Only one way to win on Sunday vs. Cowgirls

Apache 51

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine by me.  Darnold plays well but we lose 28-24.  Keep the tank alive!

If Darnold plays well and is the guy we hope he is, what is the point of tanking?

I get tanking for QBs but at what point do you start valuing wins for winning's sake?  We are not going to go from 4-12 to 12-4.  You need to start building at some point.

51 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If Darnold plays well and is the guy we hope he is, what is the point of tanking?

I get tanking for QBs but at what point do you start valuing wins for winning's sake?  We are not going to go from 4-12 to 12-4.  You need to start building at some point.

I can't believe I have to explain this again on here for the 10,000th time.

There are always teams needing QB's.  Having a top 3 pick enables us to trade down for as many as three first rounders.  

We have a billion needs on this team and people don't see the value of tanking?  In 2019?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rolloffjet said:

I think( more like hope) we win. All I know is I hope devin smith don’t show up against us we be ironic though and jets like. This has to be the turning point of the season. I’ll be rooting like hell to win. Time to put our game faces on and crush the cowgirls 

talladega nights GIF

Devin Smith 3 rec. 156 yds 2  TDS

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I really wish we had both Henry Anderson and CJ Mosely for this game.

The Jets front 7, on paper, really had/has the potential to be Top 10 even without that true "stud" Edge rusher.  The 4 person rotation of Anderson, Leo, McClendon and QW is very solid.  Copeland, Jenkins, Mosely, Hewitt is a good group of 4 that can rotate Luvu, Langi, Basham in.

It's a shame we haven't been able to see what Gregg Williams planned to do with the entire complement of guys in his Front 7.

Completely different game if they play. Seriously doubt either will though.

Sam has to hit to Robbie a couple of times so we can get Le'veon going. It's chancy but with Sam I think you throw the ball to open up the running game on Sunday. You can not let teams get away with stacking the LOS to stop Bell. Challenge them deep, get Crowder going & then start you using Bell split out too. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are always teams needing QB's.  Having a top 3 pick enables us to trade down for as many as three first rounders.  

We have a billion needs on this team and people don't see the value of tanking?  In 2019?

No, no, we get it.

Just do us a favor. Promise to come back again and let us all know when YOU think it’s okay to start trying to win games again.

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Shush, don't make it so obvious.

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I'm tired of watching this team lose. Besides you don't establish a culture of winning by losing. 

We've been "tanking" for a decade and the draft is a crap shoot anyway.  I'm all for stockpiling picks and trading down if we indeed do suck - but my days of rooting for them to lose are over.  

No, I'm tired of watching this team lose. Besides you don't establish a culture of winning by losing. 
We've been "tanking" for a decade and the draft is a crap shoot anyway.  I'm all for stockpiling picks and trading down if we indeed do suck - but my days of rooting for them to lose are over.  

Trading a top 3 pick for three first rounders makes it far less of a “crapshoot”.

We’ve never tanked properly. That’s why it’s never worked for us. The # 6 pick is no-mans land.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, jetstream23 said:

I really wish we had both Henry Anderson and CJ Mosely for this game.

The Jets front 7, on paper, really had/has the potential to be Top 10 even without that true "stud" Edge rusher.  The 4 person rotation of Anderson, Leo, McClendon and QW is very solid.  Copeland, Jenkins, Mosely, Hewitt is a good group of 4 that can rotate Luvu, Langi, Basham in.

It's a shame we haven't been able to see what Gregg Williams planned to do with the entire complement of guys in his Front 7.

This is true. I guess it's either awful luck that the ridiculous injury/illness spree coincided with the toughest part of the schedule or a blessing as you wouldn't want to be missing these guys in the game we should win. 

To the OP, we need Defense! AND (not but), we need to go deep to Robby early in the game, esp if they put eight in the box in the first qtr against us.