Cj mosely

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You seem to forget that a discussion forum is a snapshot of a moment in time of a very fluid experience.  On Friday we're thinking Darnold, Herndon, and Mosley are coming back against Dallas and on Tuesday we get the bombshell that Mosley isn't close and Herndon got injured.  Mosley is the QB of the defense and we were pitching a shutout against the Bills until he left injured after an amazing pass breakup in that chronically soft middle of the field.  Herndon running threatening routes takes the coverage off of our weak WR corps.  These are two players that are vital to our success against strong teams, very much hurts our ability to win on Sunday.

I couldn't care less about your petty scorekeeping; I'm depressed about the Jets injury news.

SAR I

Back tracking over a middle linebacker.  Hahahahahahahaha.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Back tracking over a middle linebacker.  Hahahahahahahaha.

This isn't some contest on right/wrong predictions.  I felt very good on Friday, I feel depressed today.  You can accept that or not, it really doesn't matter either way.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This isn't some contest on right/wrong predictions.  I felt very good on Friday, I feel depressed today.  You can accept that or not, it really doesn't matter either way.

SAR I

Guess we can give up on that ridiculous "we are going to the playoffs thread"?

• Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Injury reports are a joke in the NFL. A guy can cut himself shaving and be questionable.  Questionable is the lowest level. 

They got rid of probable?

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

In my experience pulled muscles are mostly due to lack of adequate stretching routine, especially with older players. Granted a player can slip and incur an pulled muscle but some guys just pull up while running or changing direction.

With the limited practice time the team has, as a result of the CBA, it's up to the players to do this on their own time rather than trying every supplement on the market.

Sometimes.  As an older player, sometimes there were aggressive trainers insisting on crazy stretching routines.  Pretty sure that is how I got my "sports hernia."

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

it’s starting to seem like maybe paying a billion dollars to other teams’ stars isn’t the best way to build a roster

Yeah, reading this thread for the first time just now, I got through page 2 and still came back to this post. 

For all those pointing at what the CBA allows and doesn't, the current CBA predates Mosley's entire NFL career (and even predate his junior & senior seasons at Alabama before that). Somehow, some way, he managed to do his little stretching and such all that time and had missed like 3 games in the prior 7 seasons combined. 

He then signs on for $17MM/year, with over $40MM fully guaranteed at signing, and suddenly he pulls a groin that keeps him out of action for a couple months. Of course it's possible, but it's hard to see this as pure coincidence.

3 hours ago, Atj21 said:

Guess we can give up on that ridiculous "we are going to the playoffs thread"?

No.  It just got harder, that's all.  Playoffs depend on a win against either the Cowboys or the Patriots.  If Mosley isn't ready this Sunday, perhaps he's ready next Monday.

SAR I