How to create $95.5 million in cap space for 2020 to be able to sign the best OL, WR, and CB in free agency.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think every fan understands this - but it's not like they're rooting for the Jets to draft bad players.

If there's no one to pay on your own team you have to try and lock in the best FA's you can.  What's the alternative? not even try?

This the problem with FA. The elite players rarely reach it. Then you either overpay for second or third tier guys or pay a guy for past performance. "The best FA you can" is usually past his prime or a step above a JAG. That's why you don't depend solely on it. That's why having a GM with a brain is so important. That's something the Jets haven't had in a while.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I agree for the most part

But I think there will be some talent along the OL available and that’s where I would look to invest.

I’m not paying guys like Byron Jones, Yannick Nagakoue, or Shaq Barrett.

But if Brandon Scherff hits the market, I’d have no objections about making him the highest paid OG in football. I think there’s a decent chance that the Titans let Conklin test the market as well. He was arguably the best RT in the NFL for his first 2-3 years in the league.

I wouldn’t even worry about the defense to be honest. The unit is at least competent as a whole. I’d invest damn near every draft pick and free agent dollar into the OL and WR corps.

Going into next season with, say, Scherff, Conklin, Wirfs and Biadasz added to the OL would be a wet dream come true.

Exactly- We've got to do whatever it takes to get Oline. Trade for Trent Williams, Sign Sherff & Conklin, trade a 2021 pick to move up 7 grab that Center Biadasz. Boom! Right there you've upgraded BIG TIME. Hell, you do this & we might be staring at Jeudy in the 1st round. Imagine solving our Oline & #1 WR B4 the start of next year? 

• Upvote 1