Richard Sherman to apologize to Baker Mayfield and Villian The Foe?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27806484/49ers-richard-sherman-says-apologize-browns-baker-mayfield

49ers' Richard Sherman says he'll apologize to Browns' Baker Mayfield

San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman on Wednesday said he will apologize to Baker Mayfield for wrongly saying the Cleveland Brownsquarterback had refused to shake his hand before the coin toss on Monday Night Football.  He will also apologize to Villian The Foe at JN for the angst he has added to Villian's daily defense of Baker Mayfield. :P

Sherman told NFL.com that the snub had fueled him during San Francisco's 31-3 win over the Browns. Video obtained by ESPN on Tuesday, however, showed the two shaking hands at midfield.

Sherman backtracked Wednesday, saying he would be reaching out to Mayfield to apologize.

"It's definitely my bad, Sherman told the Pat McAfee Show. "I never want anybody to have to deal with some stuff that they didn't do. And so, you know, the questions that he's gonna get and the annoying, nonsense questions about some stuff that happened in a game that's already been done, you know, sure he'll get an apology for that. I'll probably reach out to him via text or social media to actually get ahold of him and talk to him ... on the phone.

"He definitely deserves an apology, and that's my bad on that."

Sherman said he may have remembered the moment differently or could've described it more accurately.

"Sometimes you remember things a little differently than it happened," Sherman said. "Obviously it still motivated me the same way."

:D

• Haha 2

People love to pile on Baker Mayfield for "sh*t they think he's said or done".

Then when what he actually said or did comes out, it turns out to be BS most times.

Sherman showed he's a liar, and Bosa got his 5 minutes of fame. Nobody really cares about them though. Mayfield is the star, they're both meaningless at the end of the day. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Then when what he actually said or did comes out, it turns out to be BS most times.

Sherman showed he's a liar, and Bosa got his 5 minutes of fame. Nobody really cares about them though. Mayfield is the star, they're both meaningless at the end of the day. 

That’s Mayfield’s fault though. It comes with the territory. He’s lucky he plays in Cleveland— it’d be even worse here. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sherman is a clown, but he has done a hell of a lot more in the league than Mayfield has.

We’ll see how long he is a “star”playing the way that he is playing. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Wait what?  lol  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You cannot really believe that. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Baker is famous.  He is not a star.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Drums said:

That’s Mayfield’s fault though. It comes with the territory. He’s lucky he plays in Cleveland— it’d be even worse here. 

That's where you're wrong. We'd have his back, the same way this place does with Sam.

Do you really think that if Mayfield or Josh Allen got mono and blew up their team's seasons we'd be falling all over each other to say he didn't get it making out with Snooky wannabe's? Come on, if it happened to them we'd be just like every other fan base in the NFL is with Darnold right now. We'd be laughing our a** off.

If Mayfield played in NY, Jets fans would love him.

Well maybe @JiF wouldn't. LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That's where you're wrong. We'd have his back, the same way this place does with Sam.

Do you really think that if Mayfield or Josh Allen got mono and blew up their team's seasons we'd be falling all over each other to say he didn't get it making out with Snooky wannabe's? Come on, if it happened to them we'd be just like every other fan base in the NFL is with Darnold right now. We'd be laughing our a** off.

If Mayfield played in NY, Jets fans would love him.

He is basically Rex Ryan, so if he was winning, everyone would indeed support him, but I cannot agree with you. If he got mono, he would most likely get trashed more than Sam. People here are major haters. Need more evidence? Jamal Adams. I rest my case. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Baker is famous.  He is not a star.

That's a very accurate and important distinction.

Let's be clear about why Baker is famous.....He was the #1 pick in the Draft, he makes a lot of headlines at press conferences, on Twitter, in interviews.  He's not famous because of his play at QB.  He could be in the future....but he's certainly not right now.

Baker's 68.5 QB Rating puts him behind Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, and just 6 rating points above Luke Falk.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Dude, Baker sucks. He leads the league in interceptions, he’s throwing 55 percent, he’s over thinking everything and he just looks flat out overwhelmed.

stop with this “he’s a star” nonsense because tbh none of the 2018 QB’s look that fantastic yet.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

He is basically Rex Ryan, so if he was winning, everyone would indeed support him, but I cannot agree with you. If he got mono, he would most likely get trashed more than Sam. People here are major haters. Need more evidence? Jamal Adams. I rest my case. 

I get what you're saying, and there is some truth to it, but I'm going to counter it by pointing out that Mayfield is a QB, not a SS, and that's what bothers most of the people here about Adams. It isn't really his performance on the field, it's that they wanted a QB.

If things had been reversed, and Dorsey had taken Sam and Macc took Baker, we'd be behind Baker the same way we are Sam. You can't bring up their level of play yet, because they haven't played much more then one season. Even with that, if Mayfield had the same rookie year for the Jets he had for the Browns, we'd be gaga for him. He'd be "gritty and tough", not a loud mouthed punk.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I get what you're saying, and there is some truth to it, but I'm going to counter it by pointing out that Mayfield is a QB, not a SS, and that's what bothers most of the people here about Adams. It isn't really his performance on the field, it's that they wanted a QB.

If things had been reversed, and Dorsey had taken Sam and Macc took Baker, we'd be behind Baker the same way we are Sam. You can't bring up their level of play yet, because they haven't played much more then one season. Even with that, if Mayfield had the same rookie year for the Jets he had for the Browns, we'd be gaga for him. He'd be "gritty and tough", not a loud mouthed punk.

Haha, when I was typing that I thought about SS vs. QB so I will agree with you

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dude, Baker sucks. He leads the league in interceptions, he’s throwing 55 percent, he’s over thinking everything and he just looks flat out overwhelmed.

stop with this “he’s a star” nonsense because tbh none of the 2018 QB’s look that fantastic yet.

I agree with what you said about the '18 class, and I've said multiple times Mayfield has struggled this year. People are on him about it, and that's fair. That doesn't change the fact he had a great rookie year, one of the best ever for NFL QBs. That's why he's famous or a star, however you want to phrase it. He's the guy, along with Mahomes who's getting the national ad campaigns. He has star power.

As far as the rest of the class, we also have to be fair and point out that Allen and Jackson are doing what Mayfield hasn't done yet in his second year. They're both taking positive steps forward, and showing they can be the guy on a winning NFL team. That's what good young QBs do.

The onus is on the other 3 to do the same. Baker has at least shown he can do it, albeit not consistently under his new HC and CS. Time will tell.

I agree with what you said about the '18 class, and I've said multiple times Mayfield has struggled this year. People are on him about it, and that's fair. That doesn't change the fact he had a great rookie year, one of the best ever for NFL QBs. That's why he's famous or a star, however you want to phrase it. He's the guy, along with Mahomes who's getting the national ad campaigns. He has star power.

As far as the rest of the class, we also have to be fair and point out that Allen and Jackson are doing what Mayfield hasn't done yet in his second year. They're both taking positive steps forward, and showing they can be the guy on a winning NFL team. That's what good young QBs do.

The onus is on the other 3 to do the same. Baker has at least shown he can do it, albeit not consistently under his new HC and CS. Time will tell.

Nothing makes you a star in this league like consistency. So I beg to differ that he is a star. His offense just put up 3 points. They have OBJ, Nick Chubb and Jarvis Landry. 3 points.

This is the same system he played in last season. His OC is the new HC. There really shouldn’t be excuses made for drop offs in production when there is continuity in the offense. Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen really haven't done much either. Their teams are winning but they haven’t won any games off the ability of their arms. Jackson had a hot start and then dropped off. Allen is still a turnover machine. This is Darnold’s chance to assert himself as the top of the class. None of these guys look that good.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nothing makes you a star in this league like consistency. So I beg to differ that he is a star. His offense just put up 3 points. They have OBJ, Nick Chubb and Jarvis Landry. 3 points.

This is the same system he played in last season. His OC is the new HC. There really shouldn’t be excuses made for drop offs in production when there is continuity in the offense. Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen really haven't done much either. Their teams are winning but they haven’t won any games off the ability of their arms. Jackson had a hot start and then dropped off. Allen is still a turnover machine. This is Darnold’s chance to assert himself as the top of the class. None of these guys look that good.

Not sure I agree with you here.

Mayfield is not in the "same offense" he was last year. Kitchens and Moncken are in new roles. The OL isn't what it was last year.

Dorsey took a gamble on them and by adding OBJ and soon, Hunt into the mix. In all honesty, I don't think Mayfield is the one who has anything to prove here. He showed last year he is a really good young QB. Now it's up to his CS to get the offense working to a point where all these skill guys mesh together. The onus is on them to do that.

As far as the other QBs, Allen and Jackson are progressing just fine. I'm pretty sure Mayfield will be again also. As far as the "this is Darnold's chance to assert himself as the top of the class", yeah it's time. He has the Offensive minded HC, he has Bell, Herndon, Crowder, RA, Montgomery etc. No excuses. It's time, Sam.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

That's a very accurate and important distinction.

Let's be clear about why Baker is famous.....He was the #1 pick in the Draft, he makes a lot of headlines at press conferences, on Twitter, in interviews.  He's not famous because of his play at QB.  He could be in the future....but he's certainly not right now.

Baker's 68.5 QB Rating puts him behind Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, and just 6 rating points above Luke Falk.

? You mean "that Luke Falk?"

• Haha 1

As far as the other QBs, Allen and Jackson are progressing just fine. I'm pretty sure Mayfield will be again also. As far as the "this is Darnold's chance to assert himself as the top of the class", yeah it's time. He has the Offensive minded HC, he has Bell, Herndon, Crowder, RA, Montgomery etc. No excuses, it's time.

So Mayfield has nothing to prove and you give him a ton of excuses but none for Darnold, it’s time.

okay.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I don’t understand why anyone would lie about this. Also, if there was no video, would Sherman have continued the lie? That’s pathetic. 

Our whole society has gone mad!!

Who makes up a lie like that?

Why do something easily verifiable and cheap!!

Baker is a second year player!  What you jealous and mad Sherman!!

Disgusting!!

And

Good Grief!!

i

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Our whole society has gone mad!!

Who makes up a lie like that?

Why do something easily verifiable and cheap!!

Baker is a second year player!  What you jealous and mad Sherman!!

Disgusting!!

And

Good Grief!!

i

We live in a world where the initial reaction means everything and the truth gets pushed to the side.  Something allegedly happens, people go nuts on social media before the facts come out.  When the facts come out they get ignored.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Richard reached out to my people late last night and wanted to talk to me in order to clear the air.

I told him to go tell it to the flag I planted on his lawn. 

Bakery Boyz fo' lyfe bitcheezzz! 

That ^^^ was for you @JiF lol

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

jim carrey truth GIF

?