Quinnen Williams

Just now, jetstream23 said:

To be fair, Quinnen Williams needs just one more sack to tie Aaron Donald this season.

(In other words, let's not go crazy about a rookie's performance so far on a bad team where he's been limited due to injury.)

We need rookie difference makers not JAG's 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

I am usually just an observer here but....The number 3 draft pick MUST be a difference maker, regardless of position they are drafted for. We can argue, and mostly agree, that we should have drafted an edge rusher instead of an interior lineman... that’s on the crappy GM we had. But at 3, Q better play the position better than most. Having said that he has had 1 game. To be fair the jury is out. But to have high expectations of a 3 pick is justified. We saw some good things from him Sunday, but he needs to come up the learning curve quickly to justify his draft spot. Like.... not letting a QB duck under you. JJ Watt doesn’t let that happen. Q I wish you all the best in validating your high draft pick!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GuitarJet said:

I am usually just an observer here but....The number 3 draft pick MUST be a difference maker, regardless of position they are drafted for. We can argue, and mostly agree, that we should have drafted an edge rusher instead of an interior lineman... that’s on the crappy GM we had. But at 3, Q better play the position better than most. Having said that he has had 1 game. To be fair the jury is out. But to have high expectations of a 3 pick is justified. We saw some good things from him Sunday, but he needs to come up the learning curve quickly to justify his draft spot. Like.... not letting a QB duck under you. JJ Watt doesn’t let that happen. Q I wish you all the best in validating your high draft pick!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

In the game last week, he blew up the pocket a few times and Eagles OL is among the best in the league, especially Kelce. Cowboys have a good line but their 2 tackles are out. I bet GW finds a way to get a lot of pressure on Dak... And although not shown in the statistics, the Jets are still one of the best run defenses in the league. I think they can stop Elliot and force Dak to beat them. If they can get some pressure with Jenkins and Copeland back and Baby Williams playing even better I think the Jets can limit Cowboys severely.

But I agree... Second week back from injury... #3 in the Draft... highly touted as the 2nd best player in the draft... he has to be a game wrecker or its a failed pick 

31 minutes ago, RobR said:

He'll never be worth the draft slot but he'll end up a much better player than Leo. I know it's not saying much but QW is a much better athlete and light years ahead of Leo when it comes to get-off.

Yep. Leo is a below average athlete, QW is not. 

43 minutes ago, RobR said:

He'll never be worth the draft slot but he'll end up a much better player than Leo. I know it's not saying much but QW is a much better athlete and light years ahead of Leo when it comes to get-off.

It's almost impossible to live up to being picked in the Top 5.  Invariably you end up with one or two busts, one or two good to very good players and maybe two great ones.  It's really hard to live up to the pick because there are always at least a dozen guys taken in the rest of Round 1 or Round 2 who turn out to be better.

Here are a few recent drafts that probably reflect this...

888821811_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_39_34PM.png.5652beb9daa0ffc8a44b192e5e9d65e9.png

656029338_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_39_09PM.png.817cf0b10fa60822f41c1b6001abb42e.png

1005756117_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_38_51PM.png.1da68f091598125be0fe23a082d3eed4.png

2115027379_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_38_34PM.png.96f57e4fced6354b41f05c327d12e79e.png

That's a mix of elite players, very good ones not worth a Top 5 pick, and several busts.

• Upvote 2

I don’t get you guys.  The only other real option at 3 was Josh Allen who has been okay so far.

You can argue Oliver but he and QW when healthy are about equal.  

And where are all the “let’s trade down for Jonah” people who knew everything?

• Upvote 2

QW played 1 1/2 weeks and look good he is no where near a jag. He will only improve but is already better than Leo. This fan base is crazy if his play is not all pro from first game he’s a jag is just insane.

18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We need rookie difference makers not JAG's 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

QW played 1 1/2 weeks and look good he is no where near a jag. He will only improve but is already better than Leo. This fan base is crazy if his play is not all pro from first game he’s a jag is just insane.

Actions speak louder than words, looking forward to seeing QW become a game changer hopefully not another DeWayne-Robertson

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t get you guys.  The only other real option at 3 was Josh Allen who has been okay so far.

You can argue Oliver but he and QW when healthy are about equal.  

And where are all the “let’s trade down for Jonah” people who knew everything?

The jets should have traded down whether it was for jonah or not they should have done it even for lesser than book value.

Olivers metrics are much better than Quinnens, Oliver was more than a one year wonder.  Oliver was not playing on a stacked team.

Mac should have traded down, taken oliver or a CB or a guy like Burns whatever.  He should not have drafted yet another DT in the mold of all our other DTs that have had limited success here.

I would have traded right out of the 1st for future picks.

Chris johnston giving mac one last draft to F'ck up was as unforgivable as if he had let bowles had another year.

15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's almost impossible to live up to being picked in the Top 5.  Invariably you end up with one or two busts, one or two good to very good players and maybe two great ones.  It's really hard to live up to the pick because there are always at least a dozen guys taken in the rest of Round 1 or Round 2 who turn out to be better.

Here are a few recent drafts that probably reflect this...

888821811_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_39_34PM.png.5652beb9daa0ffc8a44b192e5e9d65e9.png

656029338_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_39_09PM.png.817cf0b10fa60822f41c1b6001abb42e.png

1005756117_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_38_51PM.png.1da68f091598125be0fe23a082d3eed4.png

2115027379_ScreenShot2019-10-09at8_38_34PM.png.96f57e4fced6354b41f05c327d12e79e.png

That's a mix of elite players, very good ones not worth a Top 5 pick, and several busts.

Whoa, are you saying that Blake Bortles' talent doesn't so far eclipse all other players drafted that it doesn't make him a good pick?