our playoff run starts SUNDAY!

51 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Darnold became Pat Mahomes this team still isn't making the playoffs this year.

99% of optimistic Jet fans said the Jets had to have a great start to compete for a Wildcard spot. We all knew the opening game vs Buffalo had to be a win. They should of won, Mosely got hurt, Sam played with Mono & the bottom fell out after that. The small chance they had just wasn't in the cards. Now with Sam back let's see how they COMPETE. 

• Upvote 4

I don’t care if they win. I’d be happy with a solid game from Darnold, more  comprehension of the plays from the offense (WRs running the correct routes and the oline understanding the blocking scheme) Henderson being involved with a few first downs, Bell getting more breathing room , Q improving and getting a sack and the defense taking another step forward. 
This game will show where the team is headed and if the players and coaches are on the same page. There’s no more excuses after this. If they don’t show improvement with the returning starters it’s on the coaches. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, batman10023 said:

for us to make the playoffs we need to win one of our next two games.

i don't see how we can get to 9-7 without a win over dallas. 

Can we just win 1 game first before planning any grilling parties for the playoffs.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t care if they win. I’d be happy with a solid game from Darnold, more comprehend of the plays from the offense (WRs running the correct routes and the oline understanding the blocking scheme) Henderson being involved with a few first downs, Bell getting more breathing room , Q improving and getting a sack and the defense taking another step forward. 
This game will show where the team is headed and if the players and coaches are on the same page. There’s no more excuses after this. If they don’t show improvement with the returning starters it’s on the coaches. 

Well said. Progress not perfection. Baby steps. Even if we lose the next 3, which is likely since there very tough games, I’d be thrilled if the offense stepped up and made it competitive. It’s almost like the first game of the year. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This again??  How many playoff threads are going to be opened? We are 0-4.  Only jets fans.

It’s like some of us hatched from an egg yesterday. There is no rational or historical basis for this kind of optimism.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

You do realize to get too 9-7 they would have to go 9-3 right? Let's get 1 win and go from there okay?

A 6-10 finish would mean this crappy team managed to tread .500 the rest of the way, and that alone would be encouraging. Ask Jim Mora about the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

You do realize to get too 9-7 they would have to go 9-3 right? Let's get 1 win and go from there okay?

In 2002 we started 2-5 and ended up winning the division at 9-7. Praying for that type of season here but in no way, shape or form expecting it.

Would love to see the offense look legit with Darnold back Sunday.

• Upvote 1

The most SOJ thing ever would be to get to 7-7 with the possibility of making the playoffs only to lay two fat goose eggs in the final two games to miss the playoffs. Alternately, we get to 8-7 by winning in comeback fashion against the Steelers only to get beat by the Bills and their back up QB.

Reality is that we end up with two to four wins. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The most SOJ thing ever would be to get to 7-7 with the possibility of making the playoffs only to lay two fat goose eggs in the final two games to miss the playoffs. Alternately, we get to 8-7 by winning in comeback fashion against the Steelers only to get beat by the Bills and their back up QB.

i'd love to make a wager on the number of wins, if someone is willing to take the under at 3.5.

your 8-7 scenario with a loss in the last week - while tough it would mean we go 8-3 over the next 11 weeks.  that is a lot of entertainment for the next 2.5 months.  

On 10/9/2019 at 5:00 AM, New York Mick said:

I don’t care if they win. I’d be happy with a solid game from Darnold, more  comprehension of the plays from the offense (WRs running the correct routes and the oline understanding the blocking scheme) Henderson being involved with a few first downs, Bell getting more breathing room , Q improving and getting a sack and the defense taking another step forward. 

Thank you....  Sam will improve things but you have a HC who doesn't even know who his starting OL is going to be let alone being on the same page...  If Bells statement about people not knowing their assignments after how many pratices, games , film study then I think we have our answer about this HC and O CS.   

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I think we'll finish with something more like six wins, because that way our draft status would be kinda f*cked, as well. 

But I agree with everything else. 

• Upvote 1