Herndon is hurt

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sign or trade for another TE the starter Ryan Griffin has 5 catches 17 yards in 4 games, better players on the street. UNLESS Sam Darnold can get him the ball make him a star. 

Yes, you keep repeating this stat... Griffin can catch the ball, not great but Falk was completely overwhelmed. He had no chance. Unfortunate. Schwartz blitzed on almost every play. Falk did nothing to adapt, nor would I expect him to at this point in his career. Great move by Schwartz... horrible adjustment by Gase. 

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes, you keep repeating this stat... Griffin can catch the ball, not great but Falk was completely overwhelmed. He had no chance. Unfortunate. Schwartz blitzed on almost every play. Falk did nothing to adapt, nor would I expect him to at this point in his career. Great move by Schwartz... horrible adjustment by Gase. 

Griffin hasn’t been bad he’s a backup TE

6 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Well in pre-season the Webbmaster looked like a bag of foreskins when the play was vanilla and the players were backups.

Faulk looked like he was worth holding onto at that point, in the same situation.

He looked ok playing against scrubs, most guYs no longer in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

A hammy  is an injury you get when you don't  properly stretch it out. I know some people are more flexible  but this is redic. 

Interestingly enough, there was a study done on stretching. They took people who regularly stretch before athletic activity and people who didn't stretch before regular activity and results were...both groups developed injuries at (roughly) the same rate. 

They then had the groups switch so the "stretchers" didn't stretch and non-stretchers stretched. Injuries for both groups increased significantly. 

So stretching didn't seem to reduce injuries (although things like mobility weren't tested), but not stretching when you usually stretch did increase injuries and vice versa. 

Of course, this was based around running and not football. Stretching (core muscles, not hammies) is considered to reduce the risk of injuries in football due to rapid impacts that occur from player hitting each other. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Interestingly enough, there was a study done on stretching. They took people who regularly stretch before athletic activity and people who didn't stretch before regular activity and results were...both groups developed injuries at (roughly) the same rate. 

They then had the groups switch so the "stretchers" didn't stretch and non-stretchers stretched. Injuries for both groups increased significantly. 

So stretching didn't seem to reduce injuries (although things like mobility weren't tested), but not stretching when you usually stretch did increase injuries and vice versa. 

Of course, this was based around running and not football. Stretching (core muscles, not hammies) is considered to reduce the risk of injuries in football due to rapid impacts that occur from player hitting each other. 

I’ve heard that stretching before running is actually bad for you 

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You or I could have schemed the game plan, its quite obvious to the entire NFL 

No, I'm sorry, but no you could not do much better with Falk in the backfield. Watch the All-22 if you want to gauge your eyes out. There were plenty of open WRs... Falk got gun shy because all he saw was blitzes every play... Thats why it was a great call by Schwartz... He didn't give in and force Falk to do what he can't... throw over the top... because RA was open deep a lot.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

No, I'm sorry, but no you could not with Falk in the backfield. Watch the All-22 if you want to gauge your eyes out. There were plenty of open WRs... Falk got gun shy because all he saw was blitzes every play... Thats why it was a great call by Schwartz... He didn't give in and force Falk to do what he can't... throw over the top... because RA was open deep a lot.

Defensively speaking WE could have you mentioned Jim Schwarz 

On 10/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, CanadaSteve said:

So, let me get this straight.

Chris Herndon gets suspended before both the coach and the GM are here.

Chris Herndon hurts himself while running routes....

And its Adam Gase and Joe Douglas' fault?

Of course it's not their fault. However there should be a level of expectation built into the team "culture" or whatever you want to call it that if you're suspended you need to be doing everything conditioning wise to be prepared upon return. Sounds like a midnight cramming session could have been the culprit here. Injuries seems to plague Herndon in college, too.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Defensively speaking WE could have you mentioned Jim Schwarz 

Yes Schwartz called a perfect Defense for that play call. Gase got outcoached but was limited with his playbook and the Philly's dared Falk to throw over 5 yards... He just wouldn't let it go.  And when he finally did as horrible as the pass looked DT drops it.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Stretching is a key part to any physical activity and it definitely works. So does wrapping.  I know this from years of playing tennis.

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Just one guy who studies tapes opinions

And another

Just saying it might not be Gase's play calling... There are guys wide open. 

And yet Gase ran those plays against the relentless blitz. He did nothing to help Falk. He called all those plays, and it’s not Gases play calling lol

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

And yet Gase ran those plays against the relentless blitz. He did nothing to help Falk. He called all those plays, and it’s not Gases play calling lol

Gase schemed plays that got wide receivers open and a quarterback didn’t throw the ball to them. You are now blaming the playcalling? Am I in the twilight zone? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Best offensive coaching form a coach i have seen, true brilliance.

Oh wait we are so far last in the league in offense they are sending coal mine canaries to look for us.

Gase went and got his guy falk from miami.  Falk has not been cut or replaced despite having a bye week to do so.

Meanwhile half the league is hauling in street free agents and late round picks and they are succeeding.

The offense has looked stinko with Danold, simian and falk.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Gase schemed plays that got wide receivers open and a quarterback didn’t throw the ball to them. You are now blaming the playcalling? Am I in the twilight zone? 

Did you watch the game, open or not the Eagles Defence was in Falk’s face every play. The Oline play has significantly decreased, they can’t pass block or run block. The same group was at lest functional last season. That’s also on the HC and his staff.

I can be 5 yards open, but if the QB is on his ass, It doesn’t matter. He’s the one that’s kept with Falk, he could have picked up a vet free Agent like Brock Osweiler who already knows his offence.

Gase is part of the problem, this will become clear soon enough now the Golden tonsil has returned.

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No, I'm sorry, but no you could not do much better with Falk in the backfield. Watch the All-22 if you want to gauge your eyes out. There were plenty of open WRs... Falk got gun shy because all he saw was blitzes every play... Thats why it was a great call by Schwartz... He didn't give in and force Falk to do what he can't... throw over the top... because RA was open deep a lot.

I didn’t see what you saw, but I heard the same thing.  I’m not making any excuses for Gase but I think it unfair for him to continually get tagged as some idiot worse than Bowles, at this point.  There were supposedly receivers running free lots of the time, Falk just couldn’t pull the trigger to get them the ball, he wanted to see someone wide open first and then he would try to hit him with a pass.  That’s not how the NFL works.  Falk is NOT an NFL player nor will he ever be in the same way Maccagnan was never a GM, debatable if he was ever a Scout.  Casserly’s coffee boy for sure.  But now I’m going off on a tangent.

It seems as though Gase was able to scheme guys open which is a very positive event.  Let’s see how a definite pro QB in Darnold sans mono operates his Offense for a few more games before Gase is totally thrown under the bus.  In what seems like ions ago Sam Darnold WITH mono appeared to have one of the teams with the best records in the league beat 16-0, before the roof caved in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where is JD? He needs to go.  This is crazy.

LOL

This brutal start has mentally broken much of the fan base. We are back to being irrational/impatient and insane. Hopefully everyone takes a deep breath and gives JD a chance. That’s our only hope. The roster is bad and we can turn it around in 2 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Calling plays that get guys open isn’t enough? WTF else should the coach do?

Fun fact.  Horrid QB.  Leads to holding ball too long, leads to a 10 sack game.  Lets blame the HC. 

Worse case of criticizing the wrong guy, wrong reason

A393CFE2-3095-41E5-8F6F-8A0210F09F63.thumb.jpeg.9e94c047ec2d5171f0fd5a325151cd2f.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This brutal start has mentally broken much of the fan base. We are back to being irrational/impatient and insane. Hopefully everyone takes a deep breath and gives JD a chance. That’s our only hope. The roster is bad and we can turn it around in 2 years. 

So true.  Every aspect of the org, just say they all suck and you'll get agreement, right or wrong.

Sucks

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What hurts is seeing guys like Brissett, Minshew, Jones and Rudolph, who have been thrown into the fire recently, step up and shine.  Meanwhile, back at Jets camp, our guy gets thrown into the fire and burns to a crisp.

Trevor Siemian was never given that chance.

SAR I