Protest this team

drcgull

3 hours ago, drcgull said:

I am a PSL/ season ticket holder. Is there any way to organize the season ticket holders to show their displeasure by not showing up and not selling your tickets to a game. It would really make a statement to have the stadium 75 percent empty. 

This makes no sense. The tickets are sold. The TV money is coming in regardless. People have to not go and that is going to help? The team is getting paid either way, no reason for fans to not go. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, drcgull said:

I am a PSL/ season ticket holder. Is there any way to organize the season ticket holders to show their displeasure by not showing up and not selling your tickets to a game. It would really make a statement to have the stadium 75 percent empty. 

Great idea.  The only way to get our owners attention is to stop going.  That place needs to be empty and they'll get the picture.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Lolz what? I am a season ticket holder and go to about six a year. You are absolutely blind if you think the number is 10%. I havent seen it that low in YEARS. Its at least 40% any given week and 50% most weeks.

Try moving out of the visitors section.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

There will be 65% Cowboy fans in Met Life this week..... won’t have to do anything 

Whoa is me my team makes me sad we play in New Jersey not New York we should have our own stadium in Manhattan Woody sell the team bring back Fireman Ed we need to fire Adam Gase PSL's were a rip off the stadium is filled with enemy fans season ticket holders don't make enough noise we should have signed Tim Tebow last week the new uniforms suck my wife doesn't love me my dog is dying I hate my life but the Jets suck more than me so they are allowed to depress me further.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

13 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I feel sorry for PSL holders.... this is a shlt show of major proportion and I agree. I won’t wear any Jets stuff that I own as long as this is the JETS

Tough noogies !!! They were stupid enough to pay for the PSLs (even though they are really extortion) so they must suffer the consequences . 

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

This makes no sense. The tickets are sold. The TV money is coming in regardless. People have to not go and that is going to help? The team is getting paid either way, no reason for fans to not go. 

Then sell to opposing fans.  Agreed that the system is set up to "NOT" penalize bad teams and THAT is unfortunate. BUT we as fans need to do something to let Woody know this is totally unacceptable. The Rays in Florida get decimated EVERY year as their free agents leave. They have very low attendance but they field a competitive team.  Same with the Lightning. Lightning is owned by Peter Vinick, he lets the GM run the show. 

50 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Tough noogies !!! They were stupid enough to pay for the PSLs (even though they are really extortion) so they must suffer the consequences . 

Yes, we're all very worried about $8,000 we spent 11 years ago.  PSL's.  LOL.  I bet you spent more on cigarettes and cheap beer.  And the Jets haven't raised our ticket prices since 2009 which more than offsets the PSL outlay.  Much ado about nothing.  But we're enjoying the best seats in the house thank you very much.

SAR I

I am not a STH, and the past few days I have had a rep reach out to me about buying in to some "great package deals" for our upcoming home games.

I replied to the email saying, that until this team finds a way to be competitive, on the field I would not be interested in any packages or single game tickets, even if they were for $1 a piece.

I wasn't a jerk, but also want them to know that even lower priced tickets wont get me to a game if the team continues to be subpar.  Does ti makes a difference, probably not, but I hope others relay the same message and opinion.

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, drcgull said:

Yeah, that will show them.  Have then collect your money and then hold your breath to make them notice we're losing.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Titan24 said:

There will be 65% Cowboy fans in Met Life this week..... won’t have to do anything 

We could be 4-0 and there would be a lot of Cowboy fans there.

They come out of the woodwork, especially when theyve won a few games.  Just the way it is, like Steeler fans

Despite the financial aspect, it would be a PR nightmare of monumental proportions.  The team would be a laughingstock, even more so than they are now.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the corporate seats coupled with the TV revenue makes no showing irrelevant unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Despite the financial aspect, it would be a PR nightmare of monumental proportions.  The team would be a laughingstock, even more so than they are now.

The Jets are irrelevant. Unless something criminal were to happen with a player or employee no one nationally cares about anything about the Jets right now, which is actually probably good for business. Gase takes the heat locally, Douglas and the owner have disappeared. Business as usual.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, we're all very worried about $8,000 we spent 11 years ago.  PSL's.  LOL.  I bet you spent more on cigarettes and cheap beer.  And the Jets haven't raised our ticket prices since 2009 which more than offsets the PSL outlay.  Much ado about nothing.  But we're enjoying the best seats in the house thank you very much.

SAR I

You enjoy going 1.5 to 2 hours each way (most people), probably paying a bridge toll, bumper to bumper traffic, parking fees, $8 beer $8 hot dogs and THEN watch us field a team that could lose to Penn State?   Its hard to watch on TV let alone go to that Shlt show.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I feel sorry for PSL holders.... this is a shlt show of major proportion and I agree. I won’t wear any Jets stuff that I own as long as this is the JETS. We have been a bottom 3 team for years and a bottom third team for 50 years.  

Woody is a boob and Chris is right behind him. 

You are a quitter.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, drcgull said:

You are delusional.  The Jets don't care.  THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR TICKET REVENUE!  There have been hundreds of games with the stadium half empty or filled with opposing colors.  It changes NOTHING.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

The best way to recruit a hot head coaching candidate next year is to fire your head coach this year.  After 4 games.  Stuck with a third-string quarterback.

Mets fans are idiots.  Just idiots.

SAR I

Dude...  you like to classify all the stupid Jets fans (and there are many) as Mets fans.  Got news for you buddy.  Plenty of Jets-Yankees fans say the same stupid things.  I know plenty of them.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Get over it.  It's stupid and petty of you.  Because your football team sucks, you love to piss on other Jets fans other allegiances.  Makes you feel better, huh?  How about  Knicks fans?  Want to piss on Knicks fans too?  Screw that.  It makes you look petty and, frankly, not so smart.  Do yourself a favor and stick to football here.  JMO.  carry on.

So are you guys protesting Darnolds spleen or the chick that game him Mono? Otherwise I have no idea who or why you'd be protesting. 

I guess you could go to the Dunkin that Macc is spending his days at and protest since he's the dumb ass who had over $100 million and still left the offensive line and CB group in shambles with no depth.

Ownership laid out over $100 million cash this off-season to free agents. Nobody could project Darnold would get ******* Mono. Let's see how the next 4 games go with him at QB before you break out the pitchforks.

4 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Yes whoa is me.  Dr. SARbot has diagnosed our illness as self hating psychosis.  We could wallow in it or we can live in make believe land with Dr. SARbot where the 0-4 Jets are ‘really’ 3-1!  Where we’re going to the playoffs!  Where PSL are great investments!  Where the Jets are a great organization because they give out great relocation packages!

’I’ll have what he’s having!’

Again, my personal PSL's are a good investment, not everyone made such a wise decision on their location/gameday ticket price.

The Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008 and have relocated PSL owners to different sections on request, both very nice gestures from a $4 billion dollar enterprise.

The Jets are 0-4 but have 3-1 talent, if Darnold and Mosley were healthy we'd have beaten the Bills, Browns, and gave the Eagles a good fight.

If you are crushing on me this hard, PM me, buy a bus ticket, and let's do this for real. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

You enjoy going 1.5 to 2 hours each way (most people), probably paying a bridge toll, bumper to bumper traffic, parking fees, $8 beer $8 hot dogs and THEN watch us field a team that could lose to Penn State?   Its hard to watch on TV let alone go to that Shlt show.

The average season ticket holder for the average NFL team knows that during a 30 year commitment in order to get a 10 year run as a consistent playoff team and Super Bowl contender you've got to suffer through 20 years of bad football in that span.  49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, Giants, Packers, pick a great NFL franchise, that's how the math works out.

So, yeah, it wasn't fun the last 8 years watching the Jets implode.  But, yes, the future is bright and the season ticket holder's reward for those 8 years of wasted time and wasted money is that our dreams are going to come true very soon and that makes it worth every minute.  I'm a NY Rangers fan and I'm still buzzing off of the '94 Stanley Cup win; I actually don't need them to win another one to make my fandom for hockey complete.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

You are delusional.  The Jets don't care.  THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR TICKET REVENUE!  There have been hundreds of games with the stadium half empty or filled with opposing colors.  It changes NOTHING.

Nor should it.  We are on our way to consistent playoff contention.  What we look like right now with a third string quarterback means nothing.  What we thought we were back in August, we are.

SAR I