Dowell Loggains

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Does he add any value whatsoever? Is there a more irrelevant do-nothing Coordinator in the NFL?

Our inability to game plan anything on offense really makes you question the reps of Gase, Jim Bob, that oline guy, etc. 

Before we even get to Logins whose role has always been a mystery.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone here seriously going to act surprised about Loggins'  role on this CS? Are we now supposed to act like he was ever going to be a innovative offensive mastermind? He is doing exactly what we thought he would when he was hired.

This is going to be another depressing week, with a lot of crazy threads. This season has been a disaster, and there are a hundred different things we can complain about. The role played by Loggins on the CS should be at the bottom of the list.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

IF he's calling the plays he needs to go and if Adam Gase is calling the plays he needs to bring in OC ASAP. 

Tell us the plays you think a different coach would call.  The ones that would work that we haven't tried.  Because I'm thinking theyve tried just about everything, and they just don't work given the QB

Help us all out

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Does he add any value whatsoever? Is there a more irrelevant do-nothing Coordinator in the NFL?

We've all seen this before and it is not pretty.

Gase's pet Loggains is the equivalent of Rex Ryan's foot fetish for Jeff Weeks, who did absolutely nothing. Ever.  Anywhere.  It's also similar to Todd Bowles pet Kacy Rogers.  Both were utterly useless and a waste of space and resources.  I don't know why owners or GMs allow it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Tell us the plays you think a different coach would call.  The ines that would work that we haven't tried.  Because I'm thinking theyve tried just about everything,and they just don't work given the QB

Help us all out

Joewilly12 is RIGHT!!! You scheme around the limitations of the QB. Falk’s vision and awareness are terrible. You go shotgun every play. He is slow as sheet in his back drop. You protect the line as much as possible with an extra T at TE so you basically have a 6 front OL. You run quick routes since he just holds onto the ball way too long. You run draws, screens, pitchouts, some wildcat (yea I know but we’re desperate) throw in in few gimmick plays. Run Robbie in straight fly patterns, F it if he’s covered. Run Bell from the I and use a T as a FB. There are things Gase can do different. Could it be any worse?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

I think it’s fair to wonder why we don’t throw any slants or back shoulder passes, especially considering those are timing plays where the ball can come out quickly and don’t require a ton of arm strength.  

To me it seems like we run too many screens and short WR bubbles. I hope that changes when sam is back but so far I don’t really see how our offense is innovative at all.  

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is = kacy rogers who was = to dennis thurman.  We all know who is running the show.  I am sure we will have people on here blaming him for the offense and dragging down hero gase.

Kacy Rodgers was actually the play caller though.  I'm not really sure which is really worse, but certainly not the same.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He is = kacy rogers who was = to dennis thurman.  We all know who is running the show.  I am sure we will have people on here blaming him for the offense and dragging down hero gase.

The Johnson budget does not include real money for a HC and 2 real Coordinators.  Loggains was the plug here.  

They are spending more money.  They waste alot of money on terminated contracts.  I don't think they are finished with wasted money.

I think Loggains is the designated Fall Guy who takes the bullet as a condition for Gase returning in 2020.  It would not surprise me if it was a part of the strategy.  

TBH, none of Gase's teams, as OC or HC, have looked as bad as the Jets.  I think that says something.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Tell us the plays you think a different coach would call.  The ines that would work that we haven't tried.  Because I'm thinking theyve tried just about everything,and they just don't work given the QB

Help us all out

Touches:  Bell 18, Rest of team 3.

They haven't come close to trying everything.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Kacy Rodgers was actually the play caller though.  I'm not really sure which is really worse, but certainly not the same.

ok, then he is Jeff Weeks.  What did he do for Rex and the Jets beyond scheduled foot massages?

31 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Touches:  Bell 18, Rest of team 3.

They haven't come close to trying everything.

Nah, I’m with you, I ignore Bell

Theyve thrown short, they’ve tried to throw longer, they mixed in Wild Cat.  Throwing to backs, yesterday they tried to get the ball to the WRs

what haven’t done that you think they should try?  That would be a match to a team with a scrub QB and a sieve of an OL

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Joewilly12 is RIGHT!!! You scheme around the limitations of the QB. Falk’s vision and awareness are terrible. You go shotgun every play. He is slow as sheet in his back drop. You protect the line as much as possible with an extra T at TE so you basically have a 6 front OL. You run quick routes since he just holds onto the ball way too long. You run draws, screens, pitchouts, some wildcat (yea I know but we’re desperate) throw in in few gimmick plays. Run Robbie in straight fly patterns, F it if he’s covered. Run Bell from the I and use a T as a FB. There are things Gase can do different. Could it be any worse?

I vote “Wonderboy” for HC of NYJ.

Can I do that?

I swear could you even get odds on?

1.  The Jets will replace John Idzik with an even worse GM?

2.  The Jets will replace Todd Bowles and staff with an even worse one?

Number 1 checks off and now it seems so does Number 2.

Accomplishing that is virtually impossible to do.  Planes should be colliding right this instant, trains jumping tracks, and the earth spinning off its axis. 

Or maybe the owners are just little sadists and giggle before each move they make “let’s see how much more we can f**k with the fans”...but even that can’t be it.  It really is beyond comprehension if 2 proves to be Affirmative.  1 definitely checks off.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Tell us the plays you think a different coach would call.  The ones that would work that we haven't tried.  Because I'm thinking theyve tried just about everything, and they just don't work given the QB

Help us all out

I’m hoping by year end, you will run out of excuses for our con coach.  I counted 122 excuses so far.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1