Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

Darron Lee

Recommended Posts

This is news?

Sheldon Richardson (#1/#13) has 5 sacks in 2+ seasons since leaving the Jets.

Muhammad Wilkerson (#1/#30) played 3 games last year, had no sacks, and best as I can see hasn't played this year.

Would we all like to guess how Leo Williams (#1/#6) will do after he leaves the Jets?

Should we repost our generation of Defensive Draft Fails now too?  Should we ponder the careers of all the various Ghosts (#1/#6), Wilson (#1/#29), Coples (#1/#16), Milliner (#1/#9), Pryor (#1/#18) that came before?

10 of the last 12 #1 picks spent on Defense.  2 of them are still Jets.  Only one is currently any good at all (Adams).

Should we ponder if Adams (#1/#6) broke the cycle? 

Or if the newest Williams (#1/#3) is going to be better, or impact enough, or just be the same old endless cycle of Jets 1st round Defense fails of the past forever it seems,......?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

5 games, 1 start.  14 tackles (10 solo), 0 sacks, 0 PD's, 0 TFL's, 0 QB Hits.  

He is exactly what we thought he was:  A guy who couldn't net a 5th round pick.  

Big Maccccc

Unbelievable.

Didn't Manish just send out a tweet saying we really can use this guy?

Not sure why I still follow him. Just constant Gase-bashing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Unbelievable.

Didn't Manish just send out a tweet saying we really can use this guy?

Not sure why I still follow him. Just constant Gase-bashing.

 

The one likable thing about Gase:  He clearly doesn't give Manish the time of day.  And if Manish doesn't like him, that's a good thing.  

Too bad Manish caused the Jets not to hire Doug Marrone.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Muhammad Wilkerson (#1/#30) played 3 games last year, had no sacks, and best as I can see hasn't played this year.

He's on the street might be worth a second chance for vet minimum. :D

What happened to him he was once a dominate DL man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

The one likable thing about Gase:  He clearly doesn't give Manish the time of day.  And if Manish doesn't like him, that's a good thing.  

Too bad Manish caused the Jets not to hire Doug Marrone.  

While in Philly yesterday, my brother in law put on the local eagles station, and guess who they had on? Manish! He was slamming Gase non stop. The guy who sucked Bowles ass for 4 years. Get Lost manish.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

While in Philly yesterday, my brother in law put on the local eagles station, and guess who they had on? Manish! He was slamming Gase non stop. The guy who sucked Bowles ass for 4 years. Get Lost manish.

maneesh sets them up so he can bust them down.  these clowns are all the same.  i doubt if people buy the news to read maneesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to stray off topic here, but KC has a pretty bad defense. As good as Mahomes and the rest of the offense is, that team is no lock for a Super Bowl.

The Colts pushed them around last night pretty easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

5 games, 1 start.  14 tackles (10 solo), 0 sacks, 0 PD's, 0 TFL's, 0 QB Hits.  

He is exactly what we thought he was:  A guy who couldn't net a 5th round pick.  

Big Maccccc

If KC aint winning the opposition will seek him out and run at him....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what we're saying is that, despite an apparent inability to coach, GM Gase's roster move was better than pretty much any yet made by his predecessor or successor?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

if the newest Williams (#1/#3) is going to be better, or impact enough, or just be the same old endless cycle of Jets 1st round Defense fails of the past forever it seems,......?

highly improbable, nearly impossible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

This is news?

Sheldon Richardson (#1/#13) has 5 sacks in 2+ seasons since leaving the Jets.

Muhammad Wilkerson (#1/#30) played 3 games last year, had no sacks, and best as I can see hasn't played this year.

Would we all like to guess how Leo Williams (#1/#6) will do after he leaves the Jets?

Should we repost our generation of Defensive Draft Fails now too?  Should we ponder the careers of all the various Ghosts (#1/#6), Wilson (#1/#29), Coples (#1/#16), Milliner (#1/#9), Pryor (#1/#18) that came before?

10 of the last 12 #1 picks spent on Defense.  2 of them are still Jets.  Only one is currently any good at all (Adams).

Should we ponder if Adams (#1/#6) broke the cycle? 

Or if the newest Williams (#1/#3) is going to be better, or impact enough, or just be the same old endless cycle of Jets 1st round Defense fails of the past forever it seems,......?

Mo Wilk won the Jets lottery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are LBs who can be argued to be worth the 20th pick in the first round.  In that draft there were few impact players worth that pick.  In retrospect it would have been Myles Jack, Cody Whitehair, or Will Fuller.  

Roquan Smith, Devin White, Devin Bush-maybe guys like that are worth that pick.  Deion Jones-how about that?

Darron Lee is not worth any pick.  Mac and Bowles were just so, so useless, and regardless of who the coach is I would not expect this to be turned around soon.,  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pac said:

puke worthy thread... 

Maybe for the folks who were arguing Macc left Gase with a playoff roster, I suppose.  

I'm sure there would have been a thread lamenting the loss of Lee and bashing Gase if he was lighting it up in KC.  Several here thought he'd do well with the Chiefs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

This is news?

Sheldon Richardson (#1/#13) has 5 sacks in 2+ seasons since leaving the Jets.

Muhammad Wilkerson (#1/#30) played 3 games last year, had no sacks, and best as I can see hasn't played this year.

Would we all like to guess how Leo Williams (#1/#6) will do after he leaves the Jets?

Should we repost our generation of Defensive Draft Fails now too?  Should we ponder the careers of all the various Ghosts (#1/#6), Wilson (#1/#29), Coples (#1/#16), Milliner (#1/#9), Pryor (#1/#18) that came before?

10 of the last 12 #1 picks spent on Defense.  2 of them are still Jets.  Only one is currently any good at all (Adams).

Should we ponder if Adams (#1/#6) broke the cycle? 

Or if the newest Williams (#1/#3) is going to be better, or impact enough, or just be the same old endless cycle of Jets 1st round Defense fails of the past forever it seems,......?

Machine gun Warfish with the 100 round clip. Hard to debate this.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He's on the street might be worth a second chance for vet minimum. :D

What happened to him he was once a dominate DL man. 

He got paid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He's on the street might be worth a second chance for vet minimum. :D

What happened to him he was once a dominate DL man. 

Dominant.  

He had a serious ankle fracture week 3 of 2018 and needed surgery.  There was talk that he was going back to the Packers, but he got a DWI. .09 on the breathalyzer.  Not sure why he isn't signed yet.  It is possible he has residual injury issues, or that there is more to this minor DUI than we thought.  It is also possible that Pettine remembered him showing up late to meetings and told them to pass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dominant.  

He had a serious ankle fracture week 3 of 2018 and needed surgery.  There was talk that he was going back to the Packers, but he got a DWI. .09 on the breathalyzer.  Not sure why he isn't signed yet.  It is possible he has residual injury issues, or that there is more to this minor DUI than we thought.  It is also possible that Pettine remembered him showing up late to meetings and told them to pass.  

Who knows I've seen him out in public at Target and Home Depot he lives next town over from me. 

What a way to waste an NFL football career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neville Hewitt is 10 times the player is. He showed that last year when he was suspended also.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Another non premium position player that Macc drafted in the 1st round. DT's, ILB's, and safeties in a league where you win with QB's, O-Linemen, edge defenders, and corners. 

Yeah but when you pick “premium” position players, if they bust the failure by the person who made the pick is much much more glaring.  

Maccagnan may be dumber than a box of rocks, but in true office drone fashion he knows enough as to stringing the process out which in turn scores more paychecks for himself....and picking either the Consensus player or a player who can hide in broad daylight, much like his own tenure he spent mostly with his door locked, virtually no interaction with the rest of the FO, and almost none of his so called “GM” (that’s in quotes since he never was one) peers even knowing who Maccagnan was....targeting premium positions was NEVER part of his plan, which was for himself to stay employed, the Jets future?  Never much part of the equation.  Was easy to see that, because there never was even the slightest coherent Plan.  Just throw sh*t against a wall and go hide in the basement and cash his checks...if DT was the Consensus pick in the 1st Rd he would have drafted it 20 years straight if allowed.  The ONLY time he looked at a QB in the 1st Rd was when his back was finally (albeit way late) to the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Warfish said:

This is news?

Sheldon Richardson (#1/#13) has 5 sacks in 2+ seasons since leaving the Jets.

Muhammad Wilkerson (#1/#30) played 3 games last year, had no sacks, and best as I can see hasn't played this year.

Would we all like to guess how Leo Williams (#1/#6) will do after he leaves the Jets?

Should we repost our generation of Defensive Draft Fails now too?  Should we ponder the careers of all the various Ghosts (#1/#6), Wilson (#1/#29), Coples (#1/#16), Milliner (#1/#9), Pryor (#1/#18) that came before?

10 of the last 12 #1 picks spent on Defense.  2 of them are still Jets.  Only one is currently any good at all (Adams).

Should we ponder if Adams (#1/#6) broke the cycle? 

Or if the newest Williams (#1/#3) is going to be better, or impact enough, or just be the same old endless cycle of Jets 1st round Defense fails of the past forever it seems,......?

Off topic question: why do you have the Walgreens logo as your avatar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Off topic question: why do you have the Walgreens logo as your avatar?

1200px-Washington_Nationals_logo.svg.png

 

Just got back from the NLDS Game 4, Nats win!  Nats win!  Epic Zimmerman home run, Max pitching like the HOF'er he is.

The Nats just gave me what the Jets seem to be unable to for years now, a legit, worthy, sports experience. :-D My God that was a fun night.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1200px-Washington_Nationals_logo.svg.png

 

Just got back from the NLDS Game 4, Nats win!  Nats win!  Epic Zimmerman home run, Max pitching like the HOF'er he is.

The Nats just gave me what the Jets seem to be unable to for years now, a legit, worthy, sports experience. :-D My God that was a fun night.

 

received_393471318259463.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Neville Hewitt is 10 times the player is. He showed that last year when he was suspended also.  

Lee was garbage here and now he’s a garbage benchwarmer in Kansas City

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

 

received_393471318259463.jpeg

I guess the rangers still own the senators rights I mean the name nationals is kinda lame but then again ditto for all of the Washington teams except Capitals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I guess the rangers still own the senators rights I mean the name nationals is kinda lame but then again ditto for all of the Washington teams except Capitals

Not sure really, Twins were the Original Senators.  Then the Rangers.  I thought they (the Rangers) did (we own Expos, lol) but we do have a ton of original era Senators stuff and names about the stadium.

Regardless, nothing can dent my mood tonight,  That Nats win was excellent, best time I've had watching sports in a long time.

P.S. Redskins and Wizards are horrible names.  I like Nats.  Caps is good too. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not sure really, Twins were the Original Senators.  Then the Rangers.  I thought they (the Rangers) did (we own Expos, lol) but we do have a ton of original era Senators stuff and names about the stadium.

Regardless, nothing can dent my mood tonight,  That Nats win was excellent, best time I've had watching sports in a long time.

P.S. Redskins and Wizards are horrible names.  I like Nats.  Caps is good too. 

Wizards is a such a dumb name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...