Sign in to follow this  
SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Has anyone seen or heard from Joe Douglas ?

On 10/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Rumor has it that he is our new GM . He must be playing hide and seek with the press until the season is over .

Be careful you will be buttfumbled for questioning JD or saying anything bad about him. 

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

What exactly do you want him to do?  Sign AB?  Go full tank after 4 games? He choked on the kicker.  Otherwise he's trolling the waiver wire just like every other GM trying to polish turds into diamonds...

We have holes BIG HOLES on the OL at CB at TE need a halfway decent edge rusher he has done nothing. 

Just now, Warfish said:

I want him to look for O-line players who can play now to a basic, professional, level.  Be that via practice squad players.  Street FA's.  Existing backups (Harrison?).  Or via trades if the traded for asset can be here long-term.

Exactly 

11 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

My guess is he is working on it, just for you.

He should be working on it for the entire organization including players and fans. 

If the roster stays as is and the NY Jets continue to lose in the manner they are PSL holders and season ticket holders deserve a refund. 

Just now, Apache 51 said:

I bet you he is doing just that, frothing at the mouth. It can only get better couldn't of inherited much worse.

Ok understood but what is he doing to improve the roster there has to better players available out there on practice squads, free agents on the street guys. Our starting TE has 5 catches for 17 yards. 

Im not blaming JD for anything bad here im blaming him for not doing much of anything about it thats all. 

OL needs help any help. CB's on waivers we ignore. 

I would CUT all the JAG's and bring in young hungry players who want to play and make a name for themselves scour other teams practice squads see what they've got, cant be any worse than some of the players here. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

We bitched at both Idzik and Mac when they made manic moves (PERCY HARVIN ANYONE), yet JD is not doing that, understanding this season is about seeing what he has where before allocating any resources to a position, and everyone is bitching that he isn't making panic moves.

You can't make this stuff up as a Jet fan!

So instead you put your franchise QB on the field with all this sh*t and get him killed. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dont see much good that could come from addressing this mess right now.

Maybe bringing on some other teams practice squad players and getting rid of the garbage here. Look for players to build on elsewhere they all obviously aren't here. 

New England Patriots practice squad: TE Stephen Anderson, LB Terez Hall, FB Jakob Johnson, DL Ufomba Kamalu, LB Calvin Munson, OL Dan Skipper, OL Tyree St. Louis and DL Nick Thurman 

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Douglas holding a press conference to say "I got this" and getting peppered with BS questions from Manish and Cimini does NOTHING to move this franchise in the right direction.  Actions speak louder than words.  Let's see what he does prior to the trade deadline Oct 29th.  I'd be surprised if he's not active.  My gut feel is we're going to be 0-7 or 1-6 and he's going to be selling...

Selling? Hopefully not the franchise RB that took us years to get haven't had one since Curtis Martin or the Safety Jamal Adams that brings it every play and is all heart and soul. 

37 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Actually, I was all for him sitting for the year, but there are a lot of fans out there thinking we will still make the playoffs.

BTW, what moves is JD going to do to keep Darnold from getting killed? 

Do you have actually players in mind?  I mean, we need starters right across the O-Line.  NOT sure you are going to find 5 caliber starting OL on the waiver wire.

Sitting him does us nothing we need to evaluate him further,ive said in other threads if he flat out stinks the remaining 13 games we need to draft another QB 

The moves would be bringing in some other OL on other teams practice squads or on the street(no more old retired guys), I liked the McDermott signing our guys are bad even though Lewis and Harrison are decent. 

The Vyncint Smith signing might be a good move by JD this kid has a lot of upside. 

I would take a flier on another teams practice squad TE there has to be someone better out there. 5 catches 17 yards in 4 games is really bad. 

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

So what player in that group would you bring in and why? Who would be the corresponding cut?

It's October, we're not getting anyone that is going too help this team right now. It is what it is, why is that so hard for you to understand.

I personally don't have the scouting reports and i don't have a scouting department so I wouldn't know who would be good and who would be bad. 

We have some really bad players on the roster and I find it hard to believe out of 31 other NFL teams we cant improve our roster with a few practice squad pickups. 

There has to be some hungry OL men big fast and strong yearning for a chance at the NFL. 

Who knows. 

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Calm down, buddy.

You've followed football long enough to know that any QB drafted high in the first round most likely isn't going to  very good team. You also know that very few teams that bad have a good OL.

Darnold will have to do what every other young QB like him has to do. Go out there, take a few hits, learn the game on the NFL level the hard way. There are no short cuts, you can't coddle him.

It's his second year, the kid needs to get out there and start producing, or at least start showing he will someday soon. He's already missed 3 games, this season is shot. There's not much left except watching him to see who he is.

Lets stop whining (not saying you) that we're worried he's going to get killed by the OL, or that we should keep him out the whole year until JD "fixes things". Again, it's his second year, and we're into the seasons 6th week. It's time for him to get going out there. Lets sit back and enjoy watching him actually being out there playing, hopefully that turns into some wins also.

Adam Gase needs to figure it all out he had all pre-season to see that the OL sucked we brought in Lewis and McDermott use them if these other guys suck so bad. Frustrating as hell watching Bell one of the top RB's in the NFL struggle here. 0-4 sucks and it takes its toll on everyone. 50 years and counting. Lets hope Sam Darnold can make the NY Jets great again. 

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Kalil was worth a shot.   Dude has nothing

JD and the NY Jets need to retire him again ASAP 

• Upvote 1

I think we need a JD bobblehead day at the stadium this way everyone can have him close by, nearby  in their cars on the dashboard and will see him all the time. When you're pissed at him you can throw him, knock his head down his throat, do whatever this way no one complain about not seeing JD anymore. Best way to introduce him to the fans. 

@SAR I  get your Jets people on this. 

Related image

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

Unfortunately there's nothing he can do. It must be as frustrating for him as it is for us fans? 

Ya think!  He's getting paid millions it costs us money to be fans of this team. 

Win or lose he gets a nice paycheck. 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Once Kalil is benched watch this OL suddenly get better

Agree dude is toast. 

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Supposedly Douglas is in talks with Willie Roaf’s agent

I thought Tony Manderich. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company