Quinnen Williams

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I know, I know, he sucks, the team sucks, everyone sucks except Ed Oliver, but I thought he was pretty damn good yesterday.

I counted 4 QB pressures for him.  Thought he held up well against the run too, but had a few miscues.

Not bad against an OL as good against the Eagles.

Quinnen Williams official stats were 4 tackles 1 assist

not bad and yes he probably got some hurries 

while we are discussing rookies, Giants DT Dexter Lawrence (17th overall) had another strip sack yesterday, his 2nd on the season to go with 3 tackles and another TFL 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Far too early to judge Quinnen.  I still think he’ll be a beast at some point down the road 

as long as he turns out better than Leonard Williams.

he’s been purposely dogging it for 3 years. He clearly wants off this team and it’s going to happen very soon. I wish they’d trade him before the deadline.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I wasn't impressed with him although you have to consider the Eagles have an excellent and large OL. I think Q needs another year in the weight room along with proper nutrition, 20lbs of muscle will help him. I will admit that I turned the game off in the 2nd half and Q could have looked better in the 4th quarter. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

IMO he's powerful and will get better. But probably isn't elite. He might turn out to be a good player and if healthy a ten year starter. He's not a Gholston. 

This is my line of thinking. Super powerful and his first initial contact can blow a OL guy back but he has to come off the block better if he wants sacks. He will be a good player. Idk about elite though. We just have to wait and see.

I don't want to bash him because he's only played 1 full game. But he was invisible out there for most of the day. yet again the Jets passed on an edge rusher in Josh Allen to take an interior lineman who they are trying to tell us can generate pressure on the QB. They did this with Leonard Williams and they did it again with Quinnen. It's only 1 game but he better be able to do what they told us he can do. 

Quinnen is a baby.  Lets see what he looks like next year after a full offseason in an nfl strength and conditioning program.

If he wants to be the best and dedicates himself to get bigger, stronger and improving his game, he can be really good.

If he wants to just get by on his God given ability and coast on the nice paychecks he is getting now, well we have another leonard williams on our hands.

• Upvote 3

I liked what I saw. I didn't  really focus on him, was looking at our OL more so but for a guy to come off the bench and get 4 tackles and 1 asst on a DL in a 3-4 is pretty good. Starters don't  get that many. Finding a DT that makes a lot of tackles is something rare. I know. I ay in a fantasy  league with IDP's and DT is a nightmare to get steady production from. A lot of guys just clog things up or just rush. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Quinnen is a baby.  Lets see what he looks like next year after a full offseason in an nfl strength and conditioning program.

If he wants to be the best and dedicates himself to get bigger, stronger and improving his game, he can be really good.

If he wants to just get by on his God given ability and coast on the nice paychecks he is getting now, well we have another leonard williams on our hands.

"Best player in the draft" needs to get in the weight room before we actually can evaluate him. 

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This might have been true 10 years ago but do you really think Bama doesn’t have a legitimate strength and conditioning program and nutrition?  

Q got pushed around a little in the first half yesterday but also made some plays. Let’s give him a few games before we reach a judgement. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

"Best player in the draft" needs to get in the weight room before we actually can evaluate him. 

These are babies dude.  Look at christian macaffery.  After his rookie year he completely changed his body and is now the best rb in the league.

These kids dont understand what they are getting into no matter how many coaches etc tell them what to expected.  And his position is highly dependent on strength.  NFL training and condition for year 2 will do wonders for him.  If he cares that is.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't want to bash him because he's only played 1 full game. But he was invisible out there for most of the day. yet again the Jets passed on an edge rusher in Josh Allen to take an interior lineman who they are trying to tell us can generate pressure on the QB. They did this with Leonard Williams and they did it again with Quinnen. It's only 1 game but he better be able to do what they told us he can do. 

If he was invisible to you, that's interesting.  He Didn't dominate by any stretch, not sure he was anywhere close to invisible. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

You don’t have to be a sack guy or a big stat guy to be a good player on D. Esp if you are good enough to get double teamed. This guy is prob in this category. 

You don't need to spend the #3 overall pick on a guy who's job it is to get double teams.

Though, I'm still hopeful he can be more than that.

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This might have been true 10 years ago but do you really think Bama doesn’t have a legitimate strength and conditioning program and nutrition?  

Q got pushed around a little in the first half yesterday but also made some plays. Let’s give him a few games before we reach a judgement. 

When your a baby and your body is still growing iys tough.

And these guys are so talented they can half ass it in a collge weight room and still be great.  But u cannot get away w that in the nfl.

• WTF? 1

51 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I know, I know, he sucks, the team sucks, everyone sucks except Ed Oliver, but I thought he was pretty damn good yesterday.

I counted 4 QB pressures for him.  Thought he held up well against the run too, but had a few miscues.

Agreed, he also would've had his first sack but he whiffed when Wentz ducked in the pocket

58 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

no one cares

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He did not dominate the game. I saw him get some pressure. Invisible might be too strong but he was not winning his matchups most of the time. 

Nah, there’s almost no gap between invisible and dominating.  Spot on analysis imho.