Herndon is hurt

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So game 5 no TE!!!!!!!!  WTF is JD and Adam Gase doing??????

So, let me get this straight.

Chris Herndon gets suspended before both the coach and the GM are here.

Chris Herndon hurts himself while running routes....

And its Adam Gase and Joe Douglas' fault?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

yep...I get it. This board loves to cry over spilled milk. But 32 NFL teams passed him over for 4+ rounds...

32 NFL teams also passed over Herndon for 3+ rounds 

JWilly's question was directed for a solution now. 

Everyone and their mother knew the Jets needed a TE in that draft.  The run on TEs has not started.  Macc tried to get cute and blew it

30 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, let me get this straight.

Chris Herndon gets suspended before both the coach and the GM are here.

Chris Herndon hurts himself while running routes....

And its Adam Gase and Joe Douglas' fault?

No it's not who said that but what was plan B? 

AG and JD made other moves Darron Lee trade,numerous kickers,CB Hairston,WR Smith WR Berrios WR Malone 

TE important and integral part of an NFL offense. 

We have Tomlinson with the Giants, Leggett in TB, Sterling on the street and JAG's on the roster behind Herndon. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No its not but what was plan B? 

AG and JD made other moves Darron Lee trade,numerous kickers,CB Hairston,WR Smith WR Berrios WR Malone 

TE important and integral part of an NFL offense. 

We have Tomlinson with the Giants, Leggett in TB, Sterling on the street and JAG's on the roster behind Herndon. 

I remember before the season started Gase was talking about how much depth and versatility he thought they had in the TE group, and being surprised by him saying that. Maybe he still believes that.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

TE position Ryan Griffin 5 catches 17 yards 4 games, thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also look at just about every other option catching balls outside of Bell.

I'll reserve true judgement of the position once Sam is in there spreading it around.

I absolutely agree Herndon is far and away better than all other options, but we weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut only neglecting the TE spot while we were shipping out practice squad QBs either.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Props to @Samtorobby47, he had this right.  Herndon pulled a hammy last week, touch and go right now.  May not play vs. Dallas.

This is especially true when coming from me since I literally said @Samtorobby47was crazy!!

Noooo!! He wasn’t Crazy!!

i apologize to @Samtorobby47 and give him the highest props possible!!

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN... WHY COULDN’T HE HAVE BEEN LYING!!! 

i can’t take this team at times :(  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Tampa not using him?  Didn't they sign him to practice squad?  He could be claimed if he is still on it, right?  Tampa barely using their former 1st rd pick OJ Howard at all.  Or Brate.  Leggett inactive. Must be lazy. (His nickname, right?)

I'm not even arguing he's a great TE. I already said he wasn't.

My point is, he was our #2 TE. If you're going to cut him, shouldn't you at least have someone capable to replace him? Even if you thought Wesco or these other jags might be that guy, don't you realize by the end of preseason they're not? Add in the fact your #1 was suspended the first 4 games, and it's pretty hard to defend not looking for someone who can actually play the position.

This team can really drive me crazy, LOL.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So does JD scour other teams practice squads, waiver wire, free agents or do we roll with 5 catches and 17 yards. 

Pretty sure Greg Nejmeh, Chad Alexander and Joe D do considering two weeks ago they signed Vyncint Smith off the Texans PS..

You have the time so go check out each teams PS from the below link then send the names to the Jets..

https://www.nfl.com/teams

https://jets.formstack.com/forms/newyorkjetscom_contact_us

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Pretty sure Greg Nejmeh, Chad Alexander and Joe D do considering two weeks ago they signed Vyncint Smith off the Texans PS..

You have the time so go check out each teams PS from the below link then send the names to the Jets..

https://www.nfl.com/teams

https://jets.formstack.com/forms/newyorkjetscom_contact_us

Those aren't links to all 32 NFL practice squads FYI. 

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

Everyone and their mother knew the Jets needed a TE in that draft.  The run on TEs has not started.  Macc tried to get cute and blew it

Well if Kittle was such the sure thing why didn't he go earlier?!?  8 TEs were picked before Kittle..

Herndon was picked the next draft in the 4th

All this bitching because Herndon comes up with a lame hammy. Herndon should be back by the end of Oct

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

How many TEs can catch a CB from behind?  What a silly criticism.

Wesco has been getting increased playing time each week and made 2 standout blocks vs Philly. 

He's a blocking TE that can catch.  He will be fine.  His development is not why the offense has been putrid.

What are you basing that on exactly?   His 28 total receptions in 3 years at WVU playing for an offense that throws the ball 500 times per season?   He’s not the most natural at catching the ball, he looks like he fights the ball.  Declaring “he’ll be fine” is a bit of a stretch right now.  

• Upvote 1