Herndon is hurt

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is such a stupid stat.  He is a winning coach when his starting qb plays.  Hahahahahaha.  Only delusional jet fans would mention this.

A good coach should be able to win games regardless.  Look at ron rivera, looks at sean payton, look at doug pederson, look at doug marrone.

The fact that he can only win when everything goes right shows what a limited coach he really is.

So by that metric Kyle Shanahan is a loser... Got it... 

So insufferable... They cherry pick stats like they are the end all be all... Not all w/l records show the whole story. Gase didn't build this roster... These are not his players... 4 games into a season with 3 QBs... Jesus christ... Move on

You do you... Just keep it to the other threads

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Next man up would be the correct thing to do but we don't have anyone. 

Ryan Griffin 5 catches for 17 yards in 4 games :chas:

It wasn’t the TE it was the very raw not ready yet #3 practice squad QB throwing to him!   Maybe you didn’t notice... ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How about scrub if not on the NY jets roster not in the NFL QB. 

Your post is stupid!  He was on the PS, most PS squad development QBs in their second year aren’t ready, like any other team in the league.  This isn’t a Jets thing!

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Your post is stupid!  He was on the PS, most PS squad development QBs in their second year aren’t ready, like any other team in the league.  This isn’t a Jets thing!

Better QB's were available the NY Jets keeping this guy because of 1 decent preseason game was stupid Davis Webb was a better QB. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

So by that metric Kyle Shanahan is a loser... Got it... 

So insufferable... They cherry pick stats like they are the end all be all... Not all w/l records show the whole story. Gase didn't build this roster... These are not his players... 4 games into a season with 3 QBs... Jesus christ... Move on

You do you... Just keep it to the other threads

Do you watch football?  Kyle shannahan is a terrible example to prove your point.  Shannahan had scrubs like beathered and mullins throwing for 300 yards and multiple tds a game.  Thats a real coach turning chicken sh!t into chicken soup.

Gases loses his qb and this turns into a barely functional high school offense.

Kyle Shannahan???  Dude, what an awful example.  Hahahaha.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

In May-August  when Adam Gase brought Luke Falk in many. 

Falk is developmental QB the back-up was Siemian... Falk should never have seen the field this year and is not ready for the NFL... So for 2 games the Jets should have tried to get and pay some random Vet that isn't even in the league anymore? Make sure he is up to speed on the playbook and win behind this offensive line??

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do you watch football?  Kyle shannahan is a terrible example to prove your point.  Shannahan had scrubs like beathered and mullins throwing for 300 yards and multiple tds a game.  Thats a real coach turning chicken sh!t into chicken soup.

Gases loses his qb and this turns into a barely functional high school offense.

Kyle Shannahan???  Dude, what an awful example.  Hahahaha.

Kyle Shanahan is a losing coach... went 4-12 when his QB went down.... So you get to change your argument because this statistic doesn't work for your argument

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Based on all the games you watched him coach with his first string QB that's healthy... 

Because he is a winning HC in that scenario

Do I expect them to win? - No!

Do I expect to see the line collapse, and play the worst scheme I’ve ever seen no!

Do I expect to see the worst offensive football I’ve ever seen in my 40 years of fandom no!

Adam Gase is absolutely clueless, his play calling is horrible, his zone blocking scheme is so bad the line looks 100x worse than last season, with the same players.

The guy has zero innovation, he tried nothing to help.  No roll outs, no creativity, nothing. His system had the receivers running routes 2 yards short of the sticks.

On the bye week, he didn’t run any practice. He came to Philadelphia, unprepared, and proceeded to put on the worst performance I’ve ever seen.

I know it’s our third QB, but there are NFL experienced QB on the streets, he could have signed. Then put together some plan in the two week bye. No he stuck with Falk.

What I witnessed was like watching a car crash in slow motion. 

Now we come to the Dallas game, Darnold returns and all of a sudden we are going to start Winning games? 

After what I’ve just seen from the guru football genius, we are going to get more of the same, but Darnold running for his life. When we get beaten hard, Then the team quits, you might start to realise what’s really going on..

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Falk is developmental QB the back-up was Siemian... Falk should never have seen the field this year and is not ready for the NFL... So for 2 games the Jets should have tried to get and pay some random Vet that isn't even in the league anymore? Make sure he is up to speed on the playbook and win behind this offensive line??

Osweiler would know Gase's playbook and could have been signed for a song. It could have restarted his career so he wouldn't  be looking to cash in but the way JD throws money to retired players, he probably signed him 10 million 

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Do I expect to see the line collapse, and play the worst scheme I’ve ever seen no!

Do I expect to see the worst offensive football I’ve ever seen in my 40 years of fandom no!

Adam Gase is absolutely clueless, his play calling is horrible, his zone blocking scheme is so bad the line looks 100x worse than last season, with the same players.

The guy has zero innovation, he tried nothing to help.  No roll outs, no creativity, nothing. His system had the receivers running routes 2 yards short of the sticks.

On the bye week, he didn’t run any practice. He came to Philadelphia, unprepared, and proceeded to put on the worst performance I’ve ever seen.

I know it’s our third QB, but there are NFL experienced QB on the streets, he could have signed. Then put together some plan in the two week bye. No he stuck with Falk.

Now we come to the Dallas game, Darnold returns and all of a sudden we are going to start Winning games? 

After what I’ve just seen from the guru football genius, we are going to get more of the same, but Darnold running for his life. When we get beaten hard, Then the team quits, you might start to realise what’s really going on..

Not for nothing, and this isn’t to pick on you, but how do you know what scheme Gase is running?  You talk about zone blocking scheme, how do you know he hasn’t changed it?  Do you know what the line calls are?  Do you know what routes the receivers are supposed to be running?  You see a play on tv but how do you know the receiver ran the right route, that he read the secondary the right way and ran the correct option route?   I get it’s been ugly and I’m not saying Gase has been spectacular, but the truth is unless we are in the huddle we have no idea what was the call and who may or may not have blown their assignment.  I kind of laugh a little when people start talking about scheme and zone blocking vs. man blocking vs. power etc. etc.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Getting back to Herndon, this is unacceptable.  This isn't  bad luck, this is a guy doing something he was not ready for. 

I'd think he should've been ready to run some routes and been actively doing that the last 4 weeks.

But..... Who knows

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

24 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not for nothing, and this isn’t to pick on you, but how do you know what scheme Gase is running?  You talk about zone blocking scheme, how do you know he hasn’t changed it?  Do you know what the line calls are?  Do you know what routes the receivers are supposed to be running?  You see a play on tv but how do you know the receiver ran the right route, that he read the secondary the right way and ran the correct option route?   I get it’s been ugly and I’m not saying Gase has been spectacular, but the truth is unless we are in the huddle we have no idea what was the call and who may or may not have blown their assignment.  I kind of laugh a little when people start talking about scheme and zone blocking vs. man blocking vs. power etc. etc.  

Just one guy who studies tapes opinions

And another

Just saying it might not be Gase's play calling... There are guys wide open. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

A hammy  is an injury you get when you don't  properly stretch it out. I know some people are more flexible  but this is redic. 

I am aware of that.

Still.... One would think he was doing what he needed to do on his own. (Stretch and stay in game shape)

He isn't a green rookie that wouldn't know the drill.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How do you know this? We do know Falk sucked in every aspect of an NFL QB. 

Well in pre-season the Webbmaster looked like a bag of foreskins when the play was vanilla and the players were backups.

Faulk looked like he was worth holding onto at that point, in the same situation.