Has anyone seen or heard from Joe Douglas ?

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Aren't we all tired of talk?!? At least those of us who have been around for decades and have heard all the canned phrases?!?! 

I liked the hire. I'm hopeful this time the franchise finally got it right. But after all these years these guys all say the same thing. 

Same, I hope they got it right. But getting it right also involves the structure changing imo. Less to do with talking than it is new accountability. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dont see much good that could come from addressing this mess right now.

Maybe bringing on some other teams practice squad players and getting rid of the garbage here. Look for players to build on elsewhere they all obviously aren't here. 

New England Patriots practice squad: TE Stephen Anderson, LB Terez Hall, FB Jakob Johnson, DL Ufomba Kamalu, LB Calvin Munson, OL Dan Skipper, OL Tyree St. Louis and DL Nick Thurman 

Douglas holding a press conference to say "I got this" and getting peppered with BS questions from Manish and Cimini does NOTHING to move this franchise in the right direction.  Actions speak louder than words.  Let's see what he does prior to the trade deadline Oct 29th.  I'd be surprised if he's not active.  My gut feel is we're going to be 0-7 or 1-6 and he's going to be selling...

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Douglas holding a press conference to say "I got this" and getting peppered with BS questions from Manish and Cimini does NOTHING to move this franchise in the right direction.  Actions speak louder than words.  Let's see what he does prior to the trade deadline Oct 29th.  I'd be surprised if he's not active.  My gut feel is we're going to be 0-7 or 1-6 and he's going to be selling...

Selling? Hopefully not the franchise RB that took us years to get haven't had one since Curtis Martin or the Safety Jamal Adams that brings it every play and is all heart and soul. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Selling? Hopefully not the franchise RB that took us years to get haven't had one since Curtis Martin or the Safety Jamal Adams that brings it every play and is all heart and soul. 

Agree on Bell altho he may be shot before things turn around, especially if JD embraces tank mode.  But Jamal?  I could easily seem him traded for draft capital...

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s already flipped into “let’s see how long I can ride this out before they want me fired mode”. Like everyone the Jets hire.

On the flip side he may see a guy like Brian Cashman getting velvet rope treatment all over town and embrace the challenge...

35 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Aren't we all tired of talk?!? At least those of us who have been around for decades and have heard all the canned phrases?!?! 

I liked the hire. I'm hopeful this time the franchise finally got it right. But after all these years these guys all say the same thing. 

Yeah, again, you're not wrong per se, tbqh.  I've said the same myself (about talk) in the past, often matter of fact....

But the alternative is what we have now:  one of the worst and least competitive teams I've ever has the misfortune to watch paired with complete and utter silence and lack of ownership of this mess from the organization.

I'd prefer to hear from Douglas than Gase.  I'd like to at least hear someone in the organization discuss accountability to the fans for the product on the field.  I agree, it's pandering (or PR if you prefer).  But frankly, I think this fanbase deserves a little pandering at this point.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:51 AM, chirorob said:

What earth shattering moves do you want him to do right now?

The draft is over, FA is over.   He was hired after both of those.  The Jets have no great assets to sell off.  I guess he should have found a new left tackle and a premium QB in week 3, but he failed at both of those.

Have you seen him??? He should suit up and play offensive tackle!!!! :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So instead you put your franchise QB on the field with all this sh*t and get him killed. 

Actually, I was all for him sitting for the year, but there are a lot of fans out there thinking we will still make the playoffs.

BTW, what moves is JD going to do to keep Darnold from getting killed? 

Do you have actually players in mind?  I mean, we need starters right across the O-Line.  NOT sure you are going to find 5 caliber starting OL on the waiver wire.

37 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Actually, I was all for him sitting for the year, but there are a lot of fans out there thinking we will still make the playoffs.

BTW, what moves is JD going to do to keep Darnold from getting killed? 

Do you have actually players in mind?  I mean, we need starters right across the O-Line.  NOT sure you are going to find 5 caliber starting OL on the waiver wire.

Sitting him does us nothing we need to evaluate him further,ive said in other threads if he flat out stinks the remaining 13 games we need to draft another QB 

The moves would be bringing in some other OL on other teams practice squads or on the street(no more old retired guys), I liked the McDermott signing our guys are bad even though Lewis and Harrison are decent. 

The Vyncint Smith signing might be a good move by JD this kid has a lot of upside. 

I would take a flier on another teams practice squad TE there has to be someone better out there. 5 catches 17 yards in 4 games is really bad. 

I hear Douglas gets in late every day becasue he stops at Macagnan's house, rings the bell and mumbles "where are the offensive linemen" as he punches Macagnan in the puss before he heads to Florham Park.  Oddly, despite this going on for the past 5 weeks, Macagnan opens the door every single time. I guess some people are doomed to repeating the same mistakes day after day, year after year.

Ok, so Douglas holds a press conference and says he’s disappointed in 0-4, but patience, and we have to play better, and the coaching staff is working day and night to get things going. What are the first five questions he gets? 

1. Some bull sh*t about his confidence level in Gase.

2. Some bullsh*t about not bringing in a better #3 QB.

3. Some bullsh*t trap question about Maccagnan’s draft record.

4. Some bullsh*t question about LeVeon Bell’s workload 

5. Another bullsh*t question about potentially firing Gase. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ok, so Douglas holds a press conference and says he’s disappointed in 0-4, but patience, and we have to play better, and the coaching staff is working day and night to get things going. What are the first five questions he gets? 

That's alot of bullsh*t ...

leaving-the-bathroonm-after-an-epic-cheat-meal-that-is-24177151.png

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Should the fan base be confident that Gase/Douglas is an improvement from Bowles/Mac? It’s early, but the structure/dynamic feels the same. 

35 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Could try giving them more then 5 games and see?

Jets have the national game this week on CBS. A sit down appearance with Boomer or whomever and some scripted questions wouldn’t hurt Jets PR at all. The mono situation is a big enough story to warrant it. Just saying since he’s been hired he’s been a ghost.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe bringing on some other teams practice squad players and getting rid of the garbage here. Look for players to build on elsewhere they all obviously aren't here. 

New England Patriots practice squad: TE Stephen Anderson, LB Terez Hall, FB Jakob Johnson, DL Ufomba Kamalu, LB Calvin Munson, OL Dan Skipper, OL Tyree St. Louis and DL Nick Thurman 

So what player in that group would you bring in and why? Who would be the corresponding cut?

It's October, we're not getting anyone that is going too help this team right now. It is what it is, why is that so hard for you to understand.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Should the fan base be confident that Gase/Douglas is an improvement from Bowles/Mac? It’s early, but the structure/dynamic feels the same. 

Two differences:

1. Douglas got a legitimate big-boy contract from the Jets, which is something we’ve never seen from the Johnson ownership.

2. Bowles was too nice to get after Maccagnan and Gase, obviously, is not. That he got Chris Johnson to pull the string was significant because Johnson knew he’d lose money and be ridiculed for waiting until after the draft. 

This isn’t to say Douglas shouldn’t poke his head out there for a few minutes one day, but there’s no reason as yet from him to intervene until mid season. Other than Manish, the locals have been fairly sympathetic to Gase’s plight. That might change after Pats: 53, Jets: 6

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jets have the national game this week on CBS. A sit down appearance with Boomer or whomever and some scripted questions wouldn’t hurt Jets PR at all. The mono situation is a big enough story to warrant it. Just saying since he’s been hired he’s been a ghost.

Imo, from a PR perspective, the national jets story right now is about their bad luck, not their organizational incompetence. If that changes, then you roll your GM out front.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

So what player in that group would you bring in and why? Who would be the corresponding cut?

It's October, we're not getting anyone that is going too help this team right now. It is what it is, why is that so hard for you to understand.

I personally don't have the scouting reports and i don't have a scouting department so I wouldn't know who would be good and who would be bad. 

We have some really bad players on the roster and I find it hard to believe out of 31 other NFL teams we cant improve our roster with a few practice squad pickups. 

There has to be some hungry OL men big fast and strong yearning for a chance at the NFL. 

Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Two differences:

1. Douglas got a legitimate big-boy contract from the Jets, which is something we’ve never seen from the Johnson ownership.

2. Bowles was too nice to get after Maccagnan and Gase, obviously, is not. That he got Chris Johnson to pull the string was significant because Johnson knew he’d lose money and be ridiculed for waiting until after the draft. 

This isn’t to say Douglas shouldn’t pole his head out there for a few minutes one day, but there’s no reason as yet from him to intervene until mid season. Other than Manish, the locals have been fairly sympathetic to Gase’s plight. That might change after Pats: 53, Jets: 6

So what you're saying is this time it's different?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I personally don't have the scouting reports and i don't have a scouting department so I wouldn't know who would be good and who would be bad. 

We have some really bad players on the roster and I find it hard to believe out of 31 other NFL teams we cant improve our roster with a few practice squad pickups. 

Who knows. 

More than likely anyone we poach from anothers team PS would be inactive anyway. See McDermott.

The time to build a meaningful roster doesn't happen in October. It happens during Free Agency and the Draft.