stadium ten months before it opened, met Woody Johnson, got lots of photos of the place still being built. That was fun. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, I wasn’t traveling for work and my kids didn’t have conflicting sports activities so I was there. Even shot a video of my first time entering the stadium for a game that counted. 

I also got a tour of the stadium ten months before it opened, met Woody Johnson, got lots of photos of the place still being built. That was fun. 

SAR I

Nice I wont ask for you proof your word is good enough. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

All you have to do is put your phone on top of your computer and say "hey Googles, transfer photos to my computer" (or hey siri if you have an apple)

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

All you have to do is put your phone on top of your computer and say "hey Googles, transfer photos to my computer" (or hey siri if you have an apple)

Im not sending or posting any pictures if he doesn't believe me I really don't care. I will sleep fine tonight. 

I really cant tell if some of you guys are bad at percentages or just not paying attention. I sit in section 128 and from my viewpoint far beyond 10% of attendees are non Jets fans for most games. Last years Vikings fans were chanting loud enough to hear it on television. The Packers game was about 40/60 packers fans. There were large amounts of Bills fans there on opening day. Maybe I notice this more since I took a break from going to games from 2010-2016. Its a stark contrast to the old stadiums attendance rates. Of course the teem has been terrible for years too.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Was that the tour the were pitching during the sales process for psls?

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

jetrai-zpsa821ee88.jpg

62893722-BC91-4-D49-BC15-C480-CF337-FF6.

If you actually attended a Jets game in MetLife Stadium you'd realize how foolish you sound.  I count opposing fans at the games for the last 10 years because of you knuckleheads.  It's 5% of the stadium at most.  Some photos.  Count the Raiders and Browns jerseys. See for yourself.

SAR I

I think it was the year you didn't go to any home games, but a few years ago the 49ers literally took over the stadium. You had a soccer tournament that weekend though.

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

I really cant tell if some of you guys are bad at percentages or just not paying attention. I sit in section 128 and from my viewpoint far beyond 10% of attendees are non Jets fans for most games. Last years Vikings fans were chanting loud enough to hear it on television. The Packers game was about 40/60 packers fans. There were large amounts of Bills fans there on opening day. Maybe I notice this more since I took a break from going to games from 2010-2016. Its a stark contrast to the old stadiums attendance rates. Of course the teem has been terrible for years too.

There were a lot of Bills fans no doubt.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I am beginning to believe that you repeat things that aren't true because it helps you believe them. Seems to be how the world works these days I guess lol.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Was that the tour the were pitching during the sales process for psls?

Yes.  For the last 6 home games of the 2009 season the Jets were offering existing season ticket holders tours of the stadium in the hopes of selling Club seats.  I was definitely not getting Club's, just too pricey, but I got the invite, I took the Club tour, and I convinced them to let me also take a look at some non-Club sections.  Back in the JI days I had this epic thread going called The Stadium Thread and every day was posting up photos of the place in construction and leading some good discussion and good advice.  Turns out the Jets were watching and took a liking to me, I got to meet all the brass including Woody.  Was a fun two hours before kickoff.  We played the Bills that day and lost in OT and the night before I went to the ALCS game where the Yankees walked off the Angels in 13 innings.  Good times.

SAR I

3 hours ago, kthisguy said:

This is a very good (and reasonable) estimate all around.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  For the last 6 home games of the 2009 season the Jets were offering existing season ticket holders tours of the stadium in the hopes of selling Club seats.  I was definitely not getting Club's, just too pricey, but I got the invite, I took the Club tour, and I convinced them to let me also take a look at some non-Club sections.  Back in the JI days I had this epic thread going called The Stadium Thread and every day was posting up photos of the place in construction and leading some good discussion and good advice.  Turns out the Jets were watching and took a liking to me, I got to meet all the brass including Woody.  Was a fun two hours before kickoff.  We played the Bills that day and lost in OT and the night before I went to the ALCS game where the Yankees walked off the Angels in 13 innings.  Good times.

SAR I

I wasn't on ji then so I don't know about that thread. I can confirm that the Jets like you a lot though. I have had some interesting conversations about you.  :)

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am beginning to believe that you repeat things that aren't true because it helps you believe them. Seems to be how the world works these days I guess lol.

I posted photos!  Count the jerseys!  Look, I'm reporting what I see where I sit, perhaps other sections are different and are flooded with opposing fans.  What I can tell you is that from my vantage point, 5% is a good number.  That's 5 enemy fans per 100 seats.  5 bad guys in every 5 rows.  If in a section with 200 fans you're seeing 90 opposing fans that would be a surprise to me but who knows.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ok, I was talking to them about club seats and my brother went on the tour for me. There was no mention of meeting anyone notable though and I know he didnt so I wasn't sure it was the same thing

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I posted photos!  Count the jerseys!  Look, I'm reporting what I see where I sit, perhaps other sections are different and are flooded with opposing fans.  What I can tell you is that from my vantage point, 5% is a good number.  That's 5 enemy fans per 100 seats.  5 bad guys in every 5 rows.  If in a section with 200 fans you're seeing 90 opposing fans that would be a surprise to me but who knows.

SAR I

One thing about the photos, the Jets seem to be trying to line up the jerseys imo. There are a lot of white Cowboys jerseys. This week the Jets are doing a white out. It is smart but it masks things in a group photo.

• Sympathy 1