Guilhermezmc

The Plan for 2020

I get the reasoning, but I honestly think that team is probably worse than this one.  You are starting a 2nd rounder at LT, 4th rounders at LG and C and a 3rd at CB.  That's with your FA plan working out better than can be expected.  You'd better plan on loading up on a bunch of Tom Compton, Neville Hewitt, Brandon Copeland level FAs too.  

Honestly, Gase isn't going anywhere.  Douglas took this job because of Gase.  Even if he hates the job that has been done, I think he loses a lot of credibility chopping his boy before they even have a reasonable chance to put a team together.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I know its early but I was bored at work and came up with a plan to start what it seems like the 198 attempt in a rebuild for this franchise.

To me is clear and obvious that the season was over after the Buffalo game, Sam's mono just came to make sure that all off my hopes were shattered after 2 weeks into the season, so with that being said let's go to the rebuild.

The Rebuild:

So the rebuild starts in 2019 as I hope that JD can work out a miracle and get some one to bite on Leonard Williams and pay a 3rd rounder to get him.

Even though I think that Robby Anderson can be traded easier than Leo, I don't think it would be a good ideia to take away a possible weapon for when Sam returns.

The Jets should not trade for anyone they need all the picks they can get.

Coaching:

Adam Gase has to go, I get that he is on his 3rd string quarterback but he hasn't showed anything that make me think that he's the guy that will help Sam get to the next level.

Im looking at two guys right now, Lincoln Riley and Jim Harbaugh, I think that Harbaugh would be a easier guy to get, JD has connections with his brother and Jim is not doing that great in Michigan.

Trades:

- Leonard Williams - 3rd Rounder - Maybe a team like KC could jump on this after loosing Chris Jones, like I said, right now it looks like a miracle that we can get a 3rd for him.

Notable Cuts:

- Trumaine Johnson -  12M cap hit and 3M in savings - No brainer here, he will probably never play in the NFL again.

- Kelichi Osemele -  11,4M in savings - Looks like he lost a step or two, not even close to be worth this kind of money.

- Brian Winters -  7,5M in savings - This guy is awful, I get sick just thinking that him and Kalil are starting for us right now.

- Darryl Roberts - 6M in savings -  Being torched every week is not ideal for someone that don't have any guarentees on his contract.

- Quincy Enunwa - 5,4M cap hit and 2,4M in savings - I went back and forth with this one, I like Quincy but the guy just can't stay on the field, the thing with him is that I think that his contract becomes full guaranteed because of his injury but I'm not sure, if thats the case theres no point in cutting him.

This should get the Jets around 85M in cap space going in the 2020 free agency. 

Free Agency:

Resign - 

- Brian Poole, CB - 3 year, 5,5M yr - One of the bright spots of the team this season, should be a no brainer.

- Alex Lewis, G - 2 year, 3M yr - We'll have to see how he plays the rest of the season but I liked what he has shown.

- Robby Anderson, WR - 3 year, 8-10M yr - Robby is a though decision, but I think he can be a quality number 2 reciever, and as I said we need weapons to help Sam's development.

- Jordan Jenkins - 3 year, 4M yr - Good against the run and have showed glimpses of a pass rush.

Sign -   

Brandon Scherff, G - 5 year, 14-15M yr - If he's available he should be the top target this off season.

Jack Conklin, RT - 4 year, 9-10M yr - Above average tackle but young has some pretty good seasons under his belt.

Shaquil Barrett, OLB - 4 year, 12-15Myr - I was torn between Shaq barrett or Yannick Ngakoue, even if he's a one year wonder I do think that we need to try and get edge help, its been too long.

Yes I know, its a lot of money being throw around, but at the current state of this roster if the Jets even want to compete for any kind of wins next year they will need to be big spenders again this time spending money on premium positions.

The Draft: 

1st Round Pick - Jerry Jeudy, WR - Alabama - The next great bama reciever is here, if you ever watched a bama game this guy just pops off your screen, great route runner and after the catch he's a treat to take to the house every time, has a mean juke move and great hands.

2nd Round Pick - Alex Leatherwood, T - Alabama - Strong, fast, and this season is proving that he has all the traits to succeed at the NFL level.

3rd Round Pick - Brycen Hopkins, TE - Purdue - Good blocker, great speed and route running. Good piece to complement Chris Herndon.

3rd Round Pick - Kristian Fulton, CB - LSU - He's a interesting case, he has the size speed and technique to play on the outside but lack ball skills, has one int in 4 years at LSU.

4th Round Pick - Lloyd Cushenberry III, C - LSU - Great athlete, strong, very pyschical need to clean up a little bit his technique but overall a good prospect.

4th Round Pick - Ben Bredeson, G - Michigan - I know the jets don't have 2 4th round picks yet but in this case I would like to see a trade up to get this guy, a good guard out of Michigan that could even start day one.

Depth Chart:

So after all the moves the Jets are in position to really evaluate Sam Darnold and compete at least for a WC spot.

Offense - 

QB - Sam Darnold                                            

RB - Leveon Bell

WR 1 - Jerry Jeudy

WR 2 - Robby Anderson

WR 3 - Jamison Crowder

TE - Chris Herndon 

LT - Alex Leatherwood

LG - Alex Lewis / Ben Bredeson

C - Llyod Cushenberry III

RG - Brandon Scherff

RT - Jack Conklin

Defense -

DE - Quinnen Williams

DE - Henry Anderson

DT - Steve Mclendon 

OLB - Shaquil Barrett

ILB - CJ Mosley

ILB - Avery Williamson

OLB - Jordan Jenkins

CB 1 - Kristian Fulton

CB 2 - Nate Hariston

SLTCB - Brian Poole

SS - Jamal Adams

FS - Marcus Maye

GTF outta here!

Sam’s back and we’re going 12-4 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I know its early but I was bored at work and came up with a plan to start what it seems like the 198 attempt in a rebuild for this franchise.

To me is clear and obvious that the season was over after the Buffalo game, Sam's mono just came to make sure that all off my hopes were shattered after 2 weeks into the season, so with that being said let's go to the rebuild.

The Rebuild:

So the rebuild starts in 2019 as I hope that JD can work out a miracle and get some one to bite on Leonard Williams and pay a 3rd rounder to get him.

Even though I think that Robby Anderson can be traded easier than Leo, I don't think it would be a good ideia to take away a possible weapon for when Sam returns.

Coaching:

Adam Gase has to go, I get that he is on his 3rd string quarterback but he hasn't showed anything that make me think that he's the guy that will help Sam get to the next level.

Im looking at two guys right now, Lincoln Riley and Jim Harbaugh, I think that Harbaugh would be a easier guy to get, JD has connections with his brother and Jim is not doing that great in Michigan.

Trades:

- Leonard Williams - 3rd Rounder - Maybe a team like KC could jump on this after loosing Chris Jones, like I said, right now it looks like a miracle that we can get a 3rd for him.

Notable Cuts:

- Trumaine Johnson -  12M cap hit and 3M in savings - No brainer here, he will probably never play in the NFL again.

- Kelichi Osemele -  11,4M in savings - Looks like he lost a step or two, not even close to be worth this kind of money.

- Brian Winters -  7,5M in savings - This guy is awful, I get sick just thinking that him and Kalil are starting for us right now.

- Darryl Roberts - 6M in savings -  Being torched every week is not ideal for someone that don't have any guarentees on his contract.

- Quincy Enunwa - 5,4M cap hit and 2,4M in savings - I went back and forth with this one, I like Quincy but the guy just can't stay on the field, the thing with him is that I think that his contract becomes full guaranteed because of his injury but I'm not sure, if thats the case theres no point in cutting him.

Free Agency:

Resign - 

- Brian Poole, CB - 3 year, 5,5M yr - One of the bright spots of the team this season, should be a no brainer.

- Alex Lewis, G - 2 year, 3M yr - We'll have to see how he plays the rest of the season but I liked what he has shown.

- Robby Anderson, WR - 3 year, 8-10M yr - Robby is a though decision, but I think he can be a quality number 2 reciever, and as I said we need weapons to help Sam's development.

- Jordan Jenkins - 3 year, 4M yr - Good against the run and have showed glimpses of a pass rush.

Sign -   

Brandon Scherff, G - 5 year, 14-15M yr - If he's available he should be the top target this off season.

Jack Conklin, RT - 4 year, 9-10M yr - Above average tackle but young has some pretty good seasons under his belt.

Shaquil Barrett, OLB - 4 year, 12-15Myr - I was torn between Shaq barrett or Yannick Ngakoue, even if he's a one year wonder I do think that we need to try and get edge help, its been too long.

Yes I know, its a lot of money being throw around, but at the current state of this roster if the Jets even want to compete for any kind of wins next year they will need to be big spenders again this time spending money on premium positions.

The Draft: 

1st Round Pick - Jerry Jeudy, WR - Alabama - The next great bama reciever is here, if you ever watched a bama game this guy just pops off your screen, great route runner and after the catch he's a treat to take to the house every time, has a mean juke move and great hands.

2nd Round Pick - Alex Leatherwood, T - Alabama - Strong, fast, and this season is proving that he has all the traits to succeed at the NFL level.

3rd Round Pick - Brycen Hopkins, TE - Purdue - Good blocker, great speed and route running. Good piece to complement Chris Herndon.

3rd Round Pick - Kristian Fulton, CB - LSU - He's a interesting case, he has the size speed and technique to play on the outside but lack ball skills, has one int in 4 years at LSU.

4th Round Pick - Lloyd Cushenberry III, C - LSU - Great athlete, strong, very pyschical need to clean up a little bit his technique but overall a good prospect.

4th Round Pick - Ben Bredeson, G - Michigan - I know the jets don't have 2 4th round picks yet but in this case I would like to see a trade up to get this guy, a good guard out of Michigan that could even start day one.

Depth Chart:

So after all the moves the Jets are in position to really evaluate Sam Darnold and compete at least for a WC spot.

Offense - 

QB - Sam Darnold                                            

RB - Leveon Bell

WR 1 - Jerry Jeudy

WR 2 - Robby Anderson

WR 3 - Jamison Crowder

TE - Chris Herndon 

LT - Alex Leatherwood

RG - Brandon Scherff

RT - Jack Conklin

Defense -

DE - Quinnen Williams

DE - Henry Anderson

DT - Steve Mclendon 

OLB - Shaquil Barrett

ILB - CJ Mosley

ILB - Avery Williamson

OLB - Jordan Jenkins

CB 1 - Kristian Fulton

CB 2 - Nate Hariston

SLTCB - Brian Poole

SS - Jamal Adams

FS - Marcus Maye

kids in the hall GIF by CBC

Bored now?

• Upvote 1

Alex Lewis was rated as the #4 overall guard last week by PFF.  Something to keep and eye on whether to resign him and plug a hole. Maybe he starts over Winters when KO comes back

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

For those looking for Joe Douglas in the other thread, I think I found him. 

+1 Is Joe Douglas still with the organization?

OP had me until he is drafting yet another TE so high in round 3. Other than that, good plan.

4 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

You did a good job on this but man it is October 8

What's everybody having for lunch on October 23rd?

I'm thinking of going with a turkey sandwich.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

This is a great thoughtful effort, and I think it generally predicts what will happen. 

There can be some disagreement on details, but cutting existing players and signing OL is most likely happening.  

• Upvote 1

Obviously, build around Sam. That should have started with the very next Jets pick after Sam was taken, but MACC took Nathan Shepherd, a small school, oldish, DT (not even close to an area of need for the team).  Best OL on the board would have been the "no brainer" play...

D'oh!

Hopefully JD recognizes this and will draft at least three OL in the next draft, two in the first three rounds. Even then, gonna need time to develop individually and as a unit.  Hopefully a couple of decent JAGs to fill in until the 2021 draft...

Anyone worth trading after we start 0-6 outside of Darnold is getting traded.

I know people hate this but Adams, Bell, Anderson, Leonard Williams. Will all be on the block.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I would start by trading Leonard Williams praying I could get a #3 out of someone (maybe KC?). for them it's almost a 4 😲. I would then see if I could pry Trent Williams from the Skins for our #2 in 2020 draft. I then go hard after Brandon Scherff move Alex Lewis to RG & have Edoga at RT. I trade a 2021 pick to move into position to draft the Center from Wisconsin Biadesz. 

Now you start the season with decent experience around a rookie Center (But the #1 ranked center in all of college football). 

Williams- Scherff- Biadesz- Lewis- Edoga 

I would hope we can be in position to draft Jeudy & solve our #1 WR problem. Jeudy- Anderson (if he'll sign, don't overpay)- Crowder is a nice trifecta with Enunwa as a #4 until his neck cracks again (why cut him for only 2 million savings?), Herndon & Wesco at TE. 

Obviously we can do more than this as we'd have only signed Trent Williams, Scherff in free agency. Outside of those signings, look for Edge rusher, CB and another low cost vet WR. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I would start by trading Leonard Williams praying I could get a #3 out of someone (maybe KC?). for them it's almost a 4 😲. I would then see if I could pry Trent Williams from the Skins for our #2 in 2020 draft. I then go hard after Brandon Scherff move Alex Lewis to RG & have Edoga at RT. I trade a 2021 pick to move into position to draft the Center from Wisconsin Biadesz. 

Now you start the season with decent experience around a rookie Center (But the #1 ranked center in all of college football). 

Williams- Scherff- Biadesz- Lewis- Edoga 

I would hope we can be in position to draft Jeudy & solve our #1 WR problem. Jeudy- Anderson (if he'll sign, don't overpay)- Crowder is a nice trifecta with Enunwa as a #4 until his neck cracks again (why cut him for only 2 million savings?), Herndon & Wesco at TE. 

Obviously we can do more than this as we'd have only signed Trent Williams, Scherff in free agency. Outside of those signings, look for Edge rusher, CB and another low cost vet WR. 

Edoga sucks

12 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

The Rebuild:

Coaching:

Trades:

Notable Cuts:

Free Agency:

Resign - 

Sign -   

The Draft: 

Depth Chart:

Offense - 

QB - Sam Darnold                                            

RB - Leveon Bell

WR 1 - Jerry Jeudy

WR 2 - Robby Anderson

WR 3 - Jamison Crowder

TE - Chris Herndon 

LT - Alex Leatherwood

RG - Brandon Scherff

RT - Jack Conklin

Defense -

DE - Quinnen Williams

DE - Henry Anderson

DT - Steve Mclendon 

OLB - Shaquil Barrett

ILB - CJ Mosley

ILB - Avery Williamson

OLB - Jordan Jenkins

CB 1 - Kristian Fulton

CB 2 - Nate Hariston

SLTCB - Brian Poole

SS - Jamal Adams

FS - Marcus Maye

I thought this thread was gonna be about the hotels we were staying at in Miami?

Forget all this the plan for 2020 should be to tank completely and draft Trevor Lawrence so our next GM can start the real real rebuild.

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Edoga sucks

He played all of 1 game & you've given up on him?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

You did a good job on this but man it is October 8

We're Jets fans... never too early to talk about meaningless wins or the draft.

17 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Draft Jeudy and give Lincoln Riley a blank check . Sign me up . 

Have we not learned anything from drafting Alabama products?  Outside of Namath, forget about it.

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, peebag said:

Have we not learned anything from drafting Alabama products?  Outside of Namath, forget about it.

Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley seem to be playing just fine . Not to mention the many other successful bama players in the league .

The Rebuild:

Coaching:

Trades:

Notable Cuts:

Free Agency:

Resign - 
Sign -   

The Draft: 

Depth Chart:

Offense - 
QB - Sam Darnold                                            
RB - Leveon Bell
WR 1 - Jerry Jeudy
WR 2 - Robby Anderson
WR 3 - Jamison Crowder
TE - Chris Herndon 
LT - Alex Leatherwood
RG - Brandon Scherff
RT - Jack Conklin

Defense -
DE - Quinnen Williams
DE - Henry Anderson
DT - Steve Mclendon 
OLB - Shaquil Barrett
ILB - CJ Mosley
ILB - Avery Williamson
OLB - Jordan Jenkins
CB 1 - Kristian Fulton
CB 2 - Nate Hariston
SLTCB - Brian Poole
SS - Jamal Adams
FS - Marcus Maye

Only think I disagree w is keeping RA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 10/9/2019 at 10:29 PM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We just paid a worse receiver 8mill a year(enunwa)

That was a gamble that backfired, or just bad decision making.  

The Jets needed a receiver and Mac took grief for not resigning players we drafted earlier.   Enunwa was great, when he played.

Various teams have made decisions taking into account medical information that have turned out well.  I think that one of the areas the Jets are really hurting in is Strength and Conditioning, and medical management.  Too many soft tissue injuries.  

Look at some draft picks.  We pass over Gurley largely for medical reasons.  He was good for awhile.  Same thing with Lattimore.  I would love to see what Enunwa's file said.  

9 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley seem to be playing just fine . Not to mention the many other successful bama players in the league .

When did the Jets draft those players?

• Thumb Down 1

Fires: Gase and Douglas

Promote Williams to HC, keep Loggains at OC so Sam doesn’t have to learn a new playbook

Hire Scott McCloughan as the new GM

Cuts: cut everyone possible to create $50 million in cap room

Signs: Anthony Castonzo, Brandon Scherff, Antonio Brown(sigh him this year so he can serve his suspension now), Claiborne 

Draft:  1st round Jeudy

• Thumb Down 2