jetstream23

Herndon is hurt

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Strange.  Then why was he running routes on his own.

I don’t know what “on his own” means, but I heard Costello say on WFAN yesterday (with Joe and Evan) that Herndon has been with the team since day 1.

Note: This is not the case with Copeland, who was suspended because of performance enhancing drugs. Those guys are not allowed in the building during their suspension 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Speaking of Leggett, I realize he's no Kittle, but how many people are?

That move Gase made, cutting him to send a message back when he got to play GM for a few days, has really aged well.

Tampa not using him?  Didn't they sign him to practice squad?  He could be claimed if he is still on it, right?  Tampa barely using their former 1st rd pick OJ Howard at all.  Or Brate.  Leggett inactive. Must be lazy. (His nickname, right?)

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

No! Not permitted to be w/the team, in facilities when suspended

Incorrect, Herndon has been with team and attending meetings, but not allowed to practice. However, Copeland has NOT been allowed to be in the building.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not true. 

According to Brian Costello, Herndon has been with the team all season. He is only not allowed to practice and play while suspended. (But he has attended team meetings, worked out in the building, etc) 

Ok..then that's new. I've always have read players on suspension weren't permitted in the facility. 

Maybe those suspended for ped, failed drug tests aren't permitted..

• Upvote 1

We need a viable pass catching TE who could also block it would help the offense and Sam Darnold 
Did you see George Kittle SF the other night. 

George Kittle was drafted and developed by SF. I’m curious who’s out on the street now that Douglas can sign that’s gonna play like Kittle,

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

No! Not permitted to be w/the team, in facilities when suspended

According to Brian Costello, this is not the case.

Herndon was suspended under the league ‘s “substance abuse policy”

Those guys are allowed to be with the team while suspended. (I.e. they can attend meetings and such, but can not practice or play)

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ok..then that's new. I've always have read players on suspension weren't permitted in the facility. 

This is true, EXCEPT when the player is suspended under the substance abuse policy. Under those circumstances, the league thinks it is a bad idea to refuse the player access to team facilities, since he may be battling addiction and may need moral support/counseling  

• Upvote 2

What the sh#t Mosley?  Freakin practice already!

Gase said Mosley would have played last week if Sam did.  

Hopefully just resting even more because it's Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not true. 

According to Brian Costello, Herndon has been with the team all season. He is only not allowed to practice and play while suspended. (But he has attended team meetings, worked out in the building, etc) 

I think there are different rules for PED suspensions vs other suspensions.  Not sure.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Wesco another bum who couldn't catch Orlando Scandrick the world's slowest CB from behind 

Scandrick was a street free agent like 2 weeks ago

How many TEs can catch a CB from behind?  What a silly criticism.

Wesco has been getting increased playing time each week and made 2 standout blocks vs Philly. 

He's a blocking TE that can catch.  He will be fine.  His development is not why the offense has been putrid.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

^^ Post above

It’s because he was suspended under the substance abuse policy. Those guys are permitted  to be with the team while they are suspended. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

we can't judge 14 Sam Darnold until the line is better

don't pay attention to the fact the franchise passed on Quenton Nelson and 3 second round picks for this player 

I'd still rather have Darnold who MAY be a franchise QB.  You can't pass the opportunity to get one.  Macc would have just screwed up the 3 picks like almost every other non first round pick that he made. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I think there are different rules for PED suspensions vs other suspensions.  Not sure.

Yes, there are.

PED guys are not permitted to be in the team’s facility, but substance abuse guys are. 

• Upvote 1

Certain people carry certain energies, just look at Gase track record, same thing in Miami. He doesn't bring good energy.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Wesco has been getting increased playing time each week and made 2 standout blocks vs Philly. 

He's a blocking TE that can catch.  He will be fine.  His development is not why the offense has been putrid.

His zero catches so far with our #1 receiving TE out certainly shows he can catch.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Certain people carry certain energies, just look at Gase track record, same thing in Miami. He doesn't bring good energy.

Lol. He injured them all!

16 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

put him on ignore. he's an actual idiot who doesn't even kow that it wasn't wesco  didn't make the tackle...  but #84 griffin. 

and yeah, the lead blocls were quality

Fire up Crowder in your fantasy leagues.... he's going to get about 100 targets this weekend as Darnold gets rid of the ball in 1.4 seconds to avoid getting murdered.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His zero catches so far with our #1 receiving TE out certainly shows he can catch.

You do realize that no one on the team is catching passes except 3 guys, right?  And even that is a bit of hyperbole:

Robbie Andersen is third in receptions with eleven (11) receptions.  

tell you what, when Wesco *drops* a pass, you can tell me he can't catch.  Until then, innocent until proven guilty. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

You do realize that no one on the team is catching passes except 3 guys, right?  And even that is a bit of hyperbole:

Robbie Andersen is third in receptions with eleven (11) receptions.  

tell you what, when Wesco *drops* a pass, you can tell me he can't catch.  Until then, innocent until proven guilty. 

He may have zero drops at the end of the year!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Who do you want that is available?  Yes, I know your comment to this will be "it's not my job to know"

The TE that you want are few and far between and not walking around unemployed. 

The Raiders stole Darren Waller off the Ravens practice squad late last year. The guy is easily a top three Te in football now.  ( complete Te whose developing into a very good blocker.  Throw in rookie Te Foster Moreau and they have one of the best  one two punch at Te.( I believe was taken after Wesco).  

Good Gms find players no matter where they are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

George Kittle was drafted and developed by SF. I’m curious who’s out on the street now that Douglas can sign that’s gonna play like Kittle,

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No one my point was a TE in the offense does wonders I never said we could find a Kittle in the hay stack. 

56 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

And you prob won’t. He’s terrible. At everything. Bell ripped him last week because of how bad he was in the run game.

Chalk it up as another miss by Mac. Unless he’s just a realllllly slow learner. 

Then get him the hell outta here and bring in someone who can at least try and make an effort. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t know what “on his own” means, but I heard Costello say on WFAN yesterday (with Joe and Evan) that Herndon has been with the team since day 1.

Note: This is not the case with Copeland, who was suspended because of performance enhancing drugs. Those guys are not allowed in the building during their suspension 

B118B43D-4F95-42C7-8B15-46EB54372DE1.thumb.jpeg.685260893ca0ee9e369838970d44f863.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

B118B43D-4F95-42C7-8B15-46EB54372DE1.thumb.jpeg.685260893ca0ee9e369838970d44f863.jpeg

Right, he hasn't been allowed to practice, but I wonder if he was at the facility or not. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He was probably running routes DRUNK.

Stop and go..

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Sign Ben Watson.

Now that makes Scense. He’s apparently salty about the getting cut by the Pats.

• Upvote 1