Only one way to win on Sunday vs. Cowgirls

The Cowboys are hurting just as much as we are. They can potential be without their top 3 OL as well as Cooper and Cobb. I think our D will hold them to under 20 points. It’s going to fall on the offense to score some points. The D can play lights out, but if we don’t move the ball, we’re not winning. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, peebag said:

If you stop the run game, you stop Dallas.  Pure and simple.

You make Dak Prescott have to throw.

Easy, Peesy.

I'd agree with this except for the fact that we'd be forcing Dak to throw against the Jets secondary....which is kind of like asking someone to go fishing in a barrel full of striped bass.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd agree with this except for the fact that we'd be forcing Dak to throw against the Jets secondary....which is kind of like asking someone to go fishing in a barrel full of striped bass.

Dak is meh.  Though Cooper and Gallup are a solid receiving duo.  

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, Drums said:

I think the defense has been doing enough to win in today's NFL-- the offense needs to score some points. Before the season, I predicted 24 ppg (boy was I wrong). I think we can win if the offense moves the ball on offense and scores some touchdowns. 

We do not have a punt returner or kick returner so that won't help us much.

With the exception of the Pats game the defense has generally played well enough for us to win every game. The offense just isn't doing anything.

The real key for us to have a punchers chance is just the offense moving the ball, scoring points, and looking like a real NFL offense. We're the inferior team but if we are remotely competent on offense we obviously have a chance. Any given Sunday and all that.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

Defense!

Defense must play lights out type D. If Gw's gang can hold off Elliott to a minimum, which is a tall order, and Dak is inconsistent we have a shot. The line on the game is  6-7-8, that smells to high heaven and screams stay away from bet. If O can maintain possession, score a couple of TD's and keep the scumbags of the field coupled with a lights out D it will be done. Let's go Jets!

That’s more than one way, 😁

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dak is meh.  Though Cooper and Gallup are a solid receiving duo.  

Is Cooper even playing?  
Agree with Dak.  Even when he gets 300+ yards he unimpressive

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I think the defense has been doing enough to win in today's NFL-- the offense needs to score some points. Before the season, I predicted 24 ppg (boy was I wrong). I think we can win if the offense moves the ball on offense and scores some touchdowns. 

We do not have a punt returner or kick returner so that won't help us much.

Yes no burner, however aside from kickers ST's has been ok most importantly Edwards, problem is he leads the league with 32 punts, not a stat you want to have.

I really don’t see the Jets offense having success against a bigger and faster Dallas defense. Quinn and Lawrence off the edges will give our below average tackles fits. Our middle of the line won’t be able to handle the Cowboys linebackers, who also won’t allow Bell to get to the next level. I haven’t really seen anything scheme wise from Gase that’s inspiring either. The Cowboys are pretty banged up on offense, but their D will carry them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Run the football. Put Powell back there with bell, and Wesco at Te, and run the football. Use Montgomery more in the passing game. Line him up in the backfield with bell, line him up as a 3rd wideout. His skills haven't been utilized by gase as of yet.. Let the offensive line get into a rhythm. I'm old school when it comes down too offense. love a great passing attack, but with an average o-line, and no herndon, you have to run the ball.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, genot said:

Run the football. Put Powell back there with bell, and Wesco at Te, and run the football. Use Montgomery more in the passing game. Line him up in the backfield with bell, line him up as a 3rd wideout. His skills haven't been utilized by gase as of yet.. Let the offensive line get into a rhythm. I'm old school when it comes down too offense. love a great passing attack, but with an average o-line, and no herndon, you have to run the ball.

Running the ball chews clock too, if D can smash them in the mouth and hold O must put points up, and early.

• Upvote 1

I think( more like hope) we win. All I know is I hope devin smith don’t show up against us we be ironic though and jets like. This has to be the turning point of the season. I’ll be rooting like hell to win. Time to put our game faces on and crush the cowgirls 

talladega nights GIF

Just now, Apache 51 said:

Running the ball chews clock too, if D can smash them in the mouth and hold O must put points up, and early.

Without a doubt. Hard for us to win against a good team without running the ball. Not at this point, anyway. I would love to see KO, get healthy and take over for winters and have Lewis stay at left guard.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, peebag said:

If you stop the run game, you stop Dallas.  Pure and simple.

You make Dak Prescott have to throw.

Easy, Peesy.

I too think stopping one of the best and most balances Offenses in the NFL is easy peasy.

Where can I bet my retirement fund on this game?

23 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Whos guarding Amari?

Hopefully two DBs for the entire game.  

I hope Wiliams simplifies the defense as much as possible because Dallas has 2 players on offense who can hurt you, Amari and Zeke.  Playing a 4-2-5 this week with Q/Leo as the DTs, Jenkins and Copeland as the "DEs" along with Hewitt, Cashman, Adams, Maye, Poole, Roberts and Trumaine (unfortunately I think Hairston is hurt).

We can have Poole (who is playing very well) on Gallup, Daryl Roberts on Devin Smith and double Amari for the entire game with Trumaine and Maye.

At this point of his career Witten should be able to be covered by Hewitt or Cashman with help from Adams but ideally Id like to see Adams used to shadow Zeke as much as possible out of the backfield.  

If we are able to get any sort of pressure without blitzing against the 2 backup OTs with that group of 4, we should be able to force Prescott to his 2nd and 3rd reads where he is going to struggle.