Why Jets’ Sam Darnold’s return is bad news for Adam Gase

Well I didn't want Gase here to begin with for reasons I've made plain to everyone over and over again so I'll spare you the spiel.

The problem as I see it is trust. As anyone who has played or coached at any level knows if you don't trust the guy behind Center nothing works. It doesn't matter how good the scheme is, how open your WR's are, or how good your running game is. If the guys don't trust the QB can do the job or get the ball to them it all falls apart. That's why I believe the Jets will look like a different team offensively this coming Sunday. While they may not put on a show like some think I think they will have a good showing. I don't think they are going to win the game outright but they will keep it close and have a shot at it in the 4th qtr.

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adam Gase needs to let Sam Darnold either win or lose this game period.  Let him run around like his hair is on fire and make plays. Roll him out and let the kid try and extend plays. Sam Darnold shou

This is a magma-hot lazer-hot take that getting the starting QB back is “bad news” for the head coach. If you found this article compelling, ask yourself why you want the Jets to lose and for Gase to

Wow A rare, good article from our mouthbreathing beat dicks.

Posted Images

If the jets lose, it will all depend on how they go down if you can blame Gase. We are 5 games into the season. There is some film on the Boys. If we look like we have just seen a Pro team for the first time as they have for every game this season, that is a flat out great reason to pile on Gase. If we go down say 17 to 24, that is major progress  and there might be hope.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Fish, we don’t know if he is or if he isn’t. What coaching hire, ever, could you say that about? I certainly wasn’t pounding the table for Gase this offseason, but he’s our coach now and, because of that one fact, Maccagnan is gone and we attracted a presumed top-tier GM candidate in Joe Douglas. The roster is ******* garbage and that’s a universally acknowledged fact (outside of a single room in a Rochester hostel), and the high-end expectation for the team was six or seven wins, and that was with Darnold becoming a very good QB right away. Without Darnold, it’s easily the worst team in football, and that’s what we got for 3 1/2 weeks. If you hated Gase coming in, you’d hate Gase now because he didn’t create a miracle with Luke Falk against the Pats or Eagles. If you liked Gase coming in, there’s no reason to jump ship yet because, as I said, competing for any wins this year was 100% contingent on Darnold being good. 

Here’s a thought exercise: Let’s say they hired your preferred coach, and that coach lost Darnold after Week One, and lost Simiean a quarter into Week Two. Is the record any different? Does Mike McCarthy have the offense looking any better? Does Luke Falk put up a few more TDs? Ok. Let’s say that Luke Falk puts up two TDs every week. The result? You’re still 0-4, except now you still have Mike Maccagnan as your GM. It simply would not be worth it. 

Tom I’ll reply to this later, want to give it it’s just due and I’m about to go offline. Later bro.

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, there was some reason. Avery was in there getting reps as the defensive signal-caller as a contingency plan in the awful event that C.J. Mosley could not play. It's just ironic that that contingency plan got Avery injured (on a freak accident being hit by one of our guys, no less), just to see, a week later, that awful event occur in which Avery was needed to be prepared for, anyway.

The universe is funny sometimes.

That's not the way it's done in the league, Spoot. You don't leave one of your best players out on an island with the scrubs that late in a preseason game. There's just no need to risk what happened happening. Gase even admitted he screwed up.

The way I heard it was Gase wanted someone with experience to call the defense for the second and third string guys, Six of one, half dozen of the other from what you heard. He could've rotated those guys in earlier if he wanted to see how they looked, or just let them wing it against the scrubs across the way.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm content to leave all the "dickslapping" to you Nut, I don't really swing that way.

Now, please stop spamming me with all the "JetNut is has been spam-quoting and spam neg-repping you" notification messages. 

Dude, seriously, you're a grown man.  You're on ignore.  You know you're on ignore.  You've been on ignore for literally months and months now.  At some point, it really should sink in that I don't want to engage with you and I most assuredly don't want to be spammed with your barely legible, typo filled scribblings. 

As Max once asked, I am doing everything I can to leave you alone, and not engage with you unless you spam me. 

You, on the other hand, seem literally obsessed with me and what I think.  

Let it go ffs.  Seriously.  This is bordering on clinical. You don't like how I think?  Great!  Ignore me!

You're arguing with a guy who by his own admission, was jumped by his fellow co-workers and had his face caved in.  If someone is that much of a prick that his fellow co-workers are forced to those extremes, what do you expect here where everything is anonymous. Let that sink in.....can't make this shlit up.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is a magma-hot lazer-hot take that getting the starting QB back is “bad news” for the head coach. If you found this article compelling, ask yourself why you want the Jets to lose and for Gase to fail. It’s not because you want a different coach—the imaginary coach in your head isn’t coming here. It’s because the Jets are terrible and you simply want one guy to blame for it, and Gase is that next man up. Open a window and get some air.

Spot on. The agendas are strong here.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

That's not the way it's done in the league, Spoot. You don't leave one of your best players out on an island with the scrubs that late in a preseason game. There's just no need to risk what happened happening. Gase even admitted he screwed up.

The way I heard it was Gase wanted someone with experience to call the defense for the second and third string guys, Six of one, half dozen of the other from what you heard. He could've rotated those guys in earlier if he wanted to see how they looked, or just let them wing it against the scrubs across the way.

It's not like leaving your potential starting QB in behind a 3rd string Oline late in a 4th pre-season game. Avery is a linebacker. He's not meant to be protected from contact. He's going to hit/get hit no matter what level of competition is in. And, besides, it was a freak accident and collision with a teammate. Could've happened at any point in the game, in any game.

Out of the things you can blame Gase for, this one is hardly near the top of the list, imo.

*shrugs*

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is a magma-hot lazer-hot take that getting the starting QB back is “bad news” for the head coach. If you found this article compelling, ask yourself why you want the Jets to lose and for Gase to fail. It’s not because you want a different coach—the imaginary coach in your head isn’t coming here. It’s because the Jets are terrible and you simply want one guy to blame for it, and Gase is that next man up. Open a window and get some air.

Haha, didn't you openly root against mac and rex for the better part of 10 years