Sam Cleared For Contact & Will Start Sunday

Lith

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

dals.jpg

Not so fast.

While I'm not saying this game is easy to win, I will say that the Dallas Cowboys are the Buffalo Bills of the NFC.  They beat the scrubs and are not a challenge for the elites.

Dallas' victories are over teams with a combined 2-12 record.  If the Jets put up an effort, this is a legit game.

SAR I

That and the team should have a little extra energy with Darnold returning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think the Defense is going to play lights out, if Sam can score a td early... That will light a fire under the team that this team can score and defense won't be responsible for trying to score all the TDs.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

dals.jpg

Not so fast.

While I'm not saying this game is easy to win, I will say that the Dallas Cowboys are the Buffalo Bills of the NFC.  They beat the scrubs and are not a challenge for the elites.

Dallas' victories are over teams with a combined 2-12 record.  If the Jets put up an effort, this is a legit game.

SAR I

The Same Bills that are 4-1 and narrowly lost the the World Champ New England Patriots?

28 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

The same Bills that narrowly beat an 0-4 Jets team that had starting QB with mono.

You have to Win the games, they have.

They overcome four turnovers to win and a 16 point deficit.

The Bills haves top 3 Defence. What’s our excuse? - Earth to Jets fans, we are currently the worst team in the league.

At least Miami have the excuse, they are trying to lose. 

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id have to agree.  They will beat miami teice, Washington, cincy and pitt.  Maybe the giants too.

This is a 5 or 6 win team.

So at 6 wins with the victories against the Dolphins, Redskins, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins, and Steelers, the only thing separating the Jets from the playoffs are wins against the Jaguars, Raiders, and Bills.  That's not scary.  That's actually encouraging.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CTM said:

This is a playoff game for the Jets, plain and simple.  The Cowboys come in doubting themselves and beat up, the Jets are going to be pumped up with the crowd completely energized, its got the potential to be a special afternoon.  Jets need to come out and score quickly.  Will fuel the Cowboy's panic and keep the crowed fully engaged. 

F'ing Herndon and Mosley.  Damn it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ah the pre-excuses... confidence wavering?

Yes.  No excuses.  I really was counting on Herndon as a receiving threat and Mosley to QB our defense and personally fix our chronic soft middle.  Not having both seriously f'cks me up.  Thrilled one minute, depressed the next.  That's the summary of this disastrous early part of the season.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes.  No excuses.  I really was counting on Herndon as a receiving threat and Mosley to QB our defense and personally fix our chronic soft middle.  Not having both seriously f'cks me up.  Thrilled one minute, depressed the next.  That's the summary of this disastrous early part of the season.

SAR I

Yeah, well, I'd just focus on Darnold's development and drop the playoff hopes at this point but that's just me.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So at 6 wins with the victories against the Dolphins, Redskins, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins, and Steelers, the only thing separating the Jets from the playoffs are wins against the Jaguars, Raiders, and Bills.  That's not scary.  That's actually encouraging.

SAR I

Its not encouraging cause now your are asking the team to win 9 out of its last 10 games.  No matter who you are playing, the talent on this team is t good enough to win 9 out of 10 games.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There never are any in professional sport. That's left to the commentators and fans to give themselves a pass. Excuses only satisfy those that make them.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah, well, I'd just focus on Darnold's development and drop the playoff hopes at this point but that's just me.

A playoff run, even if it falls short, is an essential part of Darnold's development and Joe Douglas' ability to judge the other members of the roster.  We can't afford a mail-it-in season.  We need to see the team in a complete-state and giving 100% effort so we can figure out what we have here.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not encouraging cause now your are asking the team to win 9 out of its last 10 games.  No matter who you are playing, the talent on this team is t good enough to win 9 out of 10 games.

Sure it is.  If we had a complete roster. 

We're thin as paper thanks to Maccagnan, we all know this.  If key players like Darnold and Mosley are healthy the rest of the way we have a chance, and adds like Herndon and Copeland really help too.  I would just like to see all these guys on the field before we fold the tent and make decisions on our future.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A playoff run, even if it falls short, is an essential part of Darnold's development and Joe Douglas' ability to judge the other members of the roster.  We can't afford a mail-it-in season.  We need to see the team in a complete-state and giving 100% effort so we can figure out what we have here.

SAR I

This. Though it is obvious.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There is not going to be a playoff run. As close to 0% without being 0% as you can get. Asymptotal.

14 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

There never are any in professional sport. That's left to the commentators and fans to give themselves a pass. Excuses only satisfy those that make them.

Like "next man up" that's a cliche that only works when we've got a deep roster.  Which of course we don't.  We need to get healthy and stay that way so we can validate the head coach, quarterback, LB's, secondary, etc.  Very frustrating that the moment we think we're out of the woods we're back in the woods again.  Without a pass catching TE a Gase offense is limited and without a powerful ILB to call plays and protect the soft middle a Williams defense can't blitz as much.  These are two body blows, not simply swept under the rug.

I'm depressed.  Might wear Yankees gear on Sunday to cheer me up.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sure it is.  If we had a complete roster. 

We're thin as paper thanks to Maccagnan, we all know this.  If key players like Darnold and Mosley are healthy the rest of the way we have a chance, and adds like Herndon and Copeland really help too.  I would just like to see all these guys on the field before we fold the tent and make decisions on our future.

SAR I

It doesnt matter whos healthy.  The talent isnt good enough to win 9 of 10 games.  We could have all our starters out there and it would happen.  

You have lost your mind with homerism my friend.  Come back to earth.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Like "next man up" that's a cliche that only works when we've got a deep roster.  Which of course we don't.  We need to get healthy and stay that way so we can validate the head coach, quarterback, LB's, secondary, etc.  Very frustrating that the moment we think we're out of the woods we're back in the woods again.  Without a pass catching TE a Gase offense is limited and without a powerful ILB to call plays and protect the soft middle a Williams defense can't blitz as much.  These are two body blows, not simply swept under the rug.

I'm depressed.  Might wear Yankees gear on Sunday to cheer me up.

SAR I

Please don't jinx the Yankees.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

There is not going to be a playoff run. As close to 0% without being 0% as you can get. Asymptotal.

Don't be silly.  It's a long season.  An AFC team with 7 losses is going to make the playoffs, might as well be us.  Even if not, we can be playing meaningful games after Thanksgiving and that's important on many levels.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Please don't jinx the Yankees.

Usually I've got superstitions like placing a Yankees bobblehead on the mantle during playoff broadcasts, or not touching a specific Yankees hat in the closet.  But this postseason I'm doing the opposite, I'm deliberately eschewing superstitions thinking that's the superstition that's going to help.  So no jinx here.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It doesnt matter whos healthy.  The talent isnt good enough to win 9 of 10 games.  We could have all our starters out there and it would happen.  

You have lost your mind with homerism my friend.  Come back to earth.

We disagree.

Back in August, there were as many expert prognosticators saying the Jets were going to eke out a wildcard as their were those saying the Jets ceiling was 6 games.  The frustration is that we can't prove either theorem when so many key components have ludicrous injuries.  QB1 with mono?  QB2 done after five minutes?  A sturdy Raven LB getting an 8 week groin pull?  A suspended TE who gets hurt in a non-contact jog?  A durable linebacker getting an ACL in a preseason game from his own teammate?  Nightmare.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don't be silly.  It's a long season.  An AFC team with 7 losses is going to make the playoffs, might as well be us.  Even if not, we can be playing meaningful games after Thanksgiving and that's important on many levels.

SAR I

Might as well be us oh my friend it can’t be

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Might as well be us oh my friend it can’t be

Having listened to just about every press conference and interviews from coaches and players I'm happy to report the sickening level of cowardice many of you display daily is nowhere to be seen in on the team.

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Usually I've got superstitions like placing a Yankees bobblehead on the mantle during playoff broadcasts, or not touching a specific Yankees hat in the closet.  But this postseason I'm doing the opposite, I'm deliberately eschewing superstitions thinking that's the superstition that's going to help.  So no jinx here.

SAR I

I've tried everything. (Not for baseball, but other sports) nothing works very long it seems....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Having listened to just about every press conference and interviews from coaches and players I'm happy to report the sickening level of cowardice many of you display daily is nowhere to be seen in on the team.

Again, predicting isn’t hoping. And it takes More courage to come on here and say we stink that post about how great we are, not that it matters.

15 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I think the Defense is going to play lights out, if Sam can score a td early... That will light a fire under the team that this team can score and defense won't be responsible for trying to score all the TDs.

I’m really excited about the possibilities for the Jets D in the second half of the season with Mosley, Jenkins, Copeland, etc. all back.

Isn’t Anderson hurt now too? Geez.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

675-D49-FE-15-A7-450-D-9-BE2-38-A6718-F3

Hell yeah.  This is FOOTBALL, not ballet.

SAR I