maybe it's time to take a breath on gase

Gase is a flat out loser who has excuse after excuse made up for him. I get that Darnold missed 3 games, but having 2 weeks to prep for the eagles and their so so defense and the performance they displayed was pitiful. Bama could of beat that Jets team. Once again, how has this coach PROVEN he can achieve success? Never should of been hired to begin with. Fans scream about the offensive line, can you name the Pats offensive lineman? They seem to get the job done. And please for the love of God, in no way am I comparing Belichick n Gase! The point is you coach and scheme with the players in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As frustrating and mind numbing as the last four games were to watch (as well as the last 10 years) consider for a moment the position that Gase is in. You have developed an offense and a playbook that requires a smart, athletic, mobile quarterback to execute. You actually cart out that offense in pre-season and score on your first possession in two games where qb1 starts, something the Jets have failed to do in, like, forever. Then you lose the ONLY athletic mobile QB On your roster. You are left with Luke Falk who makes Rick Mirer look like Tom Brady. If he tries to run that offense......he has no hope. So you try to simplify it and in the process everyone is out of sync. You rely on the ONLY true playmaker on the team who is healthy and in the lineup to carry you and in the NFL of 2019 you get the expected result. The D keeps you in the game as long as you can but you simply can’t win games in the NFL like this in 2019.

Let see what happens the next three weeks. There is enough offensive talent on this team to at LEAST score two to three TD’’s with Darnold. . If it’s the same old same old can’t move the ball with your smart athletic mobile QB then, yup, Gregg Williams time. If the offense scores and games are close.....give Gase and Douglas a year to get the roster right.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GuitarJet said:

As frustrating and mind numbing as the last four games were to watch (as well as the last 10 years) consider for a moment the position that Gase is in. You have developed an offense and a playbook that requires a smart, athletic, mobile quarterback to execute. You actually cart out that offense in pre-season and score on your first possession in two games where qb1 starts, something the Jets have failed to do in, like, forever. Then you lose the ONLY athletic mobile QB On your roster. You are left with Luke Falk who makes Rick Mirer look like Tom Brady. If he tries to run that offense......he has no hope. So you try to simplify it and in the process everyone is out of sync. You rely on the ONLY true playmaker on the team who is healthy and in the lineup to carry you and in the NFL of 2019 you get the expected result. The D keeps you in the game as long as you can but you simply can’t win games in the NFL like this in 2019.

Let see what happens the next three weeks. There is enough offensive talent on this team to at LEAST score two to three TD’’s with Darnold. . If it’s the same old same old can’t move the ball with your smart athletic mobile QB then, yup, Gregg Williams time. If the offense scores and games are close.....give Gase and Douglas a year to get the roster right.

THIS.

8 hours ago, GuitarJet said:

The truth is the Oline is also terrible so if Sam Darnold is constantly running for his life, you have to factor that into your evaluation. I remember when Green Bay suffered a bunch of injuries up front & even with the best QB in the league in Rogers struggled mightily. This is a team game. 

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I have been one of Gase's biggest detractors, hated the hire and still do...

With that said, we really can't condemn him for his record to-date.  I would like to have seen the team be more competitive but he was put in a tough spot.  He deserves the season to prove himself.

No excuses now though.

Agreed, but he likely gets 2 with an offseason in between.  Without improvement, he's toast.