Sign in to follow this  
SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Has anyone seen or heard from Joe Douglas ?

36 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What earth shattering moves do you want him to do right now?

Hold a presser:

1. Say "I hear you fans, we're not good enough, and we're going to fix it.  No excuses, we must fix this".

How is that for a start?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It'd be good.

But half the fans on here would boo him anyway for a BS press conference.

And?

When you're the man, getting boo'ed comes with the job.  Especially when the team you run is where ours is.

Man up and take ownership of it.  Hiding is.....not a good initial sign.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Great point.  Does any one think the team improves by Joe D wasting his time taking BS questions from Manish?  

Indeed, we wouldn't want to slow down all those many moves he's making to improve the tea.......oh, right.

33 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

What exactly do you want him to do?  Sign AB?  Go full tank after 4 games? He choked on the kicker.  Otherwise he's trolling the waiver wire just like every other GM trying to polish turds into diamonds...

Saying the same thing in a lot of threads today....

I want him to look for O-line players who can play now to a basic, professional, level.  Be that via practice squad players.  Street FA's.  Existing backups (Harrison?).  Or via trades if the traded for asset can be here long-term.

If we drop out as early as it looks like we will, yes, I want him to consider moving short-term assets of limited use for draft capital.  In my view, that includes Bell (clearly a short-term asset), Adams (Safety is a luxury, not a vital need), Leo (bag of footballs maybe?), Mosely (maybe, he's only 27 and could be a long-term asset to build around like Darnold).  Stockpile picks, dump under-performing salary and play young existing players instead, reevaluate, all after we're eliminated.

And, as I sad earlier, face the public, the fans, and tell us he's going to fix this debacle.  No specifics needed, but a bit of face time acknowledging the poor product that is this team, with some assurance they have a plan forward, is the least I would expect of a new GM, especially once we're realistically eliminated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

His hire, mid-June, was lauded by everyone in the know!  He spoke then and during TC. But now you (and other knowledgeable FB fans here) need to hear from him after 4 games, when they didn't have their starting QB for 3 (not 100% for the other) and their starting LB (D capt) out since 3rd Qtr of week 1?  Seriously?  JC stevie wonder can see they haven't been good enough.  

So yeah, a football lifer, lauded by all, trained under Ozzie Newsome, Howard Roseman and their regimes now must tell fans, "we must fix this".   

Some would complain about that and tell him to not insult our intelligence. 

Of all the PR we do get, this kind of PR is the kind I like.  Owning it.  /shrug, you're not wrong per se.  

35 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Aren't we all tired of talk?!? At least those of us who have been around for decades and have heard all the canned phrases?!?! 

I liked the hire. I'm hopeful this time the franchise finally got it right. But after all these years these guys all say the same thing. 

Yeah, again, you're not wrong per se, tbqh.  I've said the same myself (about talk) in the past, often matter of fact....

But the alternative is what we have now:  one of the worst and least competitive teams I've ever has the misfortune to watch paired with complete and utter silence and lack of ownership of this mess from the organization.

I'd prefer to hear from Douglas than Gase.  I'd like to at least hear someone in the organization discuss accountability to the fans for the product on the field.  I agree, it's pandering (or PR if you prefer).  But frankly, I think this fanbase deserves a little pandering at this point.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company