our playoff run starts SUNDAY!

On 10/8/2019 at 2:54 PM, Billsfan35 said:

Hahahaha. More like the run at the #1 overall pick. Go bills 

I think you’re a bit of a  douche. Also perhaps pushing your chest out just a bit much for a team that has only made the playoffs twice in the last 25 years.

Having said that. Can’t blame you for laughing. The way the Jets have played for anyone to suggest they’re going on any sort of playoff run is comical.

With Darnold back if they can play 500 football from here on out and finish 6-10 that should more than please any reasonable Jet fan. They have a lot of work to do. Bottom line- the Jets ( when whole) are a lot better than they’ve showed without Darnold -as well as the other 6 starters - but are certainly not a playoff teams either 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i'd love to make a wager on the number of wins, if someone is willing to take the under at 3.5.

your 8-7 scenario with a loss in the last week - while tough it would mean we go 8-3 over the next 11 weeks.  that is a lot of entertainment for the next 2.5 months.  

I would never bet against the Jets unless they were laying 24.5 and I though that they would only win by 24. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2019 at 12:29 PM, batman10023 said:

for us to make the playoffs we need to win one of our next two games.

i don't see how we can get to 9-7 without a win over dallas. 

The Dallas Cowboys are currently ranked #1 overall in team offense (452 YPG) and 9th in scoring (26.2 PPG).  They are ranked 4th in the Pass, and 6th in the Rush.  Their Defense is ranked 6th overall in yards, and 7th in points allowed.

The New York Jets are currently ranked dead last in team offense (179 YPG) and next to dead last in scoring (9.8 PPG), ahead of only the Miami Dolphins.  We are 32nd in the pass, and 30th in the rush.  The Defense is ranked 12th overall in yards, and 25th in point allowed.

Our TE and MLB appear to not be ready for Sunday, meaning we only get Sam Darnold back.

How do you believe Coach Gase will lead our Jets to victory on Sunday?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The Dallas Cowboys are currently ranked #1 overall in team offense (452 YPG) and 9th in scoring (26.2 PPG).  They are ranked 4th in the Pass, and 6th in the Rush.  Their Defense is ranked 6th overall in yards, and 7th in points allowed.

The New York Jets are currently ranked dead last in team offense (179 YPG) and next to dead last in scoring (9.8 PPG), ahead of only the Miami Dolphins.  We are 32nd in the pass, and 30th in the rush.  The Defense is ranked 12th overall in yards, and 25th in point allowed.

Our TE and MLB appear to not be ready for Sunday, meaning we only get Sam Darnold back.

How do you believe Coach Gase will lead our Jets to victory on Sunday?

I actually think the Jets will be very competitive on Sunday.  This is like a reset on the season for them.  Im not saying they will win the game, but i think it is going to be a hard fought battle.

Then again if dink and darnold returns then all bets are off.

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

In 2002 we started 2-5 and ended up winning the division at 9-7. Praying for that type of season here but in no way, shape or form expecting it.

Would love to see the offense look legit with Darnold back Sunday.

17 years ago. Different time. Different Team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

This is like a reset on the season for them.

How so? 

Other than the return of Darnold, no other factor will have changed from previous weeks.  Do you believe the entire team can go from grossly noncompetitive and completely unproductive/unable to block for the QB, to "very competitive" purely on the return of a 22 year old QB who hasn't played a snap in a game in over a month and may still have lingering effects of his unusual (for the NFL) illness?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How so? 

Other than the return of Darnold, no other factor will have changed from previous weeks.  Do you believe the entire team can go from grossly noncompetitive and completely unproductive/unable to block for the QB, to "very competitive" purely on the return of a 22 year old QB who hasn't played a snap in a game in over a month and may still have lingering effects of his unusual (for the NFL) illness?

Yes.  They knew they had no shot with falk.  Now they at least have a chance w/ a competent qb.  

This game is mental.  Going into a game w/ falk is like going to a gun fight w a knife.  It was over before they came out of the locker room.

Actually having a chance will inspire better play.

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

I think you’re a bit of a  douche. Also perhaps pushing your chest out just a bit much for a team that has only made the playoffs twice in the last 25 years.

Having said that. Can’t blame you for laughing. The way the Jets have played for anyone to suggest they’re going on any sort of playoff run is comical.

With Darnold back if they can play 500 football from here on out and finish 6-10 that should more than please any reasonable Jet fan. They have a lot of work to do. Bottom line- the Jets ( when whole) are a lot better than they’ve showed without Darnold -as well as the other 6 starters - but are certainly not a playoff teams either 

In all seriousness before the season I picked you guys to finish 2nd in the East and even make the wildcard. I still think ,and have said along, that Allen and Darnold will both be the best QBs from the 18’ draft. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

In all seriousness before the season I picked you guys to finish 2nd in the East and even make the wildcard. I still think ,and have said along, that Allen and Darnold will both be the best QBs from the 18’ draft. 

Okay- so maybe not such a douche.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

dals.jpg

Nice stats, but that's all they are. 

The Dallas Cowboys are the Buffalo Bills of the NFC.  Can feast on scrubs, get beat by elites, the record of the teams they have beaten is 2-12.  If Sam plays well this is a legit ballgame.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

bills.jpg

Sorry about 8-8.  It looked so promising too.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

Okay- so maybe not such a douche.

Yea injuries absolutely devastated you guys early on this year. Darnold needs a better line and better WRs too. People don’t realize that each QB is different and some peak early and some take time. Allen and Darnold in my opinion have the highest ceilings from that class. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Go down in flames buddy.  You’ve gotten this far.  Guarantee the win.  Come on.  You gotta do it.

He already did in a previous post. When I put the question to SAR I to predict which of the Cowboys or Patriots the Jets would beat he said both of them.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

dals.jpg

Nice stats, but that's all they are. 

The Dallas Cowboys are the Buffalo Bills of the NFC.  Can feast on scrubs, get beat by elites, the record of the teams they have beaten is 2-12.  If Sam plays well this is a legit ballgame.

SAR I

It’s funny like I said is because you talk sh*t about Bills feasting on scrubs, but your talk of the Jets making the playoffs is ALL based on the Jets feasting on scrubs to get there. So what is your point of bring up who the Bills beat so far especially when your team doesn’t even have ONE WIN yet and is starting 0-5, the 0-6 right in the face. 

Funny thing is the scrub teams that you claim the Bills beat so far, I’m telling you right now the JETS WONT beat. The supposed to be good team the Jets played guess what, the Bills will beat some. The one elite team we played was a one score game where we held their offense to 9 points. To steal a page out of your book, if the Bills didn’t have their punt blocked for a TD and our QB didn’t get hurt in the 4th qrt we would have won. ( see how that goes) We lost but the Bills played them competitively. Well see how the Jets do against them in a couple of weeks from now

Just face it until shown otherwise the Jets are just another of one of the scrub teams that you claim the BILLS are just feasting on.

Don’t worry you will make up 2 year excuse for losing games because your QB to his own admission played at 85% as opposed to 100% because he wasn’t feeling well in a week 1 game. He basically played with a cold worst case because he didn’t even have full mono at the time because if he did he would have busted his spleen out there playing.

2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

It’s funny like I said is because you talk sh*t about Bills feasting on scrubs, but <snip>

As a Buffalo Bills fan you should spend you time worrying about:

1.  RG4 and when he's going to throw his predictable 3 picks in a game again and when he's going to get hurt again.

2.  What you are going to do on New Year's Eve to cheer yourself up after the Jets knock you back to Rochester.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

1.  RG4 and when he's going to throw his predictable 3 picks in a game again and when he's going to get hurt again.

2.  What you are going to do on New Year's Eve to cheer yourself up after the Jets knock you back to Rochester.

SAR I

Rochester > Buffalo

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

And you should be worried about you not living in reality and whether or not your Coach/Org is going to ruin your supposed to be Franchise Quarterback because right now its looks like your organization keeps making the same JETS mistakes over and over and over again,

Regarding Josh Allen dont worry about that playmaker. He is still learning to hone his superpowers. He and the BILLS are just fine about to be 5-1 in a couple of weeks. Just try to get your FIRST win this week. 

Regarding your 2nd point. When really was the last time the Jets killed the BILLS. Seriously. 

SAR you are such a loser. Get Well!

21 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

And you should be worried about you not living in reality and whether or not your Coach/Org is going to ruin your supposed to be Franchise Quarterback because right now its looks like your organization keeps making the same JETS mistakes over and over and over again,

Nope.  We've turned a corner.  We finally have the right owner, the right GM, and the right head coach all at the same time.  And our quarterback looks to be pretty good.  The New York Jets are the team in the AFC East that's going to be the most ready to assume the crown when the Patriots are over.  Be happy for us.

26 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Regarding Josh Allen dont worry about that playmaker. He is still learning to hone his superpowers. He and the BILLS are just fine about to be 5-1 in a couple of weeks. Just try to get your FIRST win this week. 

Your strong start is a mirage.  Talk to me when the Jets are sitting at 7-6 with 3 to play and you've bitten your nails down to the quick and soiled yourself.  New Year's Eve is approaching faster than you think.

27 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

SAR you are such a loser. Get Well!

SAR has an 8-figure net worth.

SAR I

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nope.  We've turned a corner.  We finally have the right owner, the right GM, and the right head coach all at the same time.  And our quarterback looks to be pretty good.  The New York Jets are the team in the AFC East that's going to be the most ready to assume the crown when the Patriots are over.  Be happy for us.

Your strong start is a mirage.  Talk to me when the Jets are sitting at 7-6 with 3 to play and you've bitten your nails down to the quick and soiled yourself.  New Year's Eve is approaching faster than you think.

SAR I

You lost me when u said GASE is a good coach

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Does that include decimal points?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

This is actually a big game for the Jets. We are at home. We have a young decent upcoming QB. If Gase can pull some plays out his ass like last weeks one touchdown maybe we can keep them off balance. Jets are gonna want this game more. Dallas might be missing a few players also. This is a winnable game. Win this game and we have the Pats coming into town and maybe we are a bit healthier. We need our O line to suddenly jell. Stranger things have happened. We've had all the bad luck so far - but luck can change on a dime. Lets just take it 1 game at a time but if the Jets can resemble an NFL team and pull out a win it would be huge!