Quinnen Williams

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

See, that's the part I take issue with.  We have his college tape.  We have his measurables.  We have practice reports.  We don't have much NFL tape, but we've seen a bit of what type of player he is.

With all that evidence, we KNOW he's not going to be the next Aaron Donald.  Not a chance in hell.  And we knew that before he was drafted too.  Why?  Because athleticism matters when it comes to pass-rushing DT's.  Aaron Donald was off the charts in that area before he played a single NFL down.  Quinnen is merely an above average athlete, and everything we're seeing out of him so far suggest he's a lot closer to Leonard Williams than he is Aaron Donald.

we've also seen 2 games where he basically went right over the center.  he's more than just above average.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

See, that's the part I take issue with.  We have his college tape.  We have his measurables.  We have practice reports.  We don't have much NFL tape, but we've seen a bit of what type of player he is.

With all that evidence, we KNOW he's not going to be the next Aaron Donald.  Not a chance in hell.  And we knew that before he was drafted too.  Why?  Because athleticism matters when it comes to pass-rushing DT's.  Aaron Donald was off the charts in that area before he played a single NFL down.  Quinnen is merely an above average athlete, and everything we're seeing out of him so far suggest he's a lot closer to Leonard Williams than he is Aaron Donald.

I'm not even a guy who wanted the Jets to take QW in the draft. I wanted Josh Allen, and would've gone with Oliver over Q. 

I never get what I wish for though. If I did, Greg Williams would've become our HC, Mayfield would be a Jet, and so would Allen. But it is what it is. I root for the Jets, so I find myself hoping you guys are right about Darnold, and that QW becomes a better player then Allen or Oliver. Gase? eh...

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Look, I'm not saying players don't disappoint (Leo), or bust, but can we give QW more then 4 games into the season before we decide what he's going to be?

At this point nobody has a clue what he'll be. He could be Aaron Donald, he could be terrible. Most likely he's going to be closer to the former then the latter, but can we at least wait a few minutes and see before we go all JN on him? 

Yes we do.  You can watch him play.  

He's simply not explosive enough.  You can see it already, he hasn't shown the burst to be able to put a consistent pressure on the QB up the middle.  

It's very hard to do, which is why so few people can do it. 

I think he'll be a solid player but not a person that will disrupt games - which is what you expect from a 3rd pick DT overall. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

32 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Nah, don't bother, nut.

Most of the board has decreed, in their infinite wisdom, he's at best a jag, most probably a bust 4 games into his career. Because Leo.

They know all. Much more then "the experts who actually do the rating players for a living" thing, who had him as a top 3 prospect in this draft. But hey, these guys know better. Already. We should listen.

My favorite is he plays a non premium position.  Then talk about Oliver, forget all the defensive game changers who played the position

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

t's almost as if playing alongside a bunch of future NFL Pro Bowlers under Nick Saban makes a prospect look better than he is or something. 

b4 i caem to this joint i warned about this for years....      the EXCEPTION is that a Bama D player is above average, very exceptional that they are elite....     its like 15 to 1....     I always advised to steer clear.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Nah, don't bother, nut.

Most of the board has decreed, in their infinite wisdom, he's at best a jag, most probably a bust 4 games into his career. Because Leo.

They know all. Much more then "the experts who actually do the rating players for a living" thing, who had him as a top 3 prospect in this draft. But hey, these guys know better. Already. We should listen.

My track record > any of the experts

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes we do.  You can watch him play.  

He's simply not explosive enough.  You can see it already, he hasn't shown the burst to be able to put a consistent pressure on the QB up the middle.  

It's very hard to do, which is why so few people can do it. 

I think he'll be a solid player but not a person that will disrupt games - which is what you expect from a 3rd pick DT overall. 

You have seen him play parts of 2 games as a rookie. Give him a couple of more games before passing final judgement. Thinking Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Upvote 2

It's too early to judge any rookie but with that being said he has so far not flashed at all. You don't draft a DT at #3 to have pressures. You draft him that high to sack the QB. That's why Leo has been an abject failure with the Jets and they should have moved on from him before the draft when they were getting mid round comp offered for him. 

• Upvote 2

Quinnen has lots of baby fat and there’s no one rushing from the outside. He seems pretty capable of getting a push on the interior, so it’s possible he becomes Fletcher Cox in a year or two. Agreed with other dudes in this thread that drafting a DT was lame given all the needs, but I don’t think Quinnen is a guy you regret drafting three years from now.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

who tf are the dudes who do ratings for a living? talking heads.

Leo best player in draft?

Q best player in draft?

anyone who said or claimed either of these things is an ass and not good at evaluating football players.

“Best Player In the draft is simply lazy code for “safest pick.” The “draft expert” pool is now flooded with 22 year-old shut-ins who get paid to blog about this crap, and they all like to gin up hot takes about certain players, which then gets into the bloodstream and then it becomes the conventional wisdom that, like, Daniel Jones has no arm, or that Leonard Williams is Reggie White. The draftnik community straight up fanned on Aaron Donald in the first place, so whenever you see that comp, realize that it’s just overcorrection. McShay and Matt Miller gave birth to these dopes, which has ruined the entire industry.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

a pop Warner coach could have told you the problems with the Jets drafting yet another 3 technique DT. It’s about redundancy and poor roster management. In the heat of the moment, everyone ignored those concerns in lieu of— UK

All of sudden we’re watching our QBs getting fisted like it’s Halloween at a swingers party and people are starting to understand that it doesn’t fcking matter who QW is, we ought to have gone in a different direction for the betterment of the team. “Move the needle on the field” and all that 

Halloween at a swingers party? Does that come with my season tickets? How many Jets rewards points are needed to get a ticket? And I assume Rex and Michele Ryan will be in attendance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

aaron donald has 1 sack and has played all games this year.

had 1 sack in his forst 5 rookie games.

in no way am i projecting anything ONTO Q. 

he's barely played so far....       i've no idea what he'll be, honestly. 

naturally...    a shadow of a hint of a semblance of an ember of a hope is there....   beneath all my cynicism

59 minutes ago, Welp said:

Jets fans have PTSD with DTs. Unless they're performing like Aaron Donald and JJ Watt right out they gate they are a bust and should be cut immediately. 

Not Surprising when a team takes a DT with 4 first round picks in 8 drafts and the Jets have a losing record since drafting Mo, with only 1 winning season in 8 since the first round DT insanity started, with people expecting different results with QW (definition of insanity)

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

It's too early to judge any rookie but with that being said he has so far not flashed at all. You don't draft a DT at #3 to have pressures. You draft him that high to sack the QB. That's why Leo has been an abject failure with the Jets and they should have moved on from him before the draft when they were getting mid round comp offered for him. 

actually 3 plays in parts of 1 full game and 1/2 of another, Buffalo he ran over the center and stuffed a run, yesterday missed sack and caused a holding call. Those are flashes enough to say the jury is out

I love the hilarious downgrading of sacks when a player can't sack the QB.

Sacks almost always end a drive

Sacks have the chance to cause a turnover.

Sacks cause opposing teams to change their game plan.

The people that down grade sacks can't get sacks and it's used as an excuse as for people who can't get to the friggin QB.

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Between this and the pink crocs, I feel like I want to hang out with you in real life, but in a totally hetero way

Fear and Loathing with Paradis and Shane. Where standards and sobriety don’t exist. 

This is what I offer you.  

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Between this and the pink crocs, I feel like I want to hang out with you in real life, but in a totally hetero way

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fear and Loathing with Paradis and Shane. Where standards and sobriety don’t exist. 

This is what I offer you.  

Smells like sex in here 

7 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't want to bash him because he's only played 1 full game. But he was invisible out there for most of the day. yet again the Jets passed on an edge rusher in Josh Allen to take an interior lineman who they are trying to tell us can generate pressure on the QB. They did this with Leonard Williams and they did it again with Quinnen. It's only 1 game but he better be able to do what they told us he can do. 

Smh...

this place is absurd. 

• Sympathy 1