Herndon is hurt

25 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Hate to say I told you so ?‍♂️

Sucks. Wish it wasn’t true. 

Just curious.  How did you get the advance notice? You knew before any of the beat reporters.  (Then again, the Jets tell them nothing it seems.)

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Next man up would be the correct thing to do but we don't have anyone. 

Ryan Griffin 5 catches for 17 yards in 4 games :chas:

Who do you want that is available?  Yes, I know your comment to this will be "it's not my job to know"

The TE that you want are few and far between and not walking around unemployed. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So game 5 no TE!!!!!!!!  WTF is JD and Adam Gase doing??????

How would JD and Gase know that Herndon would pull his hammy the day his suspension ended? 

I guess JD should go to the waiver wire and pick up whatever washed up TEs are out there?  I'm sure they can find some all-pro TEs just waiting to get the call.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Next man up would be the correct thing to do but we don't have anyone. 

Ryan Griffin 5 catches for 17 yards in 4 games :chas:

Fact: Ryan Griffin once caught 50 passes for 500 yards (similar as Herndon last year) from a combination of Tom Savage and Brock Osweiler. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

it's time.

Not really that type of player...He's not going to stretch the seam..He doesn't have that type of speed. His forte is blocking and catching a 8-10 yard pass and maybe break a few tackles. At least that's how I view him based on draft reports and highlights. 

Daniel Brown is the closest to Herndon from a speed / stretching the seam perspective (former WR)..

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Is George Kittle available?  

He was, in the late 4th round when the Jets got cute and selected the CAL WR who has amounted to nothing.  TEs hadn’t come off the board.  We thought we could get the TE 7 picks later in the top of the 5th.  First went Kittle, then Butt, and low and behold we selected our next great TE, Jordan Leggett!  

Boy, Macc had some awful picks in retrospect.

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Apparently, Herndon was "running routes on his own" this past Friday.  Does that mean he still wasn't with the team because of suspension until this week and was practicing on his own?

Tell me how that's Gase's fault by the way.

I didn’t say it was gases FAULT. I said players always get hurt UNDER Gase as in it’s bad juju. It was more a joke than anything.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Phillyjet said:

He was, in the late 4th round when the Jets got cute and selected the CAL WR who has amounted to nothing.  TEs hadn’t come off the board.  We thought we could get the TE 7 picks later in the top of the 5th.  First went Kittle, then Butt, and low and behold we selected our next great TE, Jordan Leggett!  

Speaking of Leggett, I realize he's no Kittle, but how many people are?

That move Gase made, cutting him to send a message back when he got to play GM for a few days, has really aged well.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Apparently, Herndon was "running routes on his own" this past Friday.  Does that mean he still wasn't with the team because of suspension until this week and was practicing on his own?

Tell me how that's Gase's fault by the way.

No, Herndon has been with the team the entire season 

13 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Injuries do happen & hammys can tweak rather easily. Unfortunately it's a bad time for Herndon to get hurt. For the Jets its just a string of bad luck. Def needed his services this week.

Didn't you hear?  Didn't you read earlier in this thread?  Herndon's injury is all JD's and Gase's fault.  They should have known on Thursday that Herndon would pull the hammy the dayof reinstatement. Not only should they have predicted it was going to happen but they should have signed a starter ready and able to fill those shoes instantly because there are so many available TEs in the market now.  How can you not join the Haters-Club on this one?  Somer Jets fan you are.  Get with the program dude. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No, Herndon has been with the team the entire season 

Strange.  Then why was he running routes on his own.

Wed, Oct 9

Chris Herndon (hamstring) is not practicing Wednesday.

Advice: Coach Adam Gase said Herndon pulled his hammy while running routes on his own last Friday. He seems doubtful at best for Week 6 against the Cowboys. Herndon was eligible to make his season debut this week after serving a four-game suspension.

More: Eric Allen on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Yes. He wasn't allowed back until after Sunday

Not true. 

According to Brian Costello, Herndon has been with the team all season. He is only not allowed to practice and play while suspended. (But he has attended team meetings, worked out in the building, etc) 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Couldn't before it or after it.  Just gives more excuses to keep the googly eyed one.  Maybe he can get an eye transplant and see that his offense is a steaming turd sandwich.

we can't judge Adam Gase until all his starters are healthy 

don't pay attention to the fact he picked Luke Falk and worked with him for 2 years prior to this one 

we can't judge 14 Sam Darnold until the line is better

don't pay attention to the fact the franchise passed on Quenton Nelson and 3 second round picks for this player 

We can't judge Joe Douglas until he's had some time 

don't pay attention to the disasterous Kalil signing, vedvik and trading with BB for Demarius Thomas, a WR who did his best STONEHANDS impression last week

We can't judge Chris Herndon for being a drunk driver he's only 22 

etc

Jets fans are experts at self-delusion 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

yep...I get it. This board loves to cry over spilled milk. But 32 NFL teams passed him over for 4+ rounds...

32 NFL teams also passed over Herndon for 3+ rounds 

JWilly's question was directed for a solution now. 

22 minutes ago, SammySweetheart said:

Didn't the Jets draft a TE in the 4th round this year that we know couldn't catch but at least would be able to help in blocking support?  He seems to be doing his job well.

Wesco another bum who couldn't catch Orlando Scandrick the world's slowest CB from behind 

Scandrick was a street free agent like 2 weeks ago

• Upvote 1

Everyone blaming Gase is a joke.  We are in this position because of years of terrible drafting in the mid rounds and not having any depth at key positions.   Blame this on Idzik and Mac.  Injures are a big part of the game not having sufficient depth is on the GM.   It's sucks, it's typical Jets but stop blaming Gase for  everything.   He got a rail thin team to work with and everybody knew staying healthy was a key between 9-7 or 4-12.    and lets recap our situation:

Herndon - 4 game suspension now a hammy

Enunwa - Out for the Year

Williamson - out for the year

Darnold - Missed 3 games

Q Williams - missed 2 1/2 of the first 4 games

Mosley - out 3 1/4 of 4 games 

These are not role player, and my point we font have any, these are starters.   We lost 6 significant starters for way to much time.

Not to mention

Anderson getting injured last game

T Johsnon with a pre season hammy and he still doesn't look good coming back from that injury

Osemele playing through injuries

D Thomas missing a game and playing last week through the injury.

No one wants excuses but come on man we have no depth to sustain this kind of nonsense.   Terrible drafting does that.   Joe Douglas has a job ahead of him.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1