Jump to content
joewilly12

Rex Ryan wants Redskins job after Jay Gruden is fired, but here's why they definitely should not hire him

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

If you have to ask.... that is very telling.   Under his tenure, the absolutely worst drafts were conducted and yes, I believe he influenced and intimidated Tanny and Idzik.  No other explanation for all the bad picks on defense.  But his record as a HC speaks volumes. WELL below 500. 

Like the drafts got any better after he left. 

How about Todd Bowles record? 

Back to back AFC Championship games I hope to see that again in my lifetime. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Like the drafts got any better after he left. 

How about Todd Bowles record? 

Back to back AFC Championship games I hope to see that again in my lifetime. 

You hire a football coach you can imagine holding a Lombardi. , not a glorified DC.  Do you think good coaches would NOT attend offensive meetings. REX is not a coach to win a SB.   When he speaks, his limited intelligence is obvious.  Yes a special 2 year run with players he barely developed. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why rex isnt in the monday night booth ill never understand.  He was made for that role.  

That’s cuz he don’t wanna miss Belichicks Boyitellya!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lol what a f*cking snake 

My exact thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Like the drafts got any better after he left. 

How about Todd Bowles record? 

Back to back AFC Championship games I hope to see that again in my lifetime. 

What about-ism from joewilly? Noooooooooo.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Rex Ryan brought us fun, exciting winning times here, back to back AFC Championships. 

I agree, he did bring us fun and energy.  But the article's analysis is correct, he didn't develop a young QB, and that is what is needed in Washington.  And it's true that Maccagnan and Bowles didn't draft or develop a young QB as well, but we're not considering hiring them again either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Rex Ryan brought us fun, exciting winning times here, back to back AFC Championships. 

What does this mean, that I should forget those last 4 years or his time in Buffalo?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why rex isnt in the monday night booth ill never understand.  He was made for that role.  

He bombed horrifically the one time they tried him. Turned into a total pussy cat for some reason. I hope they give him another shot and the real Rex shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

He bombed horrifically the one time they tried him. Turned into a total pussy cat for some reason. I hope they give him another shot and the real Rex shows up.

With his 97 word vocabulary? You know, that stuff, and the other stuff?

  • Haha 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Lets be honest, that was more of a case of luck and being in the right place at the right time. Ryan stepped into a very good situation, and he was the right guy for those two seasons. That said, when left to his own vices, he was a complete and utter disaster, of which we have never really recovered from. Im not taking anything away from what he did in 09 and 10, but if he came back tomorrow this franchise would be doomed for 10 more years. He has no ability to devleop players, hire a competent staff, or contribute in any positive way to roster construction.  And his defensive mastermindness is way overrated to boot.

Left to his own devices?  The GM who constructed that roster,  tore it down to pay Sanchez and Santonio Holmes.  Our roster as a result became a mere shadow of itself with Damian Woody,  LT, Tony Richardson, Matt Slauson, Braylon Edwards, Hartsock and others all gone in one year.  The degradation continued as Tannenbaum, Idzik and Macc further degraded the O and D while failing to find adequate replacements.  I also feel Woody had a big hand in that degradation especially in that one year with the Holmes signing.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jetster said:

Lol, Rex is smarter than people give him credit for. He actually got his brother a huge paying job in Buffalo. He's isnt doing anything NY City fireman don't do. Get all of your immediate family & cousins in, proceed to hurt back, collect cushy disability & pension, buy boat, move to Eastern LI, fish.

Before I get lambasted for this I'm not including EVERYONE doing this just 92.8 %. 

Rex just looking for his last payday. He's like the Mo Wilkerson of coaches. 

WTF? Someone has an axe to grind. Just remember pal their job is too save your Azz not KISS it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rex knows enough about the NFL to know that the number of guys who get a 3rd chance is pretty small. Also probably figures Snyder is one of the few owners left that would hire a guy like Rex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He’s fun to watch and I won’t care if the skins win or lose so I hope they go for it. 

Rex Ryan and Daniel Snyder, a marriage made for tv

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

What does this mean, that I should forget those last 4 years or his time in Buffalo?

Who cares what happened in Buffalo I only care about what happened with the NY Jets. 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

 And it's true that Maccagnan and Bowles didn't draft or develop a young QB as well, but we're not considering hiring them again either.

No way in hell Todd Bowles will go down as one of the worst HC's in NY Jets history as far as i'm concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Sadly Rex's teams had more identity and attitude than any team we'll ever see under Gase. 

Let's compare 4 games to six seasons and make blanket statements that are based on guess work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell Todd Bowles will go down as one of the worst HC's in NY Jets history as far as i'm concerned. 

And as usual that would be wrong.  He sucked but is outside of the ultimate suck club

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who cares what happened in Buffalo I only care about what happened with the NY Jets. 

??? What?

Then im trying to figure out why you even cared to comment on my initial post then. I said that Rex was overrated regarding this Redskins job since that's the nature of the thread. If you only care about what happens with the Jets, then why even quote me? Why you even in here? 

 

lol. people 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Rex in Washington. He'd bring a couple of years of excitement to that cluster cluck of a team. Most importantly he'd play the gints twice a year and he'd make Danny Dimes look like the overrated over drafted rookie he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Like the drafts got any better after he left. 

How about Todd Bowles record? 

Back to back AFC Championship games I hope to see that again in my lifetime. 

 

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

What does this mean, that I should forget those last 4 years or his time in Buffalo?

 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Who cares what happened in Buffalo I only care about what happened with the NY Jets. 

 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

??? What?

Then im trying to figure out why you even cared to comment on my initial post then. I said that Rex was overrated regarding this Redskins job since that's the nature of the thread. If you only care about what happens with the Jets, then why even quote me? Why you even in here? 

 

lol. people 

Rex Ryan as HC the NY Jets went to the AFC Championship game in 2009-2010 

I don't care what happened to him in Buffalo I think he beat the NY Jets twice as HC of the Bills once eliminating them from playoff contention. 

Rex Ryan is a viable HC candidate. 

His time in NY was fun the team was alive we had good players good coaches and we won a helluva lot more than we have since he left. 

  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a lot of gnashing of teeth for nothing. Rex said he wanted the job. I think he would take any HC job available and he said that people would line up for the job--including him. This is not a big deal. The line in the story that he is begging for the job is not substantiated beyond quoting these far less than begging comments made on TV. 

I'm not sure any team puts Rex back in as head coach but he could probably get back as a defensive coordinator in college or pro if he wanted. Instead it seems like he enjoys being a personality on TV and maybe he would rather have the cushy job on TV over long hours and stress of coaching any position below head coach. If we can be honest about things Rex is a lot of fun to watch run his mouth when losses are not on the line which makes him great for the job he is doing right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rex Ryan as HC the NY Jets went to the AFC Championship game in 2009-2010 

I don't care what happened to him in Buffalo I think he beat the NY Jets twice as HC of the Bills once eliminating them from playoff contention. 

Rex Ryan is a viable HC candidate. 

His time in NY was fun the team was alive we had good players good coaches and we won a helluva lot more than we have since he left. 

I didnt ask you to care about anything, however with that, dont expect me to care about your ability to ignore his entire HC history when talking about a HC opportunity for him.  

His time in NY was fun to you, to others it was fun for 2 years, sh*t for 4, sh*t for buffalo as well, which contributes to folks overall view of him, that you may not care about. 

The article doesnt include that we have to care about how you felt about those two years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didnt ask you to care about anything, however with that, dont expect me to care about your your ability to ignore his entire HC history when talking about a HC opportunity for him.  

His time in NY was fun to you, to others it was fun for 2 years, sh*t for 4, sh*t for buffalo as well which contributes to folks overall view of him, that you may not care about. 

The article doesnt include that we have to care about how you felt about those two years. 

Or does it or I care about your feelings towards Rex Ryan. 

Last time I checked this is still a football message board where we post opinions, facts and lately feelings. 

He's a helluva a lot better than what we've had here lately, jury still out on Adam Gase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Or does it or I care about your feelings towards Rex Ryan. 

Last time I checked this is still a football message board where we post opinions, facts and lately feelings. 

He's a helluva a lot better than what we've had here lately, jury still out on Adam Gase. 

 

You posted a Redskins focused post regarding Rex, I called him overrated, you talked about how you enjoyed the 2 AFCC years, I said I didnt forget the last 4 years or his time with Buffalo, you said you dont care about buffalo only Jets info, and that left me wondering why you posted a Redskins focused post about a guy who hasnt been a Jets coach in a half decade and has had HC jobs after that. 

No one is questioning what he was a helluva lot better than in terms of Jets coaches. Im saying that he's an overrated coach and that the Skins should be mindful of that. 

To conclude, I understand how you felt about 2009 and 2010. It's clear and you're entitled to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know I actually think Rex Ryan 3.0 might be a pretty good HC. I think he has the benefit of being able to evaluate his failures from a distance and knows that his success will hinge on him hiring a very good OC and finding a veteran  QB who isn't a total screw-up turnover wise. Imagine Rex with an Alex Smith type.   

Frankly, it is pretty funny that one of the biggest criticisms of Rex as a HC was that he was not involved in the Offense and NOW that is the model for the NFL. Hire a HC who is strong on one side of the ball and hire a Coordinator who is strong on the other, then let them be the HC's of each unit.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Rex Ryan brought us fun, exciting winning times here, back to back AFC Championships. 

And he also brought pain and suffering for 10 years to this franchise.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peebag said:

And he also brought pain and suffering for 10 years to this franchise.

Macc and Bowles brought more pain, suffering and aftermath. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ya know I actually think Rex Ryan 3.0 might be a pretty good HC. I think he has the benefit of being able to evaluate his failures from a distance and knows that his success will hinge on him hiring a very good OC and finding a veteran  QB who isn't a total screw-up turnover wise. Imagine Rex with an Alex Smith type.   

Frankly, it is pretty funny that one of the biggest criticisms of Rex as a HC was that he was not involved in the Offense and NOW that is the model for the NFL. Hire a HC who is strong on one side of the ball and hire a Coordinator who is strong on the other, then let them be the HC's of each unit.

That makes him a good candidate for DC not HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...