2020 Draft - Jets position tracking...

jetstream23

After Week 5 the Jets sit in the 4th position.  They will move up a slot to at least 3rd if they lose to Dallas this weekend as one of either Washington or Miami will win when they play each other in Week 6.

How bad does that Pittsburgh trade look right now, Mike Tomlin?  Yikes.  The Dolphins could end up with TWO Quarterbacks in this upcoming Draft.

228364759_ScreenShot2019-10-09at1_23_02PM.png.fd1f3701f7b8be72442e50f8b1aea994.png

On 10/9/2019 at 1:26 PM, jetstream23 said:

After Week 5 the Jets sit in the 4th position.  They will move up a slot to at least 3rd if they lose to Dallas this weekend as one of either Washington or Miami will win when they play each other in Week 6.

How bad does that Pittsburgh trade look right now, Mike Tomlin?  Yikes.  The Dolphins could end up with TWO Quarterbacks in this upcoming Draft.

Fck the Steelers. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, but the worse the Steelers do the more Miami benefits.

Eh. It’s true. But until the dolphins stop being a dumpster fire I don’t care less. And even if they wind up being good - so be it. Competition makes us better 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I would HOPE if that scenario played out that Douglas could get some offers to trade down.  

For sure.

I need you guys to win by 30 today.  When FSU sucks, their fans are legitimately the most pathetic fanbase on the planet.  They poor all their energy into hating on Florida that I cant even talk to some of my friends during the season.  The whole inferiority complex kicks in on overtime when they're worse than us at Football, it dates back to getting denied admittance when they applied to Florida. 

I woke up to the same text I got last week except a different team 34-3 - LSU.  My dumb ass friend last week legit thought Auburn was going to blow us out and is on the same sh*t again this week.  While I dont feel confident about us at LSU, I will take a hard fought game but it will make the loss sooo much better if you blow the doors off them.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

For sure.

I need you guys to win by 30 today.  When FSU sucks, their fans are legitimately the most pathetic fanbase on the planet.  They poor all their energy into hating on Florida that I cant even talk to some of my friends during the season.  The whole inferiority complex kicks in on overtime when they're worse than us at Football, it dates back to getting denied admittance when they applied to Florida. 

I woke up to the same text I got last week except a different team 34-3 - LSU.  My dumb ass friend last week legit thought Auburn was going to blow us out and is on the same sh*t again this week.  While I dont feel confident about us at LSU, I will take a hard fought game but it will make the loss sooo much better if you blow the doors off them.

I have a similar hatred towards FSU but for different reasons...Lol.  Honestly though, I’m not super confident in CU blowing out FSU today.  Things haven’t been clicking like last year for Trevor and the coaches have done a poor job of exploiting their talent advantages on offense.  I hope the bye week has been used well and adjustments were made, the 27 point spread seems really high to me.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the Jets loss to the Dolphins:

1. Cincinnati Bengals

2. New York Jets

3. Miami Dolphins

4. Washington Redskins

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. New York Giants

7. Cleveland Browns

8. Denver Broncos

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10. Oakland Raiders

11. Los Angeles Chargers

12. Chicago Bears

13. Detroit Lions

14. Arizona Cardinals

15. Jacksonville Jaguars

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I know you guys are going to buttfumble me, but if the Jets pick up 2 studs on the OL in FA, it's going to be REALLY hard to pass on Young if he is there at 3. 

It's almost impossible to fix the oline in FA.  The good olineman get resigned and most of the rest are fools gold.  When you do get a stud out there 15 teams go after the guy and he goes to a better win now team.

Young might indeed be too hard to pass up he is that good but if they do take him they better go oline heavy after that.

The better thing would be to be sitting here with 3 1st rounders if macdouglas had traded adams and williams when he should have.

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I know you guys are going to buttfumble me, but if the Jets pick up 2 studs on the OL in FA, it's going to be REALLY hard to pass on Young if he is there at 3. 

Let's assume QBs go 1 and 2 (either by teams taking them directly or trading to teams moving up for a QB).  That leaves every single positional (non-QB) player available in the Draft.  If I'm the Jets who need TONS of help I'd slide back just one or two spots for a king's ransom and still have a pick of Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Jerry Jeudy.....each of whom would be an immediate impact upgrade for the Jets.  I'd be happy with any of those three guys if it also meant getting a 2nd rounder or future #1.

• Sympathy 1

On 11/5/2019 at 7:32 AM, jetstream23 said:

Let's assume QBs go 1 and 2 (either by teams taking them directly or trading to teams moving up for a QB).  That leaves every single positional (non-QB) player available in the Draft.  If I'm the Jets who need TONS of help I'd slide back just one or two spots for a king's ransom and still have a pick of Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Jerry Jeudy.....each of whom would be an immediate impact upgrade for the Jets.  I'd be happy with any of those three guys if it also meant getting a 2nd rounder or future #1.

If you can trade down and still get Andrew Thomas then I'm all for it. I'm not sure Jeudy is worth it b/c of the depth of the WR group in this draft. So if  I'm the Jets I probably don't mess around and I take Chase Young at 3, especially if a Jamal Adams trade nets us an extra first rounder. There are a number of very good OTs and interior linemen in this draft, there are A LOT of very good WRs in this draft. Pass Rushers, not so much. Chase Young is the crème of the crop and fills a huge need. You take him 3rd overall and you pretty much forget about addressing the position the rest of the way in the draft. Take Biadasz-C with the Jamal Adams pick and Prince Wanogho- OT in the 2nd round. Dude is a little bit raw and will need some time but is otherwise an absolute monster and prototypical LT.

Then you go top CB and OG in the 3rd round with the 2 draft picks e have there and pick up WR/s in the 4th and 5th- with the depth at WR in this draft you should still be able to find some really nice talent in the mid to late rounds.

That's how I see it.  My mock looks different b/c I have us picking #1 overall and trading down with the Dolphins- netting us a third first rounder. So Chase Young is off the board in that scenario. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

If you can trade down and still get Andrew Thomas then I'm all for it. I'm not sure Jeudy is worth it b/c of the depth of the WR group in this draft. So if  I'm the Jets I probably don't mess around and I take Chase Young at 3, especially if a Jamal Adams trade nets us an extra first rounder. There are a number of very good OTs and interior linemen in this draft, there are A LOT of very good WRs in this draft. Pass Rushers, not so much. Chase Young is the crème of the crop and fills a huge need. You take him 3rd overall and you pretty much forget about addressing the position the rest of the way in the draft. Take Biadasz-C with the Jamal Adams pick and Prince Wanogho- OT in the 2nd round. Dude is a little bit raw and will need some time but is otherwise an absolute monster and prototypical LT.

Then you go top CB and OG in the 3rd round with the 2 draft picks e have there and pick up WR/s in the 4th and 5th- with the depth at WR in this draft you should still be able to find some really nice talent in the mid to late rounds.

That's how I see it.  My mock looks different b/c I have us picking #1 overall and trading down with the Dolphins- netting us a third first rounder. So Chase Young is off the board in that scenario. 

I don't disagree with the logic of going BAP with Chase Young....but this board could have a complete meltdown unless the Jets are sitting on another mid-1st round pick and can get an OT.

• 3 weeks later...

Jags Schedule the rest of the way: Chargers, Raiders, Falcons, Colts.

Jets Schedule the rest of the way: Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers, Bills.

I think the Jags will win more games than the Jets the rest of the way. These other teams (top 7) will most likely lose most if not all of their remaining games.  

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Lith said:

One good thing about the 7th overall pick.  We have never picked 7th before, so we have never screwed that one up.  It would be a clean slate.

lol - you're a gem, Lith. 

As i intimated in another similar thread; At this point i'm less stressed over what number we draft at, and more attentive to the make up of the teams ahead of us. Franchises like WSH, NYG & ARZ all took QBs last year. Is DET turning the page on Stafford?

There's only CIN locked in at #1 to take Burrow... might a good situation for us to trade back depending on what MIA does. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol - you're a gem, Lith. 

As i intimated in another similar thread; At this point i'm less stressed over what number we draft at, and more attentive to the make up of the teams ahead of us. Franchises like WSH, NYG & ARZ all took QBs last year. Is DET turning the page on Stafford?

There's only CIN locked in at #1 to take Burrow... might a good situation for us to trade back depending on what MIA does. 

What scares me though is that there are so many teams bunched together with 5 or 6 wins.  Another W, and we could drop from 5-7 to the 12-14 range.  Could cost us that trade back, or we could be sitting and waiting while guys like Lamb, Jeudy, Wirfs, Wills, etc come off the board.

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

What scares me though is that there are so many teams bunched together with 5 or 6 wins.  Another W, and we could drop from 5-7 to the 12-14 range.  Could cost us that trade back, or we could be sitting and waiting while guys like Lamb, Jeudy, Wirfs, Wills, etc come off the board.

It should at the very least ease your mind that there are a good deal of great OT prospects and even at 12-14 one of them should be there like Leatherwood or Jackson. And if they are gone, that means there was a major run on them early and a top CB, Edge or WR should be there. The Jets have enough major needs that they kind of can't miss in a draft where at least 2 of them are deep and top heavy (OT and WR). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

So if the Jets pick 10th, which is where they sit now, and Thomas, Wills and Wirfs are all off the board (which is entirely possible), who is the pick?   

If 3 of the top 9 picks are O lineman, who are the other 6 picks? Burrow, Young, Tagavaloa will most definitely be among them.  I'd imagine that either: 1) Jerry Jeudy (WR) , CeeDee Lamb (WR) or Jeffrey Okudah (CB) would have fallen to the Jets at #10; or 2) Justin Herbert (QB) will still be on the board.

If scenario #1, take the WR or CB. If scenario #2, trade back. the Colts sit at #16 and I think they will be looking for a QB. 

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So if the Jets pick 10th, which is where they sit now, and Thomas, Wills and Wirfs are all off the board (which is entirely possible), who is the pick?   

This is my worst case scenario and may lead to the Jets going with a WR.  But I definitely think Herbert and Tua go in front of us (Miami, SD, and Jax), which we should all be rooting for.