Redskins lead the NFL in something- attendance

faba

League sets overall gate record

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Redskins set the NFL's regular-season home paid attendance record for the fifth consecutive year, the league announced Monday.

The Redskins, whose 91,665-seat stadium is the largest in the NFL, drew 707,920 fans -- an average of 88,490 -- for eight home games. The New York Giants (629,874) were second, followed by the Kansas City Chiefs (623,264) and New York Jets (622,985).

Overall, the league had another record year at the gate, setting a record mark for the third straight season. NFL paid attendance for all games -- including exhibitions and playoffs -- was 21,708,624, an increase of nearly 70,000 over the previous record of 21,639,040 in 2003.

NFL regular season games drew 17,000,811 fans, or an average of 66,409 per game.

It makes me sick seeing the Jets behind the Giants in this

Stupid question, but could someone explain to me how the Giants can average almost 900 people more per game than the Jets? Since this is paid numbers and both teams are sold out, where does the difference lie?

i think it has something to do with those fat slob bitches that are Giant fans, soem count twice :roll:

Stupid question, but could someone explain to me how the Giants can average almost 900 people more per game than the Jets? Since this is paid numbers and both teams are sold out, where does the difference lie?

Giants run the stadium, they can tell lies about attendance :^o

Probably luxury box figures as the "regular" seats are sold out for both NYG & NYJ. That's the only place I can think of where there could be a difference.

Archived