Cj mosely

Just now, Jet hustle said:

Any idea what is going on w this guy?    Out 5 weeks with a groin.....  

Groins are notoriously tough injuries to come back from with a high incidence of re-injury.  The problem has been managing expectations with the fans and the public.  I think they knew pretty early on that it would be about a 6-8 week injury.  My guess is that they toyed with the idea of IR but didn't want to do that.  The guy hasn't really practiced but every week it seems like they dangle hope out there saying things like, "he's improving but we'll have to see.  He's week to week.  He's not there yet" etc.

You really can't/shouldn't try to bring a guy back from a groin injury unless he's at least 95% IMO.  It's like a hamstring.  They linger.

And I'll make a bold and unpopular statement about Herndon as well.  If he's Limited in practice on Friday then that's hopeful. If he's a DNP just like he was on Wednesday then I'd bet this is a multiple week injury and we don't see Herndon until around Week 10.

• Upvote 3

When's the last time you saw a Patriots injury report with all these soft tissue injuries? Gase ran a WAY TOO SOFT CAMP & PRESEASON trying to protect these guys & its bit us in the azz. Yes Avery got injured but GW was training him in event of a Mosely injury. 

This team is snakebit this year it's just weird. We finally go into a season with a young QB with talent & everything falls apart. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, Jetster said:

When's the last time you saw a Patriots injury report with all these soft tissue injuries? Gase ran a WAY TOO SOFT CAMP & PRESEASON trying to protect these guys & its bit us in the azz. Yes Avery got injured but GW was training him in event of a Mosely injury. 

This team is snakebit this year it's just weird. We finally go into a season with a young QB with talent & everything falls apart. 

They must have a better "vitamin regimen" than most teams I guess.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, varjet said:

Something is wrong with this picture of all of these long-term soft tissue injuries.  

the Jets need an upgraded strength and conditioning program. 

Did someone say earlier that the trainer sucks and everyone here just rolled their eyes and said, yes, it's  all the trainers fault. This is direct reflection  on this guy. He is supposed to give these guys a stretching and strengthening regime  so they stay on the field. I mean Herndon was on his butt for 5 weeks and pulls a hammy running freaking routes? 

This isn't  bad luck at this point. These players are not properly prepared. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, varjet said:

Something is wrong with this picture of all of these long-term soft tissue injuries.  

the Jets need an upgraded strength and conditioning program. 

This is a valid point. I remember when the Jets had Sal Alosi running the strength and conditioning program. I don't know what kind of magic that guy worked on the players, but back then the Jets were able to stay pretty healthy over the course of each season.

Then he went and stupidly tried to trip an opposing player who was running along the sideline during a game, and the Jets had no choice but to fire him. Since then the team seems to have a long list of injuries each year.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Pats have guardrails in place that funnels out guys who have the potential to jake an injury. One being- dont hand out the bag to other teams "stars" they dont plan on resigning e.g. Trumaine Johnson.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Pats have guardrails in place that funnels out guys who have the potential to jake an injury. One being- dont hand out the bag to other teams "stars" they dont plan on resigning e.g. Trumaine Johnson.

Status Details
Phillip Dorsett WR DNP Out Hamstring
Rex Burkhead RB Limited Questionable Foot
Shilique Calhoun DE Limited Questionable Ankle
Patrick Chung DB Limited Questionable Heel
Nate Ebner DB Limited Questionable Groin
Julian Edelman WR Limited Questionable Chest
Josh Gordon WR Limited Questionable Knee
Yodny Cajuste OL   Reserve/Non-Football Injury  
David Andrews C   Reserve/Injured  
Keionta Davis DL   Reserve/Injured  
James Develin RB   Reserve/Injured  
Hjalte Froholdt OL   Reserve/Injured  
Malik Gant DB   Reserve/Injured  
Stephen Gostkowski K   Reserve/Injured  
N'Keal Harry WR   Reserve/Injured  
Brandon King DB   Reserve/Injured  
Derek Rivers DE   Reserve/Injured  
D'Angelo Ross DB   Reserve/Injured  
Isaiah Wynn OT   Reserve/Injured

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Status Details

Edelman missing over a month with a groin? Brothers Mccourty? I doubt it.

In my experience pulled muscles are mostly due to lack of adequate stretching routine, especially with older players. Granted a player can slip and incur an pulled muscle but some guys just pull up while running or changing direction.

With the limited practice time the team has, as a result of the CBA, it's up to the players to do this on their own time rather than trying every supplement on the market.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

In my experience pulled muscles are mostly due to lack of adequate stretching routine, especially with older players. Granted a player can slip and incur an pulled muscle but some guys just pull up while running or changing direction.

With the limited practice time the team has, as a result of the CBA, it's up to the players to do this on their own time rather than trying every supplement on the market.

^this

the myriad of limitations on practice/training/physical conditioning time that the CBA allows the teams to demand from the players has significantly damaged the NFL product, particularly in the first 3-5 weeks of the season.  I hope both sides address this issue in the upcoming CBA negotiations.  Something has to change. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Status Details

Injury reports are a joke in the NFL. A guy can cut himself shaving and be questionable.  Questionable is the lowest level. 

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Did someone say earlier that the trainer sucks and everyone here just rolled their eyes and said, yes, it's  all the trainers fault. This is direct reflection  on this guy. He is supposed to give these guys a stretching and strengthening regime  so they stay on the field. I mean Herndon was on his butt for 5 weeks and pulls a hammy running freaking routes? 

This isn't  bad luck at this point. These players are not properly prepared. 

Perhaps they’re also a bit coddled? Like keeping some Lamborghini in bubble wrap vs a rugged Ford F-150 powering through. I played through a hamstring tear in high school where my entire back of my leg was black & blue with bruises. It hurt like bad but when I was on the field in heat of competition I didn’t think about it. And over time it healed, yes more slowly but I still contributed at a similar level. 

Yes I know these guys are a slight step above us former high school weekend warriors ;-). And that the speed and power of NFL players is orders of magnitude greater than even just several decades ago. But man just gladiator up, pop some pain meds and get on the field. It’s not like you’re making rookie money their Mosley. 

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your back tracking and using a middle linebacker as an excuse?  Hahahahahahaha.

You seem to forget that a discussion forum is a snapshot of a moment in time of a very fluid experience.  On Friday we're thinking Darnold, Herndon, and Mosley are coming back against Dallas and on Tuesday we get the bombshell that Mosley isn't close and Herndon got injured.  Mosley is the QB of the defense and we were pitching a shutout against the Bills until he left injured after an amazing pass breakup in that chronically soft middle of the field.  Herndon running threatening routes takes the coverage off of our weak WR corps.  These are two players that are vital to our success against strong teams, very much hurts our ability to win on Sunday.

I couldn't care less about your petty scorekeeping; I'm depressed about the Jets injury news.

SAR I