pitt down to qb4

kmnj

but they will compete and their coach will  game plan to their strengths

ours not so much

now that sam is back and  herdon is back we shall flourish right?

Jets will lose 41-17 this week which is them floursihing....

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 21

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

ours not so much

They had their starter for 1.5 games amd their HC has them humming along at 1-4

Yeah......I'm jealous, woooohooooo

ADAT*

*Another dumb assed thread

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I assume by strengths, you mean, an offensive line that ranks as one of the best in the league at pass blocking?

Because, that's probably helpful to have, instead of one that's you know, among worst in the league.

So O-Line > QB then? :-k

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Best OLine in football... Just stop...

so now it is the line-I thought it was because of the scrub qb-I see now when they suck with sam it wont be gase's fault cause of the line

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The op is correct.  The whole mantra of the Gaseologists is 'what is he supposed to do with a 2nd string......3rd string QB!!!'

When that gets shot out of the water it is "What is he supposed to do with a poor oline!"  etc etc etc

All the while ignoring the poor game plans, poor play calling and other coaching foibles.  Also letting him off the hook for being the guy that went out and got 'the worst QB to walk the earth'.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Steelers are 1-4 and got stomped a couple games..  now they'll get stomped harder... what is this thread?

I said they competed which they did-the were not stomped a couple of games they lost one game big to the pats

lets look at how poorly they competed with scrub qbs

lost to seatle by 2 28-26

Lost to the 9ers who look great 24-20

Lost to the ravens 26-23 after getting screwed by a bad call by refs

that is competing

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I said they competed which they did-the were not stomped a couple of games they lost one game big to the pats

lets look at how poorly they competed with scrub qbs

lost to seatle by 2 28-26

Lost to the 9ers who look great 24-20

Lost to the ravens 26-23 after getting screwed by a bad call by refs

that is competing

All that is with the backup QB which is vastly different than your 3rd string. Remember Falk looked Ok against the Browns when Semian went down. When an NFL  DC can game plan knowing that will be the starting QB its a different ballgame. 

24 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think he was demonstrating that he doesn't like to start sentences with capital letters, doesn't use punctuation, and doesn't know how to spell Herndon.  That's about all I took away from this.

Beats me. lol

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so now it is the line-I thought it was because of the scrub qb-I see now when they suck with sam it wont be gase's fault cause of the line

What are you talking about. The Oline is an issue but Sam hides it because of his play.... Third string QBs can't... Steelers have the best OLine in football, they can get away with lesser talent at QB... Its really not that hard to understand... Obviously its tougher for you

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What are you talking about. The Oline is an issue but Sam hides it because of his play.... Third string QBs can't... Steelers have the best OLine in football, they can get away with lesser talent at QB... Its really not that hard to understand... Obviously its tougher for you

I think the Steelers head coach has more years at the helm too, but I gotta look into that.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I think the Steelers head coach has more years at the helm too, but I gotta look into that.

Um, I think your right, what year did Tomlin start putting in the systems he likes to run? And his oline is twice as good as the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

I read tons of posts saying no coach could compete with a scrub qb-pitt has against tough opponents. 

I see now the bar has been moved to no coach can compete with a bad online or Gase has  not coached as long as Tomin so he gets a pass.

I bet you folks loved Rich Kotite and Al Groh  too

• Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You know Pittsburgh is 1-4?

yes and they competed in most games -losing three to top caliber teams by 3 points or less-

the jets on the other hand have not competed and been blown out looking like a high school team out there

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

ours not so much

Pitt has a good oline and good skill position players at WR. They've had time prior to this year in their system.

What strengths would you game plan to? Would you accentuate the fact that the oline can't run or pass block? How about being on QB three with no online? How would you mask that? Maybe run more? Wait no teams are keying on Bell...

• Upvote 2