Jets hold players-only powwow to avoid nasty breaking point

42 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I have been a Jets fan since they won their lone SB and I have seen some AWFUL play from the Jets since then but I have never seen the Jets look like they did the first half of this last Eagles game.

Indeed in the Kotitie years, the team played very very poorly BUT they were deceptive, in that, they sort of imploded in games and seemed a step slower in terms of preparation then the other teams they played.... BUT YESTERDAY!

Yesterday was different, the TEAM STUNK, I MEAN WE STUNK!!!

The Jets for really the first time in my lifetime looked like there was no WAY on earth that they were a professional football team.  They were more reminiscent of the early 60's Mets Teams to me without any of the lovability (if there is such a word) that surrounded that team. We were a joke.....

It was embarrassing in the extreme......

And I don't care if "Joe the Hot Dog Vendor" was under center, you should look better than that on offense. 20 plus drives without getting a first down... Last in almost EVERY meaningful statistic that the NFL measures!!!!

Can anyone in their right mind imagine if Bell wasn't on the team!!! 

In truth if Bell wasn't out there, I feel like the Jets could have just forfeited from the beginning thereby avoiding risk of injury to innocent players and I have never felt like that before, ever.

So NO..................................................... Sam Darnold coming back can not cover this stench and no team should be this bad without one player.  Tom Brady couldn't turn this around by himself!

So no Gase shouldn't be fired yet, but if the Jets play like this when Darnold gets back, Gase should be on a very short leash, with one more season to go, cause yesterday's game had me yearning for Todd Bowles and that alone was MADNESS!!

Excellent post

Something is wrong in that building, yes Falk is awful, yes the OL has been putrid but these are professionals and this offense has not been NFL caliber, non competitive, not sure I have the words to describe it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NamathToCaster said:

Leo Williams and Ryan Kalil running the meeting and telling everyone that all is good. Lol.   Someone should have stood up and  called both of them out and told them both  to return their paychecks.  

They should both find a couple of mirrors to start having meaningful talks with all those players not doing their jobs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

At what point do the fans revolt?

No way can one guy cover this sh*t up, holy mother. It’s much worse than Kotite, go back have look at the scores. At least it was a contest.

I want it blown it up, the whole thing, trade anyone of value. 

I’d hold Darnold out till after the Pats game and make the Head Coach move after that.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Please ..it’s a shlt show and no meeting will change it. UNLESS they all chip in to put a contract out on Woody and Chris. 

Why would they do that?

The Jets are the ONLY place virtually ALL of them can play “pro” football.

Better sock away as much of Woody and Chris’ money now because after the NY Jet gravy train ride comes to an end it’s minimum wage time.  Over 90% of the Jet roster could play for no other team, maybe Canada, maybe not.

Just waiting for a made for TV movie “Searching for Mike Maccagnan”.  Has there been even a single sighting since Gase did the One and Done possibly only positive thing for the NYJ franchise he will do, getting that sack of sh*t fired.  You know what was about to happen as he dove under desks and out the back door in Houston with Casserly throwing him in the trunk, seconds before the Pink Slip was pushed at him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What you like about all of this is that there hasn’t been one leak with a grumbling douche player who’s anonymously blasting Gase or Falk or even Gregg Williams, and you know Manish is trying to find that one cockroach. It’s clear that the team knows the QB is non-competitive and it’s screwing the rest of the team. You really have to be encouraged by that, at least. The only apparent malcontent is The Prez, who’s currently on a shoe-gazing tour of self-pity and self-promotion. What a loser.

Wait for it; it is coming. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, jetsons said:

Third-string quarterback Luke Falk is not ready to play in the NFL, but the unit is also adjusting to Gase’s system.

There you have it.

Maybe Gase should adjust HIS system to get this offense going.

And I get it Falk is horrible but that’s Gases boy too. 

So far the Offensive game plans have not worked. 

Last night saw the 49ers with a 2 back set. Oh but that’s not Gases system. 

What if the Jets put 2 TE’s sets to help block.  Oh but that’s not Gases system. 

Is Gase willing to make adjustments in his system to get the Jets Offense going or is he a blockhead like Bowles who keeps doing the same thing every week expecting different results.

• Upvote 1

Gase is not going to change the offense because Luke Falk is NOT A STARTING QB! Luke Falk has no idea what the f*ck is going on, has zero pocket awareness, zero experience, zero arm strength, and he holds the ball for 7-10 seconds and he's most likely not even going to be a good NFL backup QB BUT let's practice a bunch of sh*t we won't run when Darnold gets back. 

Offense is a process. It's built like blocks over time, you don't CHANGE it in lost cause games. You guys actually believe that Gase & JD think this team has a chance with Luke Falk behind this ever changing Oline? Luke Falk would suck behind the Dallas Oline. This is NFL football & these guys knew immediately with this Oline a mess, Sam getting Mono & Simien getting his leg almost cracked in half that they were f*cked. 

You guys make it sound like Brady was a rookie when he took over in 2001. Did you watch the Pats early offense with Tom Brady? DINK & DUNK! Obviously 20 years later they can morph into whatever they want to be but you want Gase to get Luke Falk behind one of the worst Olines in football with a guy they just pulled off someone's practice squad, missing their starting TE, with literally 11 guys at the LOS, to GET CREATIVE in a week, lmao! We don't even have a #1 WR! We have a guy we traded for who was hurt for 2 weeks & barely even knows the offense in Thomas (a guy that's stop gap at most).

Last night, the 49ers took it to Baker Mayfield who has OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Njoku & Chubb! And the Browns have a better Oline right now than the Jets. Your expectations of what a coach can do under these circumstances are ridiculous. 

There are 12 games left in 2019. I'm going to judge by those games if Sam Darnold is back & behind center. The only thing I really know is that Darnold with Mono, actually had a better game against the Bills defense than Tom (20 years in the same offense) Brady had against them with much better skill players & a better offensive line. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What you like about all of this is that there hasn’t been one leak with a grumbling douche player who’s anonymously blasting Gase or Falk or even Gregg Williams, and you know Manish is trying to find that one cockroach. It’s clear that the team knows the QB is non-competitive and it’s screwing the rest of the team. You really have to be encouraged by that, at least. The only apparent malcontent is The Prez, who’s currently on a shoe-gazing tour of self-pity and self-promotion. What a loser.

But remember Gase has lost this team.

The meeting proves they don’t care 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, docdhc said:

Well feel free. It’s just that the qb you’re judging the offense on will probably never play another meaningful down soon. 

I’m not judging the play of Jamal Adams by looking at Falk. Or the immediate breakdown of pass protection by the OL. Or the “no effort” approach to football by Leo. It is entirely possible to evaluate and judge different parts of the team without shrugging and saying “oh well okay cuz Falk”.

• Upvote 1

Players only meeting with nothing to report about Adams,  so the pathetic unfaithful start pointing out that he is not mentioned in the article and conjure up some other negative comments about him being self promoting.   These dudes are Mehta followers for sure.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

But remember Gase has lost this team.

The meeting proves they don’t care 

Reasonable fans & players alike realize Adam Gase is not to blame for this 0-4 start. You win as a team & you lose as a team. You tell me a worse case start to a season like the Jets are experiencing. You tell me another team who before the season started lost a starting LB to IR, an OLB (Copeland) to suspension & their starting TE (Herndon) to suspension, than whose starting QB played sick out of the gate & their star MLB & 1st round draft pick DT got injured then, lost their backup QB to injury & Free Agent LG & OLB Jenkins & down to their 3rd string QB playing 2 teams vying for a Super Bowl bid THIS YEAR in the Pats & Eagles?

Of course these are all excuses but lets face it, the great Vince Lombardi or even a cheater like Bill Belichick ain't winning these games under these circumstances. The great Bill Parcells in 1999 went 8-8 when he had to turn to Ray Lucas and went 1-6 over the first 7 games. They had ALREADY had their systems in place in 1998, went 12-4 & went to the AFCCG! Started 1-6! His Oline consisted of Elliott-Jenkins-Mawae-Thomas-Fabini (much better Oline), Curtis Martin, Richie Anderson, Wayne Chrebet, Keyshawn Johnson & Dedrick Ward. 

Like I said- We have 12 games left. Take a step back, lets pray Sam Darnold comes back healthy & lets let this lost year play out & see what it looks like at the end of December. Breathe.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Reasonable fans & players alike realize Adam Gase is not to blame for this 0-4 start. You win as a team & you lose as a team. You tell me a worse case start to a season like the Jets are experiencing. You tell me another team who before the season started lost a starting LB to IR, an OLB (Copeland) to suspension & their starting TE (Herndon) to suspension, than whose starting QB played sick out of the gate & their star MLB & 1st round draft pick DT got injured then, lost their backup QB to injury & Free Agent LG are down to their 3rd string QB playing 2 teams vying for a Super Bowl bid THIS YEAR in the Pats & Eagles?

Of course these are all excuses but lets face it, the great Vince Lombardi or even a cheater like Bill Belichick ain't winning these games under these circumstances. The great Bill Parcells in 1999 went 8-8 when he had to turn to Ray Lucas and went 1-6 over the first 7 games. They had ALREADY had their systems in place in 1998, went 12-4 & went to the AFCCG! Started 1-6! His Oline consisted of Elliott-Jenkins-Mawae-Thomas-Fabini (much better Oline), Curtis Martin, Richie Anderson, Wayne Chrebet, Keyshawn Johnson & Dedrick Ward. 

Like I said- We have 12 games left. Take a step back, lets pray Sam Darnold comes back healthy & lets let this lost year play out & see what it looks like at the end of December. Breathe.

Message boards and call in radio shows bring in knee jerk reactions, its the way it is.  We have people who under these circumstances and 4 games into the season want the HC fired.  

Amazing

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Gase is not going to change the offense because Luke Falk is NOT A STARTING QB! Luke Falk has no idea what the f*ck is going on, has zero pocket awareness, zero experience, zero arm strength, and he holds the ball for 7-10 seconds and he's most likely not even going to be a good NFL backup QB BUT let's practice a bunch of sh*t we won't run when Darnold gets back. 

Offense is a process. It's built like blocks over time, you don't CHANGE it in lost cause games. You guys actually believe that Gase & JD think this team has a chance with Luke Falk behind this ever changing Oline? Luke Falk would suck behind the Dallas Oline. This is NFL football & these guys knew immediately with this Oline a mess, Sam getting Mono & Simien getting his leg almost cracked in half that they were f*cked. 

You guys make it sound like Brady was a rookie when he took over in 2001. Did you watch the Pats early offense with Tom Brady? DINK & DUNK! Obviously 20 years later they can morph into whatever they want to be but you want Gase to get Luke Falk behind one of the worst Olines in football with a guy they just pulled off someone's practice squad, missing their starting TE, with literally 11 guys at the LOS, to GET CREATIVE in a week, lmao! We don't even have a #1 WR! We have a guy we traded for who was hurt for 2 weeks & barely even knows the offense in Thomas (a guy that's stop gap at most).

Last night, the 49ers took it to Baker Mayfield who has OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Njoku & Chubb! And the Browns have a better Oline right now than the Jets. Your expectations of what a coach can do under these circumstances are ridiculous. 

There are 12 games left in 2019. I'm going to judge by those games if Sam Darnold is back & behind center. The only thing I really know is that Darnold with Mono, actually had a better game against the Bills defense than Tom (20 years in the same offense) Brady had against them with much better skill players & a better offensive line. 

I get what you’re saying about Falk. Not that I entirely agree but the argument has some merit. So you’re giving Gase a pass based on Falk.  We’ll revisit this at week 8, week 12 and week 17. 

• Upvote 1

“It’s probably more than just Sam getting out there,” Gase said. “We’ve got a lot of other things to clean up. Sam’s able to hide things sometimes for us where if we make a mistake, he covers it up. I think we just need to do a better job as a group making sure we’re all 11 on the same page.”

This was the best thing I read in the article.  At least there's a recognition by the team that Sam isn't the savior, that the problems run deeper and that just rolling Sam out there on Sunday vs. the Cowboys doesn't automatically solve all their issues.

Glad to see Gase acknowledge that Sam's style of play covers up a lot of mistakes.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This was the best thing I read in the article.  At least there's a recognition by the team that Sam isn't the savior, that the problems run deeper and that just rolling Sam out there on Sunday vs. the Cowboys doesn't automatically solve all their issues.

Glad to see Gase acknowledge that Sam's style of play covers up a lot of mistakes.

OK........so when is it time to fix the  mistakes. Week 6 is approaching. Maybe after another 3 year rebuild. The Johnsons’ would be better off burning their money in the fire dumpster than spending hundreds of millions on what they currently have. Maybe JD can turn it around.

There are 2 reason teams have players only meetings: the dissent has already begun and they can’t trust their coach to save it.

Youre not doing it because you think it’s suddenly going produce results.  If that was the case, it would have happen the second Sam was diagnosed with Mono.  

• Upvote 2