Jets will beat the Dallas Cowboys this Sunday

Alka

The Jets are going to get murdered for the next three games.  Plain and simple. 31-6 type games.

The next game where the Jets will appear to be at least competitive will be Miami.

And that's regardless of Darnold  returning or not. He wont be 100% when they throw him on the field and I'm sure he has lost a bunch of weight. No way he is ready for NFL level contact.

Sam Darnold will be back to feeling right again probably as the season is ending...

Heavy heavy heavy sigh.....another gut wrenching season dealing with this team.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 2

26 minutes ago, Alka said:

I predicted in a thread after the preseason New Orleans game that the Jets would win 7 games this year, 8 if everything went perfectly.  1/2 of the responses I got back agreed with me, and the other 1/2 said the Jets would win 9 or 10 or 11 games this year, and that I didn't know anything.

What has changed about this team from that time until now?  Yes, the injuries killed us, and we blew a game we should have won against the Bills at home.

Well, it seems that many of our players will be back this next Sunday, including Herndon who will give Darnold an extra target he didn't have at the beginning of the year.

The players and coaches have something to prove, and it is my belief that the mindset of the players will be emotionally high and we will see a different team at home this weekend.  The offensive line will have a reason to believe this game, and I believe that the level of play from this group will be different from the last couple games.

My advice:  Don't rule out the Jets just yet.  The Jets will not go 0-16, not even close.  

I expect not 1/2, but the great majority of this board to tell me I am lost, but I don't go along with the crowd, I go by what I see.

I agree... Jets destroy the Cowboys... Send a message with all their pent up anger... Then all the Homers on here will claim darnold is the best ever and all the gase haters will say cowboys we're overlooking the Jets... This is going to be the Detroit game from last year

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I agree... Jets destroy the Cowboys... Send a message with all their pent up anger... Then all the Homers on here will claim darnold is the best ever and all the gase haters will say cowboys we're overlooking the Jets... This is going to be the Detroit game from last year

Problem is Dallas ain't Detroit. Scumbags just lost, and have to keep pace with the Eagles. Dallas has something to prove Jets do too, but no one to help get it done. Dallas by 14.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

All I have to do is dream...dream dream dream...

This same board and same posters and same talk show hosts talked all last year before the season started that Detroit was going to wreck them. Yet they destroyed Detroit... It wasn't even close... Overlook the Jets all you want... 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Problem is Dallas ain't Detroit. Scumbags just lost, and have to keep pace with the Eagles. Dallas has something to prove Jets do too, but no one to help get it done. Dallas by 14.

Yes which is exactly why they lose.. They are going to come into metlife thinking that this is a get right game and breeze through the terrible Jets...

Jets show that Darnold was sick... He can play and the defense is actually really good

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

This same board and same posters and same talk show hosts talked all last year before the season started that Detroit was going to wreck them. Yet they destroyed Detroit... It wasn't even close... Overlook the Jets all you want... 

Yes. That was last year. We are 0-4.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't expect a win, but I think it'll be a fun one either way. I foresee a shootout with 2 angry teams, 1 that is finally getting everyone back and the other that has dropped back to back bad ones. We always play good ones with the Cowboys. It's the battle of the biggest stage in Football.

Just now, Skeptable said:

Yes which is exactly why they lose.. They are going to come into metlife thinking that this is a get right game and breeze through the terrible Jets... 

No they just lost to GB and Philly just beat us they will be at their Sunday best, although Dak sux.

I am sorry that its come to disillusionment on your part... Dallas is going to kick our asses, w or w/o  SD, TE, etc.   Then NE will kick our assess again and our record will be 0-6.... At this point their ineptitude is Kotitish actually, on second thought they maybe worse. 

BTW - I get no pleasure in writing the above ...

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, SOJ said:

I am sorry that its come to disillusionment on your part... Dallas is going to kick our asses, w or w/o  SD, TE, etc.   Then NE will kick our assess again and our record will be 0-6.... At this point their ineptitude is Kotitish actually, on second thought they maybe worse. 

BTW - I get no pleasure in writing the above ...

Your screen name fits... Dallas is trash... They haven't beaten anyone

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

And basically game 1 for Darnold... No different 

You're right about one thing.

Our team is terrible. Which it has been for a decade now, but at least once a year we pull off a crazy upset or another positive anomaly. For example: starting 3-2 in '17, beating the Pats in 13', and 15. Beating the Steelers in '14, Chiefs in '16. Detroit last year (and almost Houston+GB). With our terrible last month, we're bound for that oddity to arrive soon, and perhaps last a while. 

• Upvote 1

Just a quick question to those who feel the Jets are going to beat Dallas....what has the team displayed on the field to make you feel they are going to beat the Cowboys? 

sh*t I'm just hoping they are in the game when the 4th quarter starts.

Think I'm gonna go camping these next few Sundays and give this a break. You young guys wave the flag and keep things warm til draft day.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

You're right about one thing.

Our team is terrible. Which it has been for a decade now, but at least once a year we pull off a crazy upset or another positive anomaly. For example: starting 3-2 in '17, beating the Pats in 13', and 15. Beating the Steelers in '14, Chiefs in '16. Detroit last year (and almost Houston+GB). With our terrible last month, we're bound for that oddity to arrive soon, and perhaps last a while. 

I fully expect this... This weekend is the game... The Jets are overlooked... This team has no depth... Oline problems but win this one because they rally around Darnold /Mosley/herndon/Copeland return 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe the Breadman said:

Just a quick question to those who feel the Jets are going to beat Dallas....what has the team displayed on the field to make you feel they are going to beat the Cowboys? 

sh*t I'm just hoping they are in the game when the 4th quarter starts.

Think I'm gonna go camping these next few Sundays and give this a break. You young guys wave the flag and keep things warm til draft day.

Nothing... But they get their QB back which they haven't had yet

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Seriously... That's all you got... This whoa is me... SOJF moniker is at an all time high... It's insane... They were literally down 3 of the best 4 players on the team and get them all back this weekend... 

I would in most years agree with you. Maybe i have an extreme position on Gase, but i think he sucks, i don't think he has the ability to rally the team. That's why i'm skeptable, Skeptable, on what the jet's can do with those players back on Sunday.

• Thumb Down 1

If Darnold  playing then yes we have a chance of winning. The defense has played pretty well but they get gassed from being in the field too long. He can hopefully keep the offense on the field longer. 

biggest problem is dealing with the Dallas offensive line. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Good ,cause the Cowgirl D is going to try and kill the QB.

OK? So what... When he drops 2 dimes to RA streaking downfield because they left single coverage with no safety help... They are going to play defense like it's the same  thing we have been seeing for the last 3 weeks.. 

It's not... Totally different playbook with darnold back there... And do we all forget how good Mosley made this defense look

15 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I don't expect a win, but I think it'll be a fun one either way. I foresee a shootout with 2 angry teams, 1 that is finally getting everyone back and the other that has dropped back to back bad ones. We always play good ones with the Cowboys. It's the battle of the biggest stage in Football.

A shootout? The offense has scored 2 TD's in 4 games. 

• Haha 1