Mark Sanchez 2.0

Lupz27

5 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Not that it matters but it wasn’t plenty....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere between none and many,

You can call it a few, I can call it a-plenty,

But I think we are really agreeing that it was around twenty. 

;) 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Jittery, happy feet, one read QB.  Baker Mayfield.

He is who I told you he was @Villain The Foe ??

He is far more horrible than I figured he would be this season after his rookie campaign.  Frankly, I am surprised at how he has not progressed at all.  Not one iota. .  He has happy feet and has no idea what to do when in the pocket.  The only time he looks good is when he scrambles.  His mechanics are bad.  He needs a lot of work and if Cleveland doesn't coach him he will never be the stud he is supposed to be.

Even though we don't know what will become of Darnold, by the eyeball test, I sure am glad we have Sam and not Baker Mayfield.  Add to the fact that Baker Mayfield has an obnoxious, arrogant,  complete ass-wipe personality and a big fat mouth that will piss off his team mates.  No way he changes that personality flaw.  Sorry @Villain The Foe, but Mayfield is not panning out as expected, in fact looks like he regressed.  Yuck.  Dropped him in fantasy as my backup QB after week 3.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

You'd think all Jets fans would realize the peril of the premature victory lap.

there is no "victory lap" in this thread.  Just pointing out that so far, Mayfield is not living up to the billing.  Not even close. Why try to make it into something it is not?  It remains to be seen what Sam does.  Right now, Baker has a C- or D+ grade at best and Sam has an Incomplete. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I read an article this morning about the 49ers feeling disrespected because Mayfield didn’t shake their hands at the coin toss. Apparently that pissed them off a lot and they were talking about it before, during, and after the game. Bosa, on the other hand, has been pissed for two years. 

It is quite clear so far, that Mayfield's obnoxious personality is not helping his team at all.  In fact, he generates motivation on the other side.  Not smart.  I think he is stupid because anyone with half a brain would realize this and make some effort to correct it. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sherman talked about it.  College baby shlt, dont do it in the NFL

Sherman had this to say specifically.......

"What's amazing, and annoying, was [Baker] not shaking hands at the beginning," Sherman told Silver. "That's some college s--t. It's ridiculous. We're all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent -- that's NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that's disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that's gonna get us fired up."

"He hasn't earned anything in this league," Sherman said of Mayfield. "How many games has he won? He's acting like he was the MVP last year. If (Chiefs QB Patrick) Mahomes did that, it would be one thing. But he would never do that, because he has too much respect for the game.

"And when you see a guy who doesn't? You humble him every chance you get. Because eventually, he will have respect for the league -- or he'll be out of it."

Ummmm it seems to me..... best to talk quietly and carry a BIG stick...Unless of course you are Ali  :) 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Sherman had this to say specifically.......

"What's amazing, and annoying, was [Baker] not shaking hands at the beginning," Sherman told Silver. "That's some college s--t. It's ridiculous. We're all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent -- that's NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that's disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that's gonna get us fired up."

"He hasn't earned anything in this league," Sherman said of Mayfield. "How many games has he won? He's acting like he was the MVP last year. If (Chiefs QB Patrick) Mahomes did that, it would be one thing. But he would never do that, because he has too much respect for the game.

"And when you see a guy who doesn't? You humble him every chance you get. Because eventually, he will have respect for the league -- or he'll be out of it."

Ummmm it seems to me..... best to talk quietly and carry a BIG stick...Unless of course you are Ali  :) 

Thanks, thats what I heard this am on ESPN

Bosa also talked about Baker, how he fired them up, questioning what hes done to allow him to talk.

He may have talent but if he was here he would implode like Manziel

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He is far more horrible than I figured he would be this season after his rookie campaign.  Frankly, I am surprised at how he has not progressed at all.  Not one iota. .  He has happy feet and has no idea what to do when in the pocket.  The only time he looks good is when he scrambles.  His mechanics are bad.  He needs a lot of work and if Cleveland doesn't coach him he will never be the stud he is supposed to be.

Even though we don't know what will become of Darnold, by the eyeball test, I sure am glad we have Sam and not Baker Mayfield.  Add to the fact that Baker Mayfield has an obnoxious, arrogant,  complete ass-wipe personality and a big fat mouth that will piss off his team mates.  No way he changes that personality flaw.  Sorry @Villain The Foe, but Mayfield is not panning out as expected, in fact looks like he regressed.  Yuck.  Dropped him in fantasy as my backup QB after week 3.

Darnold used his eyes to move defenders in college.  Last night ESPN pointed out how Baker still doesnt do this and how you have to do it.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Xtina said:

Or some games. 

Especially since he doesnt win games against good teams

He was 1-6 against winning teams a year ago and has no wins against winning teams this year, unless you want to give him one for beating the 2-2 Ravens

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

there is no "victory lap" in this thread.  Just pointing out that so far, Mayfield is not living up to the billing.  Not even close. Why try to make it into something it is not?  It remains to be seen what Sam does.  Right now, Baker has a C- or D+ grade at best and Sam has an Incomplete. 

Not trying to make anyone see anything. Just cautioning against conclusions based on small sample sizes. 

• Mayfield has played 19 games and has had 7 games over 100 QBR (37%)
  • Darnold has played 15 games and has had 4 games over 100 QBR  (27%)

The jury is decidedly out on both of these players. Now I know the Darnold excuse industry is thriving and you can point to Mayfield's "weaponz" to explain away the performance delta but there are plenty of counterarguments as well. For example, most of Mayfield's games were with Jarvis Landry as his WR1--perhaps an elite possession receiver but also the slowest starting WR in the league. The Browns are also a dysfunctional clown show that rivals the Jets. Freddie Kitchens was chosen more for his subservience to Dorsey than because he is a good coach and is more likely to be one-and-done than Gase.

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not trying to make anyone see anything. Just cautioning against conclusions based on small sample sizes. 

• Mayfield has played 19 games and has had 7 games over 100 QBR (37%)
  • Darnold has played 15 games and has had 4 games over 100 QBR  (27%)

The jury is decidedly out on both of these players. Now I know the Darnold excuse industry is thriving and you can point to Mayfield's "weaponz" to explain away the performance delta but there are plenty of counterarguments as well. For example, most of Mayfield's games were with Jarvis Landry as his WR1--perhaps an elite possession receiver but also the slowest starting WR in the league. The Browns are also a dysfunctional clown show that rivals the Jets. Freddie Kitchens was chosen more for his subservience to Dorsey than because he is a good coach and is more likely to be one-and-done than Gase.

Freddie is a less steamier turd than Gase.  Gase is toxic, and we just let that googly eyed ***** come right on in.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I understood what the first half of this season would be, though I never thought he'd looked this bad personally. However, 19 games into his career says alot....over 19 games, but that's really where it stops. It's week 6 now. Half the season isnt done, but he still has a tough schedule in front of him. 

I wouldnt quite go the road of him not panning out as expected, he hasnt even finished a rookie deal, or complete the Jets fan usual "Come back after 3 years" rule. 

Its feelings over a game that he got slaughtered in. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I understood what the first half of this season would be, though I never thought he'd looked this bad personally. However, 19 games into his career says alot....over 19 games, but that's really where it stops. It's week 6 now. Half the season isnt done, but he still has a tough schedule in front of him. 

I wouldnt quite go the road of him not panning out as expected, he hasnt even finished a rookie deal, or complete the Jets fan usual "Come back after 3 years" rule. 

Its feelings over a game that he got slaughtered in. 

fair enough.  But so far this season he is nothing better than atrocious.  My Cleveland fan neighbor is dying about it. 

Looking like the QB class of 2017 could be head and shoulders above the QB class of 2018.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

there is no "victory lap" in this thread.

There certainly shouldn't be. 

Mayfield has clearly suffered the sophomore slump.

Darnold hasn't even really become a sophomore yet.  He's still 3 starts away from his 16th game as a pro, and when he gets back will be all "wait, wait, wait" from Jets Fans because he was sick, rushed back, no weaponz, bad O-line, etc.

At this point it'll be his third year in the NFL before we'll even be permitted to start talking about evaluating Darnold for what he actually does on the field.

I don't know how much success Mayfield will or will not have in the NFL, but his struggles this year so far make me happy.  The more his giant ego and big mouth has to eat crow, the happier I get.  When that Browns locker room implodes after a few more losses, I might actually have to do a happy dance. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

I don't know how much success Mayfield will or will not have in the NFL, but his struggles this year so far make me happy.  The more his giant ego and big mouth has to eat crow, the happier I get.  When that Browns locker room implodes after a few more losses, I might actually have to do a happy dance. 

Misery loves company I guess... I never had a problem with Baker, loved his style of play in college, never wanted him to be a Jet though.

1 minute ago, ItsTheSameOldJets said:

Misery loves company I guess... I never had a problem with Baker, loved his style of play in college, never wanted him to be a Jet though.

The Jets caught a HUGE break when Darnold fell to them, and as much as I enjoy watching Mayfield struggle, I will enjoy when Darnold starts lighting up defenses on a regular basis even more.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

fair enough.  But so far this season he is nothing better than atrocious.  My Cleveland fan neighbor is dying about it. 

Looking like the QB class of 2017 could be head and shoulders above the QB class of 2018.  

So far he's looked like an average QB if you're talking 19 games...which would be "so far". 

If you're talking the past 5 weeks then yeah, the sky's falling. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

So far he's looked like an average QB if you're talking 19 games...which would be "so far". 

If you're talking the past 5 weeks then yeah, the sky's falling. 

in the era we're in...  the hype era....      the volume is always at 11....          kind ofa  drag if you ask me

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Mayfield is not living up to the billing.  Not even close.

no no no... its cos Landry and OBJ arent getting enough separation, arent EXPLODING outtta their breaks...

because the overthrows are actually good throws....

hold on, thats the excuse for Sam...   sorry , my bad

FREE ROBBY!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It is. Folks are on a weekly high. 

i dont know what the right word is....   high? hmm... its like multiple people imitating (insert your least favorite sports commentator on tv and radio and multiply that 1000x)   and shouting over each other all at once...  

ignore list at 32

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i dont know what the right word is....   high? hmm... its like multiple people imitating (insert your least favorite sports commentator on tv and radio and multiply that 1000x)   and shouting over each other all at once...  

ignore list at 32

I got folks talking about me talking football on a football forum a year ago while not realizing that nothing they're talking is even about football. 

My Ignore list deserves atleast 2. ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah I'll believe that when Mayfield runs into his linemen's butt and makes a national joke out of himself.

OFE5EJINFY6QK7GC4J3MDF5YAY.jpg

Moore's fault.  Was picked up and tossed into his quarterback by Wilfork.  Moment of impact, Moore's feet are already off the ground and he's being thrust into his QB. 

They scapegoated Mark for everything Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum did wrong, they scapegoated him on that play too.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

OFE5EJINFY6QK7GC4J3MDF5YAY.jpg

Moore's fault.  Was picked up and tossed into his quarterback by Wilfork.  Moment of impact, Moore's feet are already off the ground and he's being thrust into his QB. 

They scapegoated Mark for everything Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum did wrong, they scapegoated him on that play too.

SAR I

Only You Dude......only you.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yup. And we could have had the two good ones from that class. Instead we took a safety.

8 hours ago, Drums said:

I read an article this morning about the 49ers feeling disrespected because Mayfield didn’t shake their hands at the coin toss. Apparently that pissed them off a lot and they were talking about it before, during, and after the game. Bosa, on the other hand, has been pissed for two 

LOL. 

• Upvote 1