Sign in to follow this  
SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Has anyone seen or heard from Joe Douglas ?

On 10/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, Matt39 said:

Weak and typical. Everyone knows he didnt build the roster. Season has been a total disaster so far- some sense of direction and visibility from the top wouldnt hurt. Gase on the ground taking the bullets while the top office has gone MIA since their 3 month new uniforms victory lap.

Do the other 31 NFL GMs hold weekly pressers?  or even monthly?

He's talked to the press a few times prior to the season.  What can he say now?  He can't talk about players under contract.

What sense direction? The teams starting QB got mono..Their b/u broke his ankle..Starting TE was suspended. One of his D captains pulled a hammy week 1.  What is it that you want to hear?

I could be wrong, but I think NFL GMs are required to hold 1 mid-season presser.

It's the HCs job to take the weekly bullets.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, Lith said:

Speaking of the kid from Indy, can anyone explain to me how he did not get a single defensive snap in the Eagles game?  Hairston has looked good when he has been in there.  Was he hurt and maybe I missed it, because what other logical explanation is there for not giving him a single rep on defense.  6 ST snaps is all he played.

may be nicked up

Ethan B. Greenberg @EGreenbergJets

Per Adam Gase: C.J. Mosley (groin), Henry Anderson (shoulder), Kelechi Osemele (shoulder/knee/illness), Trenton Cannon (foot/ankle), Nate Hairston (knee) and Chris Herndon (hamstring) all will not practice today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

With how the season has started (bizarre coupled with unwatchable) the new GM who came in with much fanfare, and a large contract...showing some visibility would probably be good PR. I realize it’s not required but the front office disappearing till January when the on the field product has been terrible is weak. Especially considering the off-season parade of the new uniforms. Hearing some words of wisdom from the hire “the Jets got right” during turmoil again would be a layup PR wise.

Im afraid this turns into another Maccagan situation where he only makes himself available during the mid season presser and around the draft while giving non answers aka business as usual for the Jets.

what do you specifically want him to say?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Anything would be a start.

thought so

On 10/8/2019 at 11:29 AM, Warfish said:

Hold a presser:

1. Say "I hear you fans, we're not good enough, and we're going to fix it.  No excuses, we must fix this".

How is that for a start?

His hire, mid-June, was lauded by everyone in the know!  He spoke then and during TC. But now you (and other knowledgeable FB fans here) need to hear from him after 4 games, when they didn't have their starting QB for 3 (not 100% for the other) and their starting LB (D capt) out since 3rd Qtr of week 1?  Seriously?  JC stevie wonder can see they haven't been good enough.  

So yeah, a football lifer, lauded by all, trained under Ozzie Newsome, Howard Roseman and their regimes now must tell fans, "we must fix this".   

Some would complain about that and tell him to not insult our intelligence. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Good points all around. You're probably right. However, an unplanned appearance from the new GM I think would give some hope that its going to be different this time. 

Aren't we all tired of talk?!? At least those of us who have been around for decades and have heard all the canned phrases?!?! 

I liked the hire. I'm hopeful this time the franchise finally got it right. But after all these years these guys all say the same thing. 

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company