joewilly12

Rex Ryan wants Redskins job after Jay Gruden is fired, but here's why they definitely should not hire him

10 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Lets be honest, that was more of a case of luck and being in the right place at the right time. Ryan stepped into a very good situation, and he was the right guy for those two seasons. That said, when left to his own vices, he was a complete and utter disaster, of which we have never really recovered from. Im not taking anything away from what he did in 09 and 10, but if he came back tomorrow this franchise would be doomed for 10 more years. He has no ability to devleop players, hire a competent staff, or contribute in any positive way to roster construction.  And his defensive mastermindness is way overrated to boot.

Left to his own devices?  The GM who constructed that roster,  tore it down to pay Sanchez and Santonio Holmes.  Our roster as a result became a mere shadow of itself with Damian Woody,  LT, Tony Richardson, Matt Slauson, Braylon Edwards, Hartsock and others all gone in one year.  The degradation continued as Tannenbaum, Idzik and Macc further degraded the O and D while failing to find adequate replacements.  I also feel Woody had a big hand in that degradation especially in that one year with the Holmes signing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Rex is a fun character and I will always have great memories of 2009 & 2010. 

That said, overall he did not do a good job.  He made no attempt to assist a young Mark Sanchez coming off two extended playoff runs in his first two seasons.  He wasted draft picks, i.e., Scotty McKnight had no business being in the NFL!  He was drafted simply because he was friends with Sanchez. INEXCUSABLE!  He let Brad Smith walk because he was pre-occupied with signing Nnamdi Asomughia.  He also let Braylon Edwards go in favor of a "passed his prime" prima donna Plaxico Burress. Yes even though Smith and Edwards did nothing exceptional after leaving the Jets, they were more valuable to our offense do to the way they were utilized.

Also his fascination with Tebow and his utter inability to use him properly was embarrassing.  Post 2011 Lockout Rex was awful and set this franchise back!

I don't know where to start.  This is complete historical revisionism.   You act like Rex was GM and owner.  He was not!

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Rex had a ton of say on personnel.  Tanny was GM and he did not have a football personnel backround. Look at the difference in Jets drafts from the Mangini era to the Rex era with Tanny serving as GM for both.

What I saw was Bray, Damien Woody, LT, Slauson, Hartsock, Tony Richardson all shown the door in one off-season to compensate for Santonio Holmes' contract, a move which had Woody Johnson written all over it.

That was the turning point of this team.  Every one of those guys was a great blocker.  After the departures Sanchez was abused (remember Wayne Hunter?) and the offense fell apart.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company